Muse Write Official Song For the Olympics

KirkBot

4d845e9e-2c11-4abd-acab-c6cf7c4e5b43.jpgWe are very excited to announce that a Muse song, Survival, has been selected by the London Olympic committee to be the main official song for the London 2012 Olympic Games. Matt wrote the song with the Olympics in mind. It's about total conviction and pure determination to win.

The song will be played throughout the Games including when athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony and also as the theme for all international TV coverage. The worldwide radio exclusive will be tonight on BBC Radio 1 during Zane Lowe's show around 19:30 and will be available to buy on iTunes and in the muse.mu store immediately afterwards.

We are honoured that the Olympics have chosen our song to officially represent the London 2012 Olympic Games across the globe.

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/785/muse-write-official-song-for-the-olympics/

This is really cool.

I don't care if it's laced with clichés about winning and all that. It's a new Muse song to listen that will hold me over until the new album comes out.

Although I think if there was going to be a Muse song as an Olympic theme, "Butterflies & Hurricanes" is more appropriate.

Although I think if there was going to be a Muse song as an Olympic theme, "Butterflies & Hurricanes" is more appropriate.

Yeah, definitely ! I always sing that one after exams, after sports, after rehersals with my band - wait - I sing that one all the time ! My favourite !

But fits the olympics - together with Invincible - that one maybe even more...

I'm so excited about the new one ! ! ! Hope it rocks ! ! !

I am disgusted that Muse would support the Olympics at all. Have they not heard of Bhopal and Dow Chemicals and the way Lord Smarmy Coe blocked all email protests from Amnesty? So much for all Matt's save the world rubbish, he's just another sell out.

Archived