How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Surely this means they'll be performing at either the opening or closing ceremony?

I really hope not on the purely selfish basis that I'd hate to miss out on being there :chuckle:. It would be near impossible to get a ticket, unless I assumed a fake identity and underwent surgery or something, lol.

Anyways, I'm using my iPhone at work to check the boards and post, so it's hard to check through the thread to see what's been posted.

Does everyone know about this 20-second clip of the song? http://www.twitvid.com/NCXKJ/

I really hope it's not TOO cheesy, lol. I can deal with an Invincible level of cheese, not so much a Guiding Light level.

Well this is the biggest shite I've read on the board this year. Try again.

Pop music is derived from rock...doesn't make all rock music "pop". That's really a stupid, generic and uneducated thing to assume.

I have no idea what to make of this, aside from lolling at Matt's vocal tones.

It reminds me a bit of Man Of Simple Pleasures by Kasabian, although as that is my least favourite song on Velociraptor! that's not really a good thing. Having said that it's not as cheesy as I thought - least it's not like any of the songs on Rock of Ages. Yet.

People fall back to memes when they have no arguments left.

Please tell me how Citizen Erased and Baby, Baby, Baby are so similar.

I used a meme because there's no need to argue with you, your point was ridiculous and everyone who read it knows that, I was just taking the piss :rolleyes:

I used a meme because there's no need to argue with you, your point was ridiculous and everyone who read it knows that, I was just taking the piss :rolleyes:

Well when you make such a stupid statement like saying all rock music is pop, it's highly doubtful that you could come up with a very legitimate grammatically correct sentence in the first place.

Not how it works. It's all tied in with Warner and the songwriter, pay per play stopped a long time ago seeing as we're in the digital age. Yes of course they will get more if it is played tonnes more but not to the extent it used to, and the bulk of that money will go to the label. As they hold the contract for rights to the music. I can't imagine the Olympic splashing out on a soundtrack when the budget for the ceremonies is £27mil.

Trust me, it's not money influenced or selling out. Don't be so narrow-minded.

The olympic games organisation don't pay Muse...

the money will come from TV rights across the globe

Of course, I need to give a full listen at 7:30 tonight, but if the entire song is like that (which is likely, I don't see it going into hard rock/wubstep from that intro) then I hate that song. Seriously.

Funny as it sounds, Unsustainable is giving me hope right now. While it's not a lot of people's cup of tea, it is mine, and is definitely better than this.

Pop music is derived from rock...doesn't make all rock music "pop". That's really a stupid, generic and uneducated thing to assume.

Well when you make such a stupid statement like saying all rock music is pop, it's highly doubtful that you probably couldn't come up with a very legitimate grammatically correct sentence in the first place.

Well first of all tell me the definition of pop.

And then you'll be wrong straight away. Just stop being stupid. Rock can be pop and vice versa.

it wasn't even a real meme...:LOL:

but back on topic, if the song turns out to be shit, I really wouldn't want Muse to perform it live . it would be the same as standing up and yelling : "hey everybody! we suck!"

I'm honestly more excited about the boards opinion of the full song than I am about actually hearing it.

95% of active messageboard will say that it's horrible while the other 5% will try to defend it but fail miserably and retreat to twitter and tumblr to moan about it

everyone dislikes the boards

Well when you make such a stupid statement like saying all rock music is pop, it's highly doubtful that you could come up with a very legitimate grammatically correct sentence in the first place.

No one said all rock music is pop you imbecile, I certainly didn't anyway :LOL:

Also, definition of pop music for you:

pop music - music of general appeal to teenagers; a bland watered-down version of rock'n'roll with more rhythm and harmony and an emphasis on romantic love

Sound familiar?

I can't be arsed arguing because these points have been made a hundred times before so you can reply to this with whatever strange logic and 'witty' remarks you can think of.

Pop and rock are separate genres.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Maybe you should take some music classes.

Muse is a rock band, a prog one at that. This is crap.

Since when is Muse a prog rock band?

Well, first off, you need to understand pop music isn't popular music.

Secondly, some of us are still hanging around from the prog rock era who think pop music is complete trash.

And, yeah, Muse was prog rock. Prog is heavily influenced by classical symphonies, structures, musical styles and all the like. You'd have to be deaf not to hear that in Muse's music.

Funny as it sounds, Unsustainable is giving me hope right now. While it's not a lot of people's cup of tea, it is mine, and is definitely better than this.

If its as bad as it sounds then Unsustainable is going to sound amazing, maybe that is their plan. Release a crap song to make Unsustainable sound better :LOL:

The olympic games organisation don't pay Muse...

the money will come from TV rights across the globe

You're making assumptions of which, let's be frank, none of us are sure on.

Sporting events won't be a-typical.

Archived