How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

There is no "olympics song".

All we know is that Unsustainable is being played tomorrow, but apparently it isn't the first official single from the album, which is due for release in August.

I hope so, a song inspired by the Olympics doesn't sound promising :unsure:

Maybe Danny Boyle has changed his mind about the Olympics set list since it was leaked and has asked Muse if he can use their new song in it - but we don't know that, there's no evidence for it.

It's possible, and Danny Boyle does have a habit of making last minute changes. On top of that he is a known Muse fan.

It's possible, and Danny Boyle does have a habit of making last minute changes. On top of that he is a known Muse fan.

Very true. But when I saw the rumours start that we're hearing two songs today and one was a song specially written for the Olympics I though it was probably best to start rumour killing...

Just posted by @WickedMuser:

@WickedMuser: People on twitter!!!

Just found out the new single 'Survival' will be available on iTunes today, after Zane Lowe.

So?

What if I tweet that the whole album will be available for free download in 6.7 minutes?

You believe me don't you?:LOL:

Just posted by @WickedMuser:

@WickedMuser: People on twitter!!!

Just found out the new single 'Survival' will be available on iTunes today, after Zane Lowe.

I'll refrain from believing WickedMuser (aka total randomer) until we get official confirmation ;).

Why does everyone think this is some Olympic song? Where has there been any evidence of that? It's all speculation. We've officially been told we'll hear Unsustainable tonight from radio stations. That hardly sounds like an Olympic song :LOL:

I'll refrain from believing WickedMuser (aka total randomer) until we get official confirmation ;).

Why does everyone think this is some Olympic song? Where has there been any evidence of that? It's all speculation. We've officially been told we'll hear Unsustainable tonight from radio stations. That hardly sounds like an Olympic song :LOL:

Well... before anything was confirmed.. A guy from a spanish forum claimed that someone from Warner Music, told him that a new song would be played on the radio this wednesday (he was right about that) and that the song was related to the olympics... So a big chance that he's right there as well!

Very true. But when I saw the rumours start that we're hearing two songs today and one was a song specially written for the Olympics I though it was probably best to start rumour killing...

Yeah, that sounds like a bit of a fabrication to me. Rumors like this are bound to spread this close to release though, like all the fake leaks we've gotten.

So?

What if I tweet that the whole album will be available for free download in 6.7 minutes?

You believe me don't you?:LOL:

Just passing it on. He has said he has seen the single cover art, which he said was mainly yellow with black text. He has also hinted he had contacts at Warner.

I guess we'll know more "soon".

Well... before anything was confirmed.. A guy from a spanish forum claimed that someone from Warner Music, told him that a new song would be played on the radio this wednesday (he was right about that) and that the song was related to the olympics... So a big chance that he's right there as well!

Fair enough, but best to take most rumours with a pinch of salt to avoid disappointment.

Radio DJs have confirmed the song is Unsustainable, which I highly doubt is the 'Olympic' song as the message seems to be pretty much the antithesis of what London 2012 is all about :chuckle:.

That would suggest there's a second song, but I just can't see them randomly giving us a preview of an album track and then a song for the Olympics in the same day. Watch this space, I guess. XFM hasn't given a time for tonight: is Radio One saying from 7.30pm?

Archived