How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

This is all abit weird really. First announcement which all this is based on was from a guy who told us to 'remember' that we can hear the new single which he 'thinks' is called Unsustainable. He didn't even get the days correct. When are we supposed to get anything from official sources? It's not like I believe they won't air it, but it's all a bit messy tbh.

Tom and Alex from Triple J pretty much confirmed the title.

True enough, but still nothing official from the band or Warner. Not even Tom...

Well Tom actually tweeted one of his hidden references, but I think that we got no official announce because it's an olympics single and they want to "surprise" us

I think it is for the Olympics. Why else would they be keeping so quiet? Also, today is exactly a month until the Olympics start, so it's perfect timing.

Whatever it is, it will be good.

9 and a half hours to go guys!!!

I think it is for the Olympics. Why else would they be keeping so quiet? Also, today is exactly a month until the Olympics start, so it's perfect timing.

Whatever it is, it will be good.

9 and a half hours to go guys!!!

If there's one thing we definitely can't be sure about, it's that.

If there's one thing we definitely can't be sure about, it's that.

Idk, personally I really like NSC haha. Not their best, but I like the melody (not necessarily the lyrics though).

Just out of interest....where did the whole Olympic single thing come from? They could be providing the soundtrack for another film for all we know!

Just out of interest....where did the whole Olympic single thing come from? They could be providing the soundtrack for another film for all we know!

Matt's been seen talking with Olympics people. The rumour mentioned it would be for the Olympics. Timing's pretty good. It's been a speculated thing for a while. There's more reason to say it will be an Olympic thing than a movie.

Matt's been seen talking with Olympics people. The rumour mentioned it would be for the Olympics. Timing's pretty good. It's been a speculated thing for a while. There's more reason to say it will be an Olympic thing than a movie.

I agree with the timings and stuff, but when Matt went to parliament he was with people involved with the Leveson inquiry, so I thought that was something to do with the pap injunction he was trying to get. Oh well- it could have been about the Olympics!!!

I remember an interview before NSC came out that Matt was thinking about writing an Olympic-based song. Obviously that wasn't NSC but it doesn't mean the idea died.

If XFM are saying it is theirs then it is surely worth going to Radio One at 7:30, like they said, and see if this puzzle has an answer we want. And if not, then it'll probably be on YouTube at some point.

So XFM are playing the Olympic song and Unsustainable?

I think the olympic song might be from that interview before NSC came out, didn't they discuss an olympic song then but it was never confirmed that NSC was that song?

There is no "olympics song".

All we know is that Unsustainable is being played tomorrow, but apparently it isn't the first official single from the album, which is due for release in August.

Archived