How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I don't see why people are saying "oh it's the Olympics track then." It's seriously like equating this situation to calling NSC "the Twilight track." Just because this isn't the official single doesn't mean it can't be from the album, considering USoE wasn't the "official" first single either and was still on The Resistance. Surely this song wasn't written for the Olympics, it'll just be featured and is no doubt from the album.

Oh it's most definitely from the album, we all know that

And the rest is exactly what I meant, except it could be for the Olympics

it’ll be an anthemic and inspiring rock track

Pretty much the "Uprising" of The Second Law.

Definitive opener for The Fall Tour :happy:

Except no politics you would reckon because of the apparent Olympics hoo-rah

Don't know why people think this song has to be related to the Olympics...

Did they write a song especially for those olympics ?

Doubt it, Unsustainable has dramatic lyrics about our current world and I don't see some "dubstep" getting played there but who knows, fact is they did release The Resistance in Sept 2009 and we got USOE (via the infamous "treasure game", good memories :D) in June 2009 and (if i m correct) Uprising on Radio in July 2009.

Makes perfect sense for them to release the first single now if the album is to get released in September.

As for anthem rock, I was quoting this article :

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/173311/9

"The name of the track has yet to be officially confirmed, but Stereoboard believes that it’ll be an anthemic and inspiring rock track, tinged with Dubstep, entitled 'Unsustainable'"

They also claim it will get linked to the Olympics (aren't MOP and Uprising already on London Olympics soundtrack ?).

As long as I get to listen to it in 18 hours time, I will be happy and can't wait to see all the dubstep haters crying out loud here, it's gonna be Glorious :LOL:

Don't know why people think this song has to be related to the Olympics...

Doubt it, Unsustainable has dramatic lyrics about our current world and I don't see some "dubstep" getting played there but who knows, fact is they did release The Resistance in Sept 2009 and we got USOE (via the infamous "treasure game", good memories :D) in June 2009 and (if i m correct) Uprising on Radio in July 2009.

Makes perfect sense for them to release the first single now if the album is to get released in September.

As for anthem rock, I was quoting this article :

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/173311/9

"The name of the track has yet to be officially confirmed, but Stereoboard believes that it’ll be an anthemic and inspiring rock track, tinged with Dubstep, entitled 'Unsustainable'"

They also claim it will get linked to the Olympics (aren't MOP and Uprising already on London Olympics soundtrack ?).

As long as I get to listen to it in 18 hours time, I will be happy and can't wait to see all the dubstep haters crying out loud here, it's gonna be Glorious :LOL:

I think it has to do with the fact the person who predicted the release correctly also mentioned it is to do with the Olympics. Also Bellamy was spotted at parliament in talks with the sports minister

'UNSUSTAINABLE' x9

Very dramatic lyrics right there.

It's truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for anyone so if asked, yes, I'm pretty damn sure anyone would.

It's not like Twilight or "selling out" or to appeal to a larger crowd, it's simply an incredible opportunity.

Nothing bad can come of it in my opinion

edit; What if the trailer was a VIP remix of Unsustainable? With the one line reviews I'm struggling to see dubstep/brostep/whatever on the horizon.

Archived