How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

So I noticed that the drums and guitar at the end of Survival are strangely similar to those in Assassin's GOB midsection. I wonder if they decided they could borrow from that song since it wasn't on the album?

oh, Muse rip off a lot of their old stuff... sometimes drums or harmonic progression, it's a common phenomenon:D

So I noticed that the drums and guitar at the end of Survival are strangely similar to those in Assassin's GOB midsection. I wonder if they decided they could borrow from that song since it wasn't on the album?

Interesting if they meant it to relate to Assassin since there is already a bit of controversy over the "light the fuse" lyric. :erm: Hidden meanings and all that. :LOL:

Has anyone used this as an alarm clock? (The second half of the second verse, "I choose to survive" leading into that falsetto scream)

More effective than Knights of Cydonia's riff. :LOL: Especially with the choir and all that.

We don't know untill we hear it live

I really appreciate the live material... But since I'll see them live once if I'm lucky, and they haven't made a DVD in ages (and several of the existing ones are a useless pain for me to play :mad: ) I'll be happy if the album stuff sounds good. :(

I posted it cause i want to see them again in my country. And the rest i just watched on Utube.

Am I the only one whose pissed at how they've cut the song up in the official video?

I too am vexed about that. How dare they cut the closing riff up! :mad:

Still gives me goosebumps watching the video though.

Well it's likely that that version will be played at the Olympics. Just when your getting into a part of the song they skip it and it's really annoying.

They'll only be playing snippets of it (probably instrumentals) during the Olympics so I'm not sure what you're getting annoyed for.

Chances are they'll play the song at least once; otherwise why bother editing the song in the first place?

And if they did play it once, is it really going to kill you? Also, they just cut bits out of the song, that's really not hard to do.

Archived