How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

IIRC both Warner and the band have said they'll be playing the closing ceremony. But they don't seem to be on the official line-up. :(

The line-up leaked in the trash press, if true, is probably one of the most depressing reads ever.

But I thought Bellamy said in the Zane Lowe interview when they premiered Survival that they were asked to play the opening ceremony and Paul McCartney was doing the closing one.

Nah he isn't, they'd just pull the plug on it :p

:chuckle:

The line-up leaked in the trash press, if true, is probably one of the most depressing reads ever.

But I thought Bellamy said in the Zane Lowe interview when they premiered Survival that they were asked to play the opening ceremony and Paul McCartney was doing the closing one.

What's wrong with the lineup? :erm: Did you expect it to be anything else?

Bit odd that Muse aren't on it though, just says The Who...

Maybe due to the critics response being so bad, they've cancelled them :LOL:

I'm refusing to believe the Daily Mail as in the past they have called Matt "Mark Belamy" who is married to Goldie Hawn.

Stupid paper.

Out of all the artists on the list, as far as I'm aware, Muse are the only ones who have confirmed it themselves that they are playing the Closing ceremony.

One Direction? They are certainly not fit to play stadium

I expected it to try harder than One Direction, Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, et all. It just reads like the Jubilee Concert, which was also crap.

Maybe but as said the Olympic people loved Survival as an instrumental and were keen to get it on board, so it would be a bizarre 360-turn.

I still think they're involved in some way with the Opening Ceremony.

I couldn't argue if Muse were pulled because the song was embarassing.

so was the song canceled to be the "Official 2012 London Olympics Song", as well? I don't think so. if it's going to be on tv for 2 weeks, imo it makes no sense to cut it out from the closing ceremony.

If muse say they are playing the closing ceremony, they are playing the closing ceremony. It makes complete sense and the song is epic haters gonna hate :phu:

And if they say they're going to make a simple album, they're going to make a simple album.

If muse say they are playing the closing ceremony, they are playing the closing ceremony. It makes complete sense and the song is epic haters gonna hate :phu:

I've only heard that they've been ASKED to play though :awesome:

I'm refusing to believe the Daily Mail as in the past they have called Matt "Mark Belamy" who is married to Goldie Hawn.

Stupid paper.

I tried googling this for laughs but the only thing that came up was this thread from 2004 (from another site) which appears to be from a time when Absolution has recently been released. Cue fans saying what a disappointment it is, nothing compared to the old material...now where have we heard that before?

http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187302

But, I have to be a typical hardcore Muse fan and say that Absolution is crud. It's dull, lacking in emotion and originality, and is too political

To get back on topic, I seriously doubt they would drop a band at this stage from the closing ceremony- it's a big project to do, and drastic changes would probably seriously mess things up. If they did get dropped, it would be a huge humiliation, sure.

I think people here focus too much on the negative reviews from magazines. 99.99% of the Olympic crowd aren't aware of those. The official Olympic video has a typical less that 5% dislike rate at Youtube. It should be fine.

And if they say they're going to make a simple album, they're going to make a simple album.

No need to be difficult :phu:

The german kind-of-interview that appeared today didn't talk about them playing at the closing ceremony?

However, I somehow think (I have intern sources, trust me) that we'll find out by the end of the Olympic games.

I thought it said underneath the interview that they were?

Except it wasn't.
*high fives* By the end of the games everyone will give in and worship the song and then we'll be going 'SO I TOLD YOU' :D

And if the boys said they're doing the Closing Ceremony, then they're doing it. Tabloids are vile, reading that shite and using it as source for reliable info of ANY sort is just :noey:

I tried googling this for laughs but the only thing that came up was this thread from 2004 (from another site) which appears to be from a time when Absolution has recently been released. Cue fans saying what a disappointment it is, nothing compared to the old material...now where have we heard that before?

http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187302

To get back on topic, I seriously doubt they would drop a band at this stage from the closing ceremony- it's a big project to do, and drastic changes would probably seriously mess things up. If they did get dropped, it would be a huge humiliation, sure.

I think people here focus too much on the negative reviews from magazines. 99.99% of the Olympic crowd aren't aware of those. The official Olympic video has a typical less that 5% dislike rate at Youtube. It should be fine.

sputnik is so terrible :LOL:

Archived