How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

'Whenever the athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony, and it will be the theme for all international TV coverage'

According to the Radio 4 programme. They'll be no escape! :LOL:

Oh yeah, that too! I knew I heard it somewhere. Yep, we'll be sick of it. I haven't listened to it in over a week.

I listen to it in secret, when the boyfriend isn't home (still sound stupid saying that... been together 8 years...)

So, he doesn't get the pleasure of making fun of how I hated it at first. And so he doesn't start singing. Badly.

I still don't listen to it super often; it's not that kind of song.

Closing ceremony? Maybe? :erm:

Do you realise how embarrassing it would be if he cracked that note at the closing ceremony (and how likely he is to crack it)? I doubt he'll even attempt it tbh. He'll probably dodge the "To the whole human race" part too, it's a tricky one despite not being as high. And that ending falsetto is almost certainly getting the TaB treatment.

His vocals usually don't meet up to expectations at high pressure TV events. At least it doesn't based on the two performances of Uprising (MTV + Grammies), where both times his singing came across as rather flat. But we'll see.

Do you realise how embarrassing it would be if he cracked that note at the closing ceremony (and how likely he is to crack it)? I doubt he'll even attempt it tbh. He'll probably dodge the "To the whole human race" part too, it's a tricky one despite not being as high. And that ending falsetto is almost certainly getting the TaB treatment.

I hope he does :erm: we know how insecure he can be about his voice sometimes but he's got to be brave, if he wrote it like that he should be able to perform it like that!

It kinda reminds me of how Matt's falsetto when playing Bliss live seems to be getting weaker. I mean, just look at Reading/Leads 2011, barely.

So yeah, maybe Matt will never perform that scream. Funny how he can record it in the first place though.

I'd say Wembley's performance was really strong though.

It kinda reminds me of how Matt's falsetto when playing Bliss live seems to be getting weaker. I mean, just look at Reading/Leads 2011, barely.

So yeah, maybe Matt will never perform that scream. Funny how he can record it in the first place though.

He IS able to hit all of those notes live.

/Matt-lazy-live-with-his-vocals-thread

Seems pretty strong on the track though. We shall just have to wait and see how much energy he puts into the new

Tour

He IS able to hit all of those notes live.

/Matt-lazy-live-with-his-vocals-thread

But is it all about being lazy? :LOL: He is getting old. Plus, Reading/Leeds was kinda a special occasion since they were playing OoS in full. Surely there's some passion that they felt while performing. Yet...

I'd say Wembley's performance was really strong though.

That rekindled a 'lil faith in me that he could still sing it. But it didn't come as strong as those at Earls Court or Live 8 @ Paris. Then two years before 2010, he could still do it at RAH. I'm just not sure as to why as of late it doesn't seem, as strong anymore? I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like technical stuff about music. Well, maybe he is being lazy.

Whatever it is, even I would be scared to screw up at the Olympics Closing Ceremony.

That rekindled a 'lil faith in me that he could still sing it. But it didn't come as strong as those at Earls Court or Live 8 @ Paris. Then two years before 2010, he could still do it at RAH. I'm just not sure as to why as of late it doesn't seem, as strong anymore? I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like technical stuff about music. Well, maybe he is being lazy.

His falsetto isn't getting that much weaker, he's just using less effects on his voice.

So you're saying you're not growing old by the day, yes? :rolleyes: Sure, he isn't old. But he is getting old.

@Sippe : Right. Not going to ask you what effects those are. :LOL:

If 34 is old then life is very short :( I am getting old. We are all getting old. Boo hoo. I agree I think his voice is stronger, more perfected and more operatic

Archived