How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Guest bellamylookalike

I shall. Maybe I'll dig myself to the other side of the internet for some intelligent discourse :)

joke.

Repeating your 'joke' over and over again doesn't suddenly make it funny, dude.

I'm trying so hard not to respond to it and let it die. :'(

Y'know, I'm still wondering how exactly "thrive" managed to get pronounced "fwrive". :p

Bad mouthing the 'American' Australians :chuckle: what the effing fuck?

Fcuking christ. Some humans are intolerable. Not because they dared cover muse or anything like that, just...you know, everything else about it...

Talking of intolerable humans, did someone mention Rufus Wainright in this thread? :noey:

Um dude, you do realise they were taking the piss... And if you're going to bad mouth Rufus Wainwright here, I just don't even :LOL:

Also how daaaare someone cover Muse :LOL::facepalm:

Love it. I think I prefer it to the original. :LOL:

Why can't we have Triple J over here? Listened to it loads heaps in my month in Australia. :(

They have a digital radio channel :awesome:

Guest bellamylookalike
Bad mouthing the 'American' Australians :chuckle: what the effing fuck?

Um dude, you do realise they were taking the piss... And if you're going to bad mouth Rufus Wainwright here, I just don't even :LOL:

Also how daaaare someone cover Muse :LOL::facepalm:

"Not because they dared cover muse or anything like that" is what I said. Can't believe that was taken as a literal statement, but it's my fault for forgetting this is internet world and tone of voice counts for nothing ;)

Rufus Wainwright love at this place genuinely surprises me, but you know, that's cool!

It should not stop someone saying around here what they think though right; in this case, I find his music abhorrent. Ha that's too strong sorry, I just don't like it ;)

It's really fun when it's not taken seriously at all

I guess that's why my descriptor for it is "ridiculous". :LOL:

But are we supposed to take it seriously? :unsure:

I know lots of people are saying, "Keep listening. It will grow on you and you'll learn to love it." --- And I WANT to. I really, really do. But then I consider, "Did I need to listen to Stockholm Syndrome over and over before I liked it?" And the answer is "No fucking way!" The first time I heard SS, I needed to grapple to find all the missing pieces of my face that had just been blown off!! And the first time I sat down and listened to OOS from start to finish, I was left in a strange sort of shock for DAYS. It fried my brain it was so good.

I guess I'm a "first impression" sort of person. :LOL:

I normally need to let things sink in a bit, but Survival grabbed me straight away to be honest. My two favourite bands being Radiohead and Muse I've always thought that for Radiohead it takes time to appreciate the subtleties and small changes in their songs, and for Muse it takes time to become accustomed to how absurd and in-your-face half the songs are.

I know lots of people are saying, "Keep listening. It will grow on you and you'll learn to love it." --- And I WANT to. I really, really do. But then I consider, "Did I need to listen to Stockholm Syndrome over and over before I liked it?" And the answer is "No fucking way!" The first time I heard SS, I needed to grapple to find all the missing pieces of my face that had just been blown off!! And the first time I sat down and listened to OOS from start to finish, I was left in a strange sort of shock for DAYS. It fried my brain it was so good.

This doesn't happen with every song, though. I hated Micro Cuts the first few times I heard it but now I love it. Some Muse songs just take a bit more perseverance than others.

To be fair, Survival does flow into NSC very well :chuckle:

No :'(

Speaking of flows, I'm sure that live Survival will lead to lots of riffage, since we can be 99% sure (and lucky) that final falsetto won't be sung. Maybe only at the Olympics closing ceremony

But that means that you'll never really get into anything that's outside of your comfort zone, you'll miss out on a lot of good music.

Archived