How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Sadly, I think this is total and utter bilge. :(

Just another track to add to the Muse queen tribute parody band they've become post 2009.

Sad, because I literally worshipped at the feet of this band. Time to accept their musical style no longer matches my taste and move on I guess?

Sadly, I think this is total and utter bilge. :(

Just another track to add to the Muse queen tribute parody band they've become post 2009.

Sad, because I literally worshipped at the feet of this band. Time to accept their musical style no longer matches my taste and move on I guess?

I'd wait until that album, most singles aren't usually that good...

To be honest, when I first heard the track, I was laughing all the way through. It was Muse, going so over the top and cheesy, it suddenly becomes fun. :LOL:

Yeah, I do cringe at the lyrics 'cause I was expecting more depth to it, especially considering it being the main theme for the Olympics. I don't think we'll be seeing the audience (aside from Musers) chanting the lyrics to this song though. I think some might even attempt to cover their ears.

Still, a little refreshing after NSC. :happy:

I absolutely hate it. Like many others I wish MUSE would go back to producing stuff like the classics that they are clearly more than capable of. MUSE have done this all before in the last album and I think it's time to move on rather than take it to even more ridiculous levels. Hopefully the rest of the album will show something solid anyway.

Shame they aren't.

I like the song, but I gotta say, most of their lyrics are better then this.

As cool as this song is when you get into it (the guitar solo's are incredible),the trailer had me much more excited. It showed a new, interesting take on the classical side, and a huge progression on the rock band side. This just feels like more of The Resistance, but heavier.

I'd wait until that album, most singles aren't usually that good...

Oh i'll give the album a chance, expectations have hit rock bottom so it may well surprise.

To be honest, when I first heard the track, I was laughing all the way through.

This is my point, I used to listen to new Muse tracks and say to myself 'Holy F*ck!'

For the past 3 years i've sat there and thought 'WTF?'

I absolutely hate it. Like many others I wish MUSE would go back to producing stuff like the classics that they are clearly more than capable of. MUSE have done this all before in the last album and I think it's time to move on rather than take it to even more ridiculous levels. Hopefully the rest of the album will show something solid anyway.

The 2nd Law won't be Origin of Symmetry II or Absolution II.

Lindsay-Lohan-deal-with-it.gif

For some reason I thought I was listening to Mika (The "Grace Kelly" guy) when I first heard the intro, it's a bit campy, but I love when it gets into the riffage. Overall it reminds me of Apocalypse Please mashed up with USoE. Dramatic and cool. I'm excited to hear the rest of the album, and to see this live.

This is a shame but hopefully they can produce something at least half as good. But this is not it.

Why's it a shame? I'd be disappointed if they just copied what they'd done before

The only thing that'll really disappoint me is if the entire album just consists of them not taking themselves seriously.. Which is a possibility

I like the song, but I gotta say, most of their lyrics are better then this.

As cool as this song is when you get into it (the guitar solo's are incredible),the trailer had me much more excited. It showed a new, interesting take on the classical side, and a huge progression on the rock band side. This just feels like more of The Resistance, but heavier.

Find 60-70 songs out of the about 110 they made which have clearly better lyrics than this one. Muse lyrics overall are very overrated.

Find 60-70 songs out of the about 110 they made which have clearly better lyrics than this one. Muse lyrics overall are very overrated.

They might not be great lyrics, but the point is that they usually fit in with the song... The lyrics in the first part of Survival reaaaally don't

I'm pretty sure the album songs will be a little more serious than this :LOL:

I hope so. When these guys aren't taking the piss, they're amazing. There's a reason so many people love their earlier stuff, they were actually creating personal music, as in writing about stuff that mattered to them in one way or another. In The Resistance it felt like they had all these cool ideas, but didn't really have enough interest to go beyond that. Here, of course...

This is a shame but hopefully they can produce something at least half as good. But this is not it.

No it's not a shame, everybody should be happy they're not copying themselves. That would be a shame.

(inb4 US having New Born riff and inb4 they're copying Queen)

I really hope so. :LOL:

Can't imagine the lyrical content if they aren't. :eek:

Oh it will. I can understand these being OTT because of the nature of the Olympics, but they're not quite stupid enough to make a pisstake album, that's Tenacious D's job only.

I hope

Every Muse song has better lyrics, no exceptions.

"I have played in every toilet but you still want to spoil it"

is still better than

"Race, it's a race and I'm gonna win"

Why's it a shame? I'd be disappointed if they just copied what they'd done before

The only thing that'll really disappoint me is if the entire album just consists of them not taking themselves seriously.. Which is a possibility

Obviously not copy but produce similar stuff that is just as incredible. Just for me they've not produced anything incredible since Absolution. Black holes had a couple of really good songs but not quite as good, Resistance was even more different which is okay I guess but for my tastes I would say there's not really anything anything that can get anywhere near Absolution of Origin. Although I think it's possible there could be some good heavy songs on here and I'm interested the hear the dubsteppy stuff like unsustainable.

Archived