How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I'm pretty sure the song was recorded and produced for the movie (which is something you're getting at). But the song itself was written before the movie and just taken because it seemed fitting.

I agree, I'm also pretty sure this is the case.

In the other hand, if Unsustainable is the last 30s song of the trailer, I really doubt is Olympics related...

And the guy wasn't even sure about the name of it.

I would considerer it a possibility ;)

But he mimicked the robot voice from the trailer when he announced the name, heavily hinting that they are the same song :erm: It's not actually been confirmed that it's for the Olympics.

How do you know this?

Anyway exciting. :D I hope the first play is tomorrow because otherwise I will be on a plane.

Have you ever watched any interviews of Matt?

He's confused all the time, and mixing things in his head...

Even Dom says in this interview that Matt is confusing

Wasn't it only in the film for about 30 seconds and very much in the background? I found that quite lulzy.

That's about the average lifespan it had on setlists and radio play as well. I sense a theme here....hmm. Oh yeah, probably because it's shit.

I find it odd that there's been no advertisement for it on iTunes or anywhere really :erm: No pre-ordering or previews, they're just gonna release it.

Edit: Also, just realised I'm gonna be at my prom by the time it gets aired :supersad: I might be a proper unsociable bastard and just stay on the radio on my iPod 'til I hear it :chuckle:

I find it odd that there's been no advertisement for it on iTunes or anywhere really :erm: No pre-ordering or previews, they're just gonna release it.

That is a bit strange...

But they won't make that much out of selling this single... the album has to sell good..

The single is to make new fans, so a free download might be the best thing to do perhaps?

Is it getting released or just aired?

Too many things being flung around

They've been incredibly vague about a lot concerning this album honestly. We still technically don't even know the artwork and track listing, and now a single will be played tomorrow.

Is it getting released or just aired?

Too many things being flung around

Ah, good point, I thought they might just release it when it gets aired but there's a good chance Radio 1 has some kind of exclusivity for it and it'll be released a few days later.

I think you'll find it's just getting it's first play, not being released.

Ah, good point, I thought they might just release it when it gets aired but there's a good chance Radio 1 has some kind of exclusivity for it and it'll be released a few days later.

Zane will probably premiere it wednesday at 19:30, and then the single will be released on thursday

But he mimicked the robot voice from the trailer when he announced the name, heavily hinting that they are the same song :erm: It's not actually been confirmed that it's for the Olympics.

That proves he saw the trailer :p

I can only see one of this alternatives being right, or the track is not for the Olympics or the DJ messed be thinking it will be Unsustainable just because he herd on the trailer.

But, as a professional (the DJ) on a radio broadcaster we have to believe the DJ knows what he is saying...

I'd prefer to see the track as an Olympics exclusive, just because they might have made it focusing to much on the OG regardless the album point of view.

That proves he saw the trailer :p

Or the track is not for the Olympics or the DJ messed be thinking it will be Unsustainable just because the herd on the trailer. I cant see both infos being right.

But, as a professional at radio broadcaster we have to believe he knows what he's saying...

Maybe I'd prefer to be an Olympics exclusive, just because they might have made the track thinking on it and not from The 2nd Law's point of view.

I don't even...what?

I'm pretty sure the song was recorded and produced for the movie (which is something you're getting at). But the song itself was written before the movie and just taken because it seemed fitting.

Isn't that pretty much what I said :erm:

The guy on the radio sounded like he presumes its unsustainable just becuase he has heard it in the trailer. Hence why he was saying it in that way. But maybe he does have inside info, who knows :happy:

Archived