How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

The more i listen to it the more i'm digging it. Already experiencing light, satisfided headbanging.. excpecting some falsettos out of my mouth by the evening..

The thing is, though, the lyrics are too cheesy to actually sing out loud.. i can't pull them off.

I think that the ending would have perfect just with the choir "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT WIN WIN WIN", instead of that falsetto "yes I'm gonna wiiiiiiiin"

I feel like if there was any part that was done without seriousness for the sake of theatrics, it was that last note.

And I can't understand the fuss with the lyrics. Average Muse lyrics suck, these are no different. Along the lines of "No one's gonna take me alive, time has come to make things right", "Hold you in my arms, I just wanted to hold you in my arms" or "when the zetas fill the sky", "Race, Life’s a race, And I’m gonna win, Yes, I’m gonna win" is not that worse. Few Muse lyrics are actually good, most of them are nothing special.

What do you mean by "totally different"? Lyrics or also music?

Good, it could work. Unsustainable (now that it's a whole track along with Supremacy) would be even better, though.

i was thinking both.. changing the lyrics to perhaps suit the new album and not the Olympics (ditching the i must win win fight win stuff) and maybe changing the piano for something more synth like..

And I can't understand the fuss with the lyrics. Average Muse lyrics suck, these are no different. Along the lines of "No one's gonna take me alive, time has come to make things right", "Hold you in my arms, I just wanted to hold you in my arms" or "when the zetas fill the sky", "Race, Life’s a race, And I’m gonna win, Yes, I’m gonna win" is not that worse. Few Muse lyrics are actually good, most of them are nothing special.

I think though you've only quoted from BHaR, we had some brilliant lyrics from Showbiz, OoS and Absolution.

In BHaR and the Resistance there were some brilliant moments - Hoodoo is fantastic, Map is quite good. To be honest, I dont see the fuss against the lyrics of UD, the chorus isn't as bland as say some of the rest of the album. Uprising fits perfectly well and has some great moments.

I think us as Muse songs are too critical of lyrics, and we often forget the couple of brilliant lines hidden away amongst songs. The final lines of Falling Down are fantastic for example...

I still like the 30 second clip with the video. If that's the only thing they'll blast during the ceremony I'm fine with it.

Yeah, I bet the song in full won't be played that much through the OG (probably for the best). They usually just play the chorus and for that purpose, this song ain't that bad. It's pretty catchy and well-made in the middle of that mess.

I respectfully disagree.

Archived