How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Maybe the track is just for Olympics and is not part of the album. That could explain the lack of "hype" from Muse themselves...

Considering the DJ on Radio 1 said it was called 'Unsustainable' which was a track in the album trailer and on the whiteboard of songs for the album, I'd say it will be on the album.

Concerning the fact that tomorrow is the 27th and the Olympics will start exactly a month after, I would suppose to be true that this single is related to that event.

And I don't think it will be Unsustainable, as far as I can see a song like the one we had a hint in the trailer played during the Olympics :LOL:

Neutron Star Collision? Umm...

Edit: yes I know Matt wrote it about his ex and had nothing to do with Twilight but I am pretty sure they wrote it FOR Twilight

Hannah, I like you.

So please don't say anything else to change that.

:erm:

I think he actually likes you.

What I meant was, they wrote the song without meaning to connect it to Twilight in any way. But they were probably asked for a song for the film so released it at the time of the film, with that album art work etc. :unsure:

What I meant was, they wrote the song without meaning to connect it to Twilight in any way. But they were probably asked for a song for the film so released it at the time of the film, with that album art work etc. :unsure:

Your opinion just seems to change in every post but this must be your final say? :chuckle:

I'm pretty sure the song was recorded and produced for the movie (which is something you're getting at). But the song itself was written before the movie and just taken because it seemed fitting.

Considering the DJ on Radio 1 said it was called 'Unsustainable' which was a track in the album trailer and on the whiteboard of songs for the album, I'd say it will be on the album.

In the other hand, if Unsustainable is the last 30s song of the trailer, I really doubt is Olympics related...

And the guy wasn't even sure about the name of it.

I would considerer it a possibility ;)

Archived