The orchestral bit

Knowing that it's just one song in the trailer now, it seems odd that the sheet music that matched the orchestral part was titled 'Supremacy'. Why would they do that if it's the same song as Unsustainable? Unless (and this is gonna sound very speculative and possibly quite silly but) Unsustainable isn't a song title and it was a section on the whiteboard because it was radically different to the orchestral section/rest of the song so they were gonna record it at a different time.

That's what I thought too. Seems a bit weird but Matt did talk about it as if it was one song in the interview, and I guess that's got to be the case.

Knowing that it's just one song in the trailer now, it seems odd that the sheet music that matched the orchestral part was titled 'Supremacy'. Why would they do that if it's the same song as Unsustainable? Unless (and this is gonna sound very speculative and possibly quite silly but) Unsustainable isn't a song title and it was a separate section on the whiteboard because it was radically different to the orchestral section/rest of the song so they were gonna record it at a different time.

That is very likely.

Knowing that it's just one song in the trailer now, it seems odd that the sheet music that matched the orchestral part was titled 'Supremacy'. Why would they do that if it's the same song as Unsustainable? Unless (and this is gonna sound very speculative and possibly quite silly but) Unsustainable isn't a song title and it was a separate section on the whiteboard because it was radically different to the orchestral section/rest of the song so they were gonna record it at a different time.

Or maybe the song just isn't called Unsustainable.

Or maybe, like I've tried to explain countless times, the sheet music in the background to this site, and the music in the trailer, is NOT supremacy....

I don't understand why people are all so convinced that the two parts of the trailer are just one song. All Matt says in the interview is that there's only one song that sounds "dubstep" like that. Nowhere am I hearing him actually say that all the music in the trailer is part of a single song. :erm:

I don't understand why people are all so convinced that the two parts of the trailer are just one song. All Matt says in the interview is that there's only one song that sounds "dubstep" like that. Nowhere am I hearing him actually say that all the music in the trailer is part of a single song. :erm:

"We did that, we did a little trailer thing, uh, which is uh, went on Youtube, didn't it yeah? It's like um…It was like an excerpt of one of the tracks on the album."

edit: whoops, didn't see your post, Niall.

I still don't really see that as solid confirmation, though I did miss that part of the interview the first time. It might have just been a slight slip up since everyone has been referring to just the "dubstep" part. It very likely could be one track, and the synth buildup does provide some evidence of that, but I don't think we can really know for sure at this point. I was hoping there were 2 separate songs there, because would've liked to hear the orchestral part with vocals and the rest of the band joining in. :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

All I want from life is this orchestral bit to be the intro to the concert, with them behind the curtains, and when the bass drops so do the curtains.

My god all of the emotions that would hit me seeing that live.

I thought I would see how long all the music from the sheet music would take to try and see if the orchestral part is a different song from the dubstep or not but unfortunatley the results weren't extremely conclusive. :(

the tempo of the strings is roughly 130 bpm (beats ber minute). and there are 44 bars visible (with 4 beats each) from the sheet music so if those 3 pages were all there was to the orchestral bit that would be 176 beats which divided by 130 bpm is about 1 and half minutes. so those 3 pages are most likely all of the strings that are included in the trailer.

but...it looks like maybe the page folds over and continues for a few pages and it wouldn't make much sense for the strings to just have a bunch of pages of sheet music where they don't do anything for the "dubstep" part.

I was more intrigued by the bass, drum and guitar riffage in the trailer than the strings. Hell, even the prelude to Survival does nothing for me. I do however love the instrument wanking that goes on in that song, though.

I'm personally hoping that this album will be more heavier in terms of guitar, bass and drum sounds over more orchestral string arrangements that could fit in a Steven Spielberg movie.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I so hope there is more of the orchestral bit. I think it is very beautiful, and makes me feel emotional, but on the trailer it is much too short, so I hope the trailer is just an excerpt.

I also hope they bring in an orchestra this time. I think they will do the dubstep bit live, but obviously they can't do the orchestral bit. It could easily build to a rock piece, as yet unheard, that they could perform though.

I think Matt has taken influences from his involvement in writing for movies. It does remind me a little of the piece he was involved in for The International. It may have given him greater expertise. I think he mentioned that he had learnt a lot from the experience.

Someone already must have typed something like this before..

But I think the orchestral bit and the last part are completely different songs. Supremacy and Unsustainable. They might have just merged it up for the trailer.. that's all. I mean I dunno. I could be wrong. It just feels like that

Archived