The orchestral bit

With all this talk about dubstep nobody seems notice the music in the first 90 seconds of the new album trailer.

Is it on the album?

Is it part of Unsustainable or a different song?

Why is everybody focussing on dubstep when the trailer hints more at (another) album full of classical/john williams/movie-score influences.

It sounds like the strings in the the trailer are mimicking a guitar riff that might kick in later in the song. The vocals are really recorded this time, rather than lifted from some music library and overall it seems more together and original than most of Exogenesis, because it's lacking the overdone and repetitive arpeggios, as well as any of Matt's piano playing.

Anyway, discuss, what are your expectations for the orchestral/classically influenced bits and bobs on the new album?

Well to me it definitely sounds a lot different than a lot of the arrangements they've done in the past. When the voice kicks in and the big heavy chords come in I'm getting the big theatrical feeling I actually expected on The Resistance, with the prominence. The merging with the electronic parts, and how it sounds like a later guitar riff, makes me think they'll really do a good job on mixing the orchestra with the rest of the band a lot better this time.

I've heard a lot of people talking about how much better quality the orchestra and strings sound, production and recording wise. It does sound different from their other arrangements, but then again there is a huge variety of orchestral sections from their songs and they usually are pretty unique.

Personally, I think it sounds great and I am ridiculously excited about the album!

Yay! :LOL:

Knowing that it's just one song in the trailer now, it seems odd that the sheet music that matched the orchestral part was titled 'Supremacy'. Why would they do that if it's the same song as Unsustainable? Unless (and this is gonna sound very speculative and possibly quite silly but) Unsustainable isn't a song title and it was a separate section on the whiteboard because it was radically different to the orchestral section/rest of the song so they were gonna record it at a different time.

Archived