MopManMuse

^ same. Although Muse have always been playing safe setlists that have their most successful songs in them. I wish they'd play songs that work live instead of the songs that get played in the radio a lot.

And then you have the songs that do neither of these things, such as GL and most notably UD, which was a complete failure in every sense. And yet they were regulars in the setlist, with UD being played at every gig.

I'm still hoping the Resistance tour was an outlier because the Absolution and Black Holes European tours had longer sets (though not by much). I'm hoping they return to 18-20, I think more than 20 songs a gig for arenas just isn't going to happen.

Black Holes tour got a bit shorter and less varied around 2007, but 2008 made up for it with Fury, Dead Star, Space Dementia, Bliss, etc. thrown in there.

The Resistance Tour, if you don't count the stadium gigs, seemed to get progressively shorter with the US 2011 gigs being at around 13 actual songs.

I can still hear Matt faintly though. I think the crowd was just really loud.

You already know they won't.

Damn straight. I could probably predict 17-18 songs that wil be the set for the first tour gigs.

Showbiz: Nothing, but if short of mellow numbers, Unintended.

Origin: Plug in Baby, Feeling Good

Absolution: Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome

Black Holes: Starlight, Supermassive, Knights

Resistance: Uprising, Undisclosed, Resistance

New Album: Survival, Madness, Unsustainable + 3 others (One will be a slow ballad).

They might drop Feeling Good, Stockholm Syndrome and Resistance for some different songs from the same album but I find it unlikely that they will.

EDIT: New Born will be rotated in rarely, as will Map of the Problematique, USoE and one of either MK Ultra or Unnatural Selection, but with the last two, it's optimistic.

Damn straight. I could probably predict 17-18 songs that wil be the set for the first tour gigs.

Showbiz: Nothing, but if short of mellow numbers, Unintended.

Origin: Plug in Baby, Feeling Good

Absolution: Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome

Black Holes: Starlight, Supermassive, Knights

Resistance: Uprising, Undisclosed, Resistance

New Album: Survival, Madness, Unsustainable + 3 others (One will be a slow ballad).

They might drop Feeling Good, Stockholm Syndrome and Resistance for some different songs from the same album but I find it unlikely that they will.

EDIT: New Born will be rotated in rarely, as will Map of the Problematique, USoE and one of either MK Ultra or Unnatural Selection, but with the last two, it's optimistic.

Not so sure about New Born, except at L/R the band seemed so sick of it.

Showbiz: Sunburn rarely, Showbiz and Muscle Museum might surface like Cave did in TR tour.

Origin: Plug In Baby will be a staple, Bliss and Citizen will be played rarely, Feeling Good might surface sometimes

Absolution: Hysteria and Stockholm staple, TiRO will rotate (I hope it gets dropped forever, though), B&H and RbS will be played rarely, Apocalypse, TsP and SfAmight surface in 2013

Black Holes: Starlight (sigh), Supermassive and Knights (please not as a closer) staple, MoTP will rotate, TaB will be played rarely, Invincible and/or Assassin and/or City of Delusion might come back in special occasions

The Resistance: Uprising and Resistance staple, USoE, MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection will rotate. Overture could be played every once in a while.

The 2nd Law: Survival, Madness, Unsustainable, Supremacy, (Panic Station?) and one/two others.

They need a 20 songs arena setlist, to make a good show. Not impossible, but it's still Muse..

Well both were played during BHAR tour for a while so maybe they'll bring back both.

I still prefer Muscle Museum :phu:

They only played Muscle Museum twice on the BHAR Tour though and both of those times were because Tom asked them to. As much as I'd prefer and love Muscle Museum to be played, I'd say it's more likely to be Showbiz.

Archived