MopManMuse

I just hope they tailor the sets (i.e. the old songs) to the new album's vibe. It's something Muse have always failed to do and it really jarrs live.

Yep. It's a shame, the way Muse have made music means they should be able to have endless creativity with their setlists whilst still getting them to work. I'm always brimming with ideas about the way they could create and structure their shows differently.

But at the end of the day you can tell it'll end up being the same old 7-8 new songs +

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

FEELING GOOD :awesome:

Resistance

Starlight

Undisclosed Desires

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia

Easy expectations to beat Muse. Please do it.

Yep. It's a shame, the way Muse have made music means they should be able to have endless creativity with their setlists whilst still getting them to work. I'm always brimming with ideas about the way they could create and structure their shows differently.

But at the end of the day you can tell it'll end up being the same old 7-8 new songs +

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

FEELING GOOD :awesome:

Resistance

Starlight

Undisclosed Desires

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia

Easy expectations to beat Muse. Please do it.

Speculation on future gigs/tours all over again :chuckle:

But UD won't stay, imho. It was too bad live, even for Muse.

what are the chances of them playing Citizen Erased or MoTP this tour?

Higher for MoTP than for CE. In percentage, I think MoTP will be played 50-75% of the times, CE will surface 10-25% of the times

edit: uhm, maybe 75% is high. Yeah, I'd say MOTP will be played half of the times

Speculation on future gigs/tours all over again :chuckle:

But UD won't stay, imho. It was too bad live, even for Muse.

Yet they chose to play it at Reading and Leeds, classing it with the rest of the 'Greatest Hits' after The Resistance Tour was over. :(

Yet they chose to play it at Reading and Leeds, classing it with the rest of the 'Greatest Hits' after The Resistance Tour was over. :(

They had played it every concert beforehand. What made people think they wouldn't bring it out for R/L :LOL:

I think it's likely that songs of OoS which worked well @ Leed/Reading (such as Space Dementia, Hyper Music etc) remain in the setlist, cuz they did such an amazing work to bring them back to life and it worked so well so it would be a shame not to keep them playin..

Muscle Museum and Showbiz worked incredibly well live as well but look what happened to them. Leeds/Reading was sort of a way of saying "There, happy now?" so they could finally lay those songs to rest. Although I would love Hyper Music and Dark Shines to stay, Muse simply don't play songs like those anymore.

Leeds/Reading was sort of a way of saying "There, happy now?" so they could finally lay those songs to rest.

Pretty much. That's what the whole "drawing a line at OoS" was about. They'd bring out the songs live to make it clear they were giving it a sendoff

:'(

They need to stop doing greatest hits tours and actually do album tours.

In this I mean a good mix of songs, not just the album's singles and 2 of the album tracks that the fans want to hear, plus the singles everyone knows. These small arena shows are perfect for rotating 2-3 rarities, I remember that we got Cave at the O2 last year, and I'd love to see an intergration of some older songs from before 2006 in the mix.

Yeah, I still believe they were at their best with a more stripped stage, say the Black Holes tour with the egg drum riser. Plus if they looked at how they structure putting on the support act they could have more time for more songs.

I'd love to see even some older singles come back regularly, say Sing for Absolution, Invincible, B&H, Apocalypse Please and Sunburn.

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Uno, Dead Star, In Your World, The Groove, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Apocalypse Please, The Small Print, Ruled By Secrecy, Take A Bow, MOTP, MK Ultra...

90% of this will never happen.

These will probably happen. Take a Bow, MOTP, MK Ultra especially.

I think they are too good a band and too early into their career to be doing greatest hit setlists. When U2 does it people understand why. A band late in their career where many people are familiar only with singles but Muse shouldn't be doing it.

I think they are too good a band and too early into their career to be doing greatest hit setlists. When U2 does it people understand why. A band late in their career where many people are familiar only with singles but Muse shouldn't be doing it.

You're back :awesome:

Muse playing old songs (the good ones anyway) is a laughable idea now. They should do it, but they have no reason to when thousands and thousands of people are happy with mediocre gigs as long as they get to hear Uprising, SMBH or whatever only song they've heard.

Muse playing old songs (the good ones anyway) is a laughable idea now. They should do it, but they have no reason to when thousands and thousands of people are happy with mediocre gigs as long as they get to hear Uprising, SMBH or whatever only song they've heard.

I agree with you about them not really having much motivation to play old songs for the reasons you've said, but I think you're being a bit unfair. They do play old songs really, but they play the same ones over and over for loads of gigs in a row, and completely neglect others. For example, in 2011 they played Citizen Erased loads, but it was pretty much that or Butterflies & Hurricanes with no other options for the majority of gigs.

The main problem for me is the sets are too short. I'm really hoping for a mimimum of 18 songs per gig on the upcoming European tour.

I agree with you about them not really having much motivation to play old songs for the reasons you've said, but I think you're being a bit unfair. They do play old songs really, but they play the same ones over and over for loads of gigs in a row, and completely neglect others. For example, in 2011 they played Citizen Erased loads, but it was pretty much that or Butterflies & Hurricanes with no other options for the majority of gigs.

The main problem for me is the sets are too short. I'm really hoping for a mimimum of 18 songs per gig on the upcoming European tour.

It's the lack of balls as well as the short setlists that annoy me. CE and B&H are both fantastic live, but they were regulars on the two previous tours as well.

I'm still hoping the Resistance tour was an outlier because the Absolution and Black Holes European tours had longer sets (though not by much). I'm hoping they return to 18-20, I think more than 20 songs a gig for arenas just isn't going to happen.

Archived