Muse Member Ticket Application

Sam Sparrow

Indeed.

For anyone who hasn't read it, this is a really interesting article.

Interesting read and quite disappointed that some artists and their management support this.

For those who haven't seen the despatches programme about the ticket scnadal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJyQ0FuMsv4

The other parts are on youtube if you want to watch the entire programme.

If I'm ever in a successful band then I'd use the ID system for sure. And message anyone from the home country on the message board saying "sign up for tickets here" without announcing the gig, so the fans get there first. Then touts dont even know they can buy it. After a day they should announce the gigs and let everyone else buy the remaining tickets in the general sale.

If I'm ever in a successful band then I'd use the ID system for sure. And message anyone from the home country on the message board saying "sign up for tickets here" without announcing the gig, so the fans get there first. Then touts dont even know they can buy it. After a day they should announce the gigs and let everyone else buy the remaining tickets in the general sale.

That would be the honest and decent thing to do but bands who are scared they can't sell out venues wouldn't dare do it.

But if they put the remaining tickets on sale in the mainsale they wont lose anything?

If they didn't have the deals with the big ticket agencies, they wouldn't have that safety net that ensures they sell all the tickets, or that they sell so fast. Maybe getting all the money in at once is something they love too. Makes sense.

It'd be interesting to see how many gigs sold out and how fast, if the tickets were simply sold straight to the fans with no large numbers sold to agencies.

Not to dismiss anyone else's experiences, there have obviously been some big problems, but just want to add that, for me, it was a reasonably stress-free experience.

I wasn't successful in the lottery, though it felt a lot easier and fairer applying in that way, rather than the normal first come first served process. In the presale I was able to get seats within a few minutes, though I haven't been able to get any standing tickets.

So just want to say thank you to Muse Management for at least trying to cater for fans (even if, as in this case, it hasn't worked too well for everyone) and for your consideration in listening and taking into account the feedback.

Not to dismiss anyone else's experiences, there have obviously been some big problems, but just want to add that, for me, it was a reasonably stress-free experience.

I wasn't successful in the lottery, though it felt a lot easier and fairer applying in that way, rather than the normal first come first served process. In the presale I was able to get seats within a few minutes, though I haven't been able to get any standing tickets.

So just want to say thank you to Muse Management for at least trying to cater for fans (even if, as in this case, it hasn't worked too well for everyone) and for your consideration in listening and taking into account the feedback.

So you recommend that they apply this type of pre-sale in future, as it was so fair and stres- free in your experience?

Personally, I find the 'first come, first served' pre-sale to be fairer, far more straightforward and less prolonged and stressful.

Guest Batman.
If they didn't have the deals with the big ticket agencies, they wouldn't have that safety net that ensures they sell all the tickets, or that they sell so fast. Maybe getting all the money in at once is something they love too. Makes sense.

It'd be interesting to see how many gigs sold out and how fast, if the tickets were simply sold straight to the fans with no large numbers sold to agencies.

I think Muse would probably be able to sell out this tour by themselves, maybe even at these prices. I think they'd definitely be able to do it if ticket prices were reasonable (Around £35-40).

So you recommend that they apply this type of pre-sale in future, as it was so fair and stres- free in your experience?

Personally I find the 'first come, first served' pre-sale to be fairer, far more straightforward and less prolonged and stressful.

I hope that they can find a system which works for everyone. I can see that there have been problems, but I can only talk about my own experience which felt fairly easy, compared to extremely stressful experiences I have had in the past attempting to buy tickets for other artists.

If the lottery system worked properly then I think it is a good way for fans who can't get to the computer on the day of the sale to, at least, have a chance. It isn't hard filling in the application. Of course that only works if people's money is returned when it should be.

I think the main issue was over standing tickets.

I think Muse would probably be able to sell out this tour by themselves, maybe even at these prices. I think they'd definitely be able to do it if ticket prices were reasonable (Around £35-40).

I don't think they'd have to drop ticket prices. They're one of the best live bands around, if not 'the' best in many people's eyes. If Glasto and Radiohead can sell out tours by applying stricter/anti-tout methods, I'm sure Muse can too.

Found the email about the Teignmouth pre-sale from 2009:

Following the muse.mu member ticket pre-sale this morning, we are now pleased to confirm that there will be a Muse email list 24 hour pre-sale for the two shows at The Den, Teignmouth on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th September.

This pre-sale will commence at 09:00 on Thursday 20th August. To access the pre-sale simply click on the link below. This pre-sale does not require a muse.mu username or unique code.

http://www.gigsandtours.com/?s=muse&site=muse

Tickets will be £37.50 plus booking fee and postage. and will be limited to 4 per order.

This one worked well. It wasn't in the evening though...dunno where I got that idea from.

I've never understood why eBay (etc) do nothing about this? Is there a loop hole that allows touting to continue?

Touting is good for Ebay, they get a cut of the profits so why would they want to stop it? It's up to the buyers/us to stop it by boycotting rip-off tickets. They're/we're the ones with the power.

Interesting read and quite disappointed that some artists and their management support this.

For those who haven't seen the despatches programme about the ticket scnadal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJyQ0FuMsv4

The other parts are on youtube if you want to watch the entire programme.

:( Ugh. Yeah. People saying that the artist shouldn't be to blame/they don't know about ticketing, scalping, etc., they do know! It's up to them if they turn a blind eye to it all or how much they really care to get involved.

Trent Reznor explained it it here too. He's one of the few artists that I trust to give as many tickets directly to the fans as possible. And their printed ticket/ID check thing for presales worked rather well. But there's no extra money in that system to find appealing to some management/promotions groups. :noey:

this was the most stupid presale ever. The last few for Wembley were much better.You need to know if you get tickets straight away not all this waiting over night for an email. Mine was unsuccessful and went into junk mail at 4am. The second presale was slightly better as got some tickets for sat but not standing. There must be a much better way to do it to stop them going straight on ebay

Guest Batman.

I personally think it should be illegal to sell tickets for any event above face value. Isn't it already that way for football tickets?

Anyway, this whole thing was terrible.

Firstly the application process wasn't well thought through - it didn't stop touts at all, and it just made life stressful for real fans who were waiting for their emails for longer than they should have been.

Secondly, the second presale wasn't too great either, were there only about ten tickets? Hardly anyone I know got tickets in the gigsandtours presale.

Thirdly, the general sale was a disaster. Most people didn't even get standing tickets as an option? Also, tickets were again far too difficult to get - yet thousands of tickets went to touts. We need a system similar to Radiohead.

Also, I actually managed to get a standing ticket for Manchester on hold at ticketmaster (Which seems ridiculously lucky, looking at what everyone else managed), but due to the fiasco with the application process, the funds hadn't been returned to the card I was using on time, and therefore the card couldn't be verified. So, no tickets for me.

We all appreciate the effort, but this has just been the worst experience many of us have ever had with buying tickets.

I personally think it should be illegal to sell tickets for any event above face value. Isn't it already that way for football tickets?

Anyway, this whole thing was terrible.

Firstly the application process wasn't well thought through - it didn't stop touts at all, and it just made life stressful for real fans who were waiting for their emails for longer than they should have been.

Secondly, the second presale wasn't too great either, were there only about ten tickets? Hardly anyone I know got tickets in the gigsandtours presale.

Thirdly, the general sale was a disaster. Most people didn't even get standing tickets as an option? Also, tickets were again far too difficult to get - yet thousands of tickets went to touts. We need a system similar to Radiohead.

Also, I actually managed to get a standing ticket for Manchester on hold at ticketmaster (Which seems ridiculously lucky, looking at what everyone else managed), but due to the fiasco with the application process, the funds hadn't been returned to the card I was using on time, and therefore the card couldn't be verified. So, no tickets for me.

We all appreciate the effort, but this has just been the worst experience many of us have ever had with buying tickets.

This.

Gigs are supposed to be fun and enjoyable, and this system has been the complete opposite. Sort it out next time, Muse.

On second thoughts I think the lottery system disadvantages the most committed fans so probably isn't a particularly good system, especially if people who get the tickets have so little commitment that they'd rather earn themselves a few bob than actually attend the gig.

On second thoughts I think the lottery system disadvantages the most committed fans so probably isn't a particularly good system, especially if people who get the tickets have so little commitment that they'd rather earn themselves a few bob than actually attend the gig.

The touts havent even heard the band. They make their money by doing this. It's not fans, it's corrupt organisations and criminals.

:( Ugh. Yeah. People saying that the artist shouldn't be to blame/they don't know about ticketing, scalping, etc., they do know! It's up to them if they turn a blind eye to it all or how much they really care to get involved.

Of course they know, no artist or management team can truthfully deny this, OR truthfully claim there's nothing they can do to put an end to the whole disgraceful rip-off of this industry, an industry structured to fleece music fans.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk 2

Guest Batman.

Maybe they should have a sort of 'security question' that you have to answer correctly in order to get a presale ticket.

For example, 'Which of the following songs do members of the Muse Messageboard complain about most - Knights Of Cydonia, Supermassive Black Hole, Feeling Good, Uprising, or Unintended?'

Muse fans who actually use their membership will know that pretty much everyone here has a massive hissy fit at anyone who even mentions Feeling Good.

Maybe they should have a sort of 'security question' that you have to answer correctly in order to get a presale ticket.

For example, 'Which of the following songs do members of the Muse Messageboard complain about most - Knights Of Cydonia, Supermassive Black Hole, Feeling Good, Uprising, or Unintended?'

Muse fans who actually use their membership will know that pretty much everyone here has a massive hissy fit at anyone who even mentions Feeling Good.

I see where you're coming from but the vast majority of the band's fans aren't members of .mu :)

Guest Batman.
I see where you're coming from but the vast majority of the band's fans aren't members of .mu :)

Yeah I'm talking about presale tickets, general sale should just have an ID system I think :LOL:

Archived