What made Muse famous?

Mr.Greedy

If you can't tell the difference between a famous band and a local band then I don't know what to do with you. I really don't. :p

...I'm asking where the limit for "famous" is? How many people has to recognise your name?

Then I don't really know how you can pinpoint anything, since everyone will have their own definition of fame, and that people recognise your name is relative to where you live and who you meet.

If you have an artist like Gotye, it's pretty easy to pinpoint, but Muse's fame have been growing pretty steadily since the first album.

Then I don't really know how you can pinpoint anything, since everyone will have their own definition of fame, and that people recognise your name is relative to where you live and who you meet.

If you have an artist like Gotye, it's pretty easy to pinpoint, but Muse's fame have been growing pretty steadily since the first album.

Didn't you say this a few pages ago?

What's wrong with being famous?

And this is still a silly subject, because what made them famous is STILL not a single event or song. Plug In Baby made them bigger than they were before, so did TIRO, SMBH, Uprising, Twilight, Glastonbury 2004 etc

Nothing. I have just never liked coldplay :rolleyes: and don't like the way they are always advertised and such a big fuss is made of them recently when their old music was better than the last album.

I still think muse became popular due to their live reputation. As someone said, muse are not A reeeally 'famous' band as such, but they are a huge band, due to the amount of people who see them live or hears of their live performances which invites them to explore the music and see what all the fuss is about.

Saying that the first time I heard muse was on trigger happy tv, unintended was playing whilst Dom Joly dressed as a snail slid across a zebra crossing

Nothing. I have just never liked coldplay :rolleyes: and don't like the way they are always advertised and such a big fuss is made of them recently when their old music was better than the last album.

I think I can see where you're coming from here. I like coldplay, and I don't think there's anything wrong with bands being famous. But I hate the fact that they're now so mainstream that they're getting associated with people like Rihanna or Justin Bieber. I mean just look at the rest of the lineup for the Capital FM Summertime Ball :vomit:

I just pray that the same thing never happens to Muse.... :eek:

Didn't you say this a few pages ago?

Yes.

It depends on what music they make in the future, too. Coldplay made the poppiest album they could ever make, so this mainstream-ness has been just a natural consequence.
Coldplay have been straight forward pop since the first album though.

Not where I live. Half my school have never heard of them

I'm very similar, but I get the feeling almost everyone would recognize the Starlight piano or Uprising's drum and bass if played.

At least from my experience, they haven't gotten nearly the popularity as Coldplay, but they have been pretty advertised and the new stuff vs. old stuff should go without saying.

I'm very similar, but I get the feeling almost everyone would recognize the Starlight piano or Uprising's drum and bass if played.

At least from my experience, they haven't gotten nearly the popularity as Coldplay, but they have been pretty advertised and the new stuff vs. old stuff should go without saying.

I've never heard muse on edinburghs 2 most popular mainstream radio stations, I hear Coldplay all the time. I think uprising must have been on once or twice because I didn't know of muse then but I remember recognising uprising when I heard it in a shop

This really boggles me as, being American, I know more people that love Muse than not, and have even been approached by random strangers if I wear a Muse shirts declaring their love for them, and supposedly it's in my country they're unknown. :erm: And a lot of people I know have known them since Origin or Abso.

So at least from what I've seen, Muse's popularity have spread mostly through word of mouth and there really never seemed to be a point where they just suddenly got bigger.

This really boggles me as, being American, I know more people that love Muse than not, and have even been approached by random strangers if I wear a Muse shirts declaring their love for them, and supposedly it's in my country they're unknown. :erm: And a lot of people I know have known them since Origin or Abso.

That's very strange. I think that's the first time I've heard of a fanbase that big in the US that's not at an actual gig.

Archived