I actually agree with quite a bit of what the reviewer says, although it's easy to see why his opinions annoy board members here. :LOL: Not commenting on the prog aspect, as I know jack about prog, but general comments. Muscle Museum is the clear best song off Showbiz, Citizen Erased is (among) their very best songs, Hyper Music is annoying (and bizarrely overrated), Absolution's first half is superior to the latter, BH&R, all things considered, just might be their best album. Not a filler-free album though. But I disagree with his picks for the best songs off The Resistance. And I would give more credit to OOS overall. My opinion, etc. :)

It would be if it wasn't for that disgusting "It could be wrong" part.

I should have been more clear. He said that Resistance is one of two songs that are good off of TR (the other being USoE). I found it funny that he ranked Resistance over some other songs...

It's not a bad song. It's just mediocre-ish.

:LOL: My thoughts exactly. "Origin of Symmetry is their second best album, with BH&R being on top." or something like that. I was like, "How?"

I pretty much agree though :$. Although there is a lot with the article I disagree with, I honestly think Black Holes & Revelations is the best and most definitive Muse album with Origin of Symmetry coming in at a close second.

Depends what you're in to. I can see people preferring BHAR to OOS just as easily as I can see someone preferring Showbiz to OOS. This guy obviously loves prog music so it'd make sense that he'd like BHAR the most.

I didn't like the way he seemed to just dismiss the symphony though. Granted, he's right about the fact that it's barely a symphony but it does progress.

Archived