2012.12.11 - Saku Arena, Talinn, Estonia

L.

I love Tallinn - just booked a holiday apartment with its own sauna for £16 pppn! That's not even the price of a bed in a hostel in London :LOL:

One question for those who have been to that venue before: is there a cloakroom for people to leave their bags, coats, scarves, gloves? Don't really fancy having to carry those around.

There is one indeed, but it has rather long queues and I think it costs like an euro or two. So if you want to get to the front, skip the cloakroom. I've taken my cloak with me to the barrier and just flung it over the barrier so I can lean against something soft and warm. It can get rather chilly in Saku Suurhall, especially when the gig hasn't started yet.

There is one indeed, but it has rather long queues and I think it costs like an euro or two. So if you want to get to the front, skip the cloakroom. I've taken my cloak with me to the barrier and just flung it over the barrier so I can lean against something soft and warm. It can get rather chilly in Saku Suurhall, especially when the gig hasn't started yet.

Thanks bb! We won't probably get there until after the doors open or there about so that's why the cloakroom will be useful and it won't be a problem to queue for it. Thanks about the tip how chilly the arena is I'll make sure I wear a jumper that I can easily tie around my waist once the gig starts.

Thanks bb! We won't probably get there until after the doors open or there about so that's why the cloakroom will be useful and it won't be a problem to queue for it. Thanks about the tip how chilly the arena is I'll make sure I wear a jumper that I can easily tie around my waist once the gig starts.

I think some would argue that it's not that chilly at all, but I get cold anywhere very easily - just keep it in mind in case you're a more warm-blooded person :chuckle:

I love Tallinn - just booked a holiday apartment with its own sauna for £16 pppn! That's not even the price of a bed in a hostel in London :LOL:

One question for those who have been to that venue before: is there a cloakroom for people to leave their bags, coats, scarves, gloves? Don't really fancy having to carry those around.

Is this near the arena? If so, what is it called?

I'm coming from Australia for this gig, so I need to book accommodation - if anyone knows of a hotel near the arena, I would love to hear from them! :D

I'm coming from Australia for this gig, so I need to book accommodation - if anyone knows of a hotel near the arena, I would love to hear from them! :D

No sorry it's nowhere near the arena - not sure what hotels are close by maybe someone who lives in Tallinn can recommend a place.

No sorry it's nowhere near the arena - not sure what hotels are close by maybe someone who lives in Tallinn can recommend a place.

Ok, thanks. :)

Any Talliners know what hotels are close by the arena? I've tried searching it, but the pages don't always translate well. :rolleyes:

Hi!

I found an hotel near the Saku Arena (about 570 meters from the arena).

http://roccahotels.ee/en

The prices start at 58€ (I have no idea what the prices are at the other places!!! It's a pricey place I think :S)

There are many other hotels.. but not near the Arena! :(

Hey, I need some advice. I tried to buy two standing tickets (ticketpro.ee) but when the bank site came out, it seems totally different than my country's site. I live in Finland, so how should I pay those tickets? :unsure:

Hi!

I would help... but dunno how :S.

You select the tickets and choose your bank.. (or whatever way you want to pay). You log in to your bank and it shows you the sum you have to pay and for what it is.

I'm sorry... Maybe someone else can help???

Maybe it helps that I did some research recently about driving bus in Tallinn. And if I got it right a 1-day-ticket only costs 3€ (correct me if I'm wrong) so it doesn't matter how close it is? I found a hostel good 20minutes or so with the bus but it only was 13€ (special price, normal was 17€).In this case its a bed in a 6-persons-room but who cares :LOL:

If some of you whish I'll search that stuff again on the weekend and post more detailed about what I've found out.

Still I think the people from Estonia will know best.

Maybe it helps that I did some research recently about driving bus in Tallinn. And if I got it right a 1-day-ticket only costs 3€ (correct me if I'm wrong) so it doesn't matter how close it is? I found a hostel good 20minutes or so with the bus but it only was 13€ (special price, normal was 17€).In this case its a bed in a 6-persons-room but who cares :LOL:

If some of you whish I'll search that stuff again on the weekend and post more detailed about what I've found out.

Still I think the people from Estonia will know best.

Yes. You are right. 1-day-ticket costs 3€ (you can use the bus, trolley and tram!).

1-hour-ticket is 1.20€ (same.. can use 3 public transports).

There are cheap hostels in Tallinn! But they are quite far from Saku Arena. And yes... the public transport goes everywhere! Sooo the hotel/hostel/guest house does not have to be near the Arena!

BUT... I have no idea when the gig will end! I have been to a gig there.. I took the last trolley back home! Because the gig ended like 23:... something... and I had to wait in the queue to get my coat.

The trolley-stop (Haabersti) is practically in front of the Arena... (goes to the center! where usually the hotels are :D) http://soiduplaan.tallinn.ee/#trol/6/a-b/00701-1/map/en you can see that the last trolley leaves 23:38.

Yes. You are right. 1-day-ticket costs 3€ (you can use the bus, trolley and tram!).

1-hour-ticket is 1.20€ (same.. can use 3 public transports).

There are cheap hostels in Tallinn! But they are quite far from Saku Arena. And yes... the public transport goes everywhere! Sooo the hotel/hostel/guest house does not have to be near the Arena!

BUT... I have no idea when the gig will end! I have been to a gig there.. I took the last trolley back home! Because the gig ended like 23:... something... and I had to wait in the queue to get my coat.

The trolley-stop (Haabersti) is practically in front of the Arena... (goes to the center! where usually the hotels are :D) http://soiduplaan.tallinn.ee/#trol/6/a-b/00701-1/map/en you can see that the last trolley leaves 23:38.

This is summer schedule though, the schedules change in September. So the latest trolley might be pushed later/earlier or removed.

This is summer schedule though, the schedules change in September. So the latest trolley might be pushed later/earlier or removed.

Aah yes! I totally forgot about that! :D I forgot that it's summer! :D (the weather has not been that summer-ish here lately! :mad:)

• 3 months later...

Writing in estonian, sorry. If translation needed, let me know. (I hope I'm not braking any of the messageboard rules here with this.. )

Tere kõigile!

Mul on tekkinud idee, mida võiksime kõik koos teostada, et jääda Muse-ile paremini meelde ning neilegi meeldiv üllatus ja vaatepilt teha. Nimelt teen üleskutse, et kõik kohaletulijad võtaksid kaasa glowstick-i ning paneks selle põlema nende uue loo „Madness-i“ ajal. Võtke üks või rohkem, suuri või väikseid – sel pole tähtsust. Kujutage ette pilti, kui ühe loo ajal terve saal järsult kirevaid ja kumavaid varve täis on! Kuna uue albumi kujundusel on samuti välja toodud kõik võimalikud värvid, siis see läheks päris ilusti teemaga kokku, või mis?

Nii, et haarake kaasa üks glowstick ja teeme ka Muse-ile meeldejääva elamuse, sest meile teevad nad seda niikuinii! :)

Kui keegi ei tea, mis glowstick on, siis see on üks selline põnev pulk: http://blog.applebazaar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/6inch_glow.jpg

Uue plaadi kujundus: http://nothingbuthopeandpassion.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/muse-the2ndlaw.jpg

Ja lugu ise:

Kohtume 11. detsembril!

So basically.. everybody brings some glowsticks and let's make it EPIC during "Madness"! ;)

See you in 11th december!

Writing in estonian, sorry. If translation needed, let me know. (I hope I'm not braking any of the messageboard rules here with this.. )

Tere kõigile!

Mul on tekkinud idee, mida võiksime kõik koos teostada, et jääda Muse-ile paremini meelde ning neilegi meeldiv üllatus ja vaatepilt teha. Nimelt teen üleskutse, et kõik kohaletulijad võtaksid kaasa glowstick-i ning paneks selle põlema nende uue loo „Madness-i“ ajal. Võtke üks või rohkem, suuri või väikseid – sel pole tähtsust. Kujutage ette pilti, kui ühe loo ajal terve saal järsult kirevaid ja kumavaid varve täis on! Kuna uue albumi kujundusel on samuti välja toodud kõik võimalikud värvid, siis see läheks päris ilusti teemaga kokku, või mis?

Nii, et haarake kaasa üks glowstick ja teeme ka Muse-ile meeldejääva elamuse, sest meile teevad nad seda niikuinii! :)

Kui keegi ei tea, mis glowstick on, siis see on üks selline põnev pulk: http://blog.applebazaar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/6inch_glow.jpg

Uue plaadi kujundus: http://nothingbuthopeandpassion.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/muse-the2ndlaw.jpg

Ja lugu ise:

Kohtume 11. detsembril!

So basically.. everybody brings some glowsticks and let's make it EPIC during "Madness"! ;)

See you in 11th december!

Inimesed ei taha eriti vedu võtta. Proovisin facebookis midagi aretada aga inimesed ei vaevunud vastamagi. Mõnda eesti keelset fännisaiti ei ole, kus saaks teavet edastada?

Inimesed ei taha eriti vedu võtta. Proovisin facebookis midagi aretada aga inimesed ei vaevunud vastamagi. Mõnda eesti keelset fännisaiti ei ole, kus saaks teavet edastada?

I posted in the estonian musers thread and on rada7.ee

So yeah - the idea is that everybody brings a glowstick with him/her and activates it during "Madness". Imagine an arena full of glowing colours - would be a rather awesome, right? ;)

Still tickets left? Could someone tell me how long trip it's from Harbor (ships) to Saku Arena? Surely someone has told it already before in previous pages, sorry for this.. I used Google Maps and checked this, it wasn't long trip at all (15-20 minutes?), I just want to confirm because I probably looked it wrong :D

We're considering seriously with my friend that we're coming to this gig after Helsinki's show, prices (accommodation etc.) looks very cheap to go watch Muse live again!

20 minutes sounds about right if you're driving.

Okay, thanks! I'll interfere this thread more if we're coming.

--

Just booked accommodation & tickets with friend, here we come Estonia :D Muse twice in 24 hours, sounds pretty amazing. :happy:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

Does anyone know what time people will start queuing for this gig to make barrier, considering it will be in December? I have no idea if people brave the cold early, or actually have some sense and queue later. Any ideas would be appreciated!:)

Hi there,

Does anyone know what time people will start queuing for this gig to make barrier, considering it will be in December? I have no idea if people brave the cold early, or actually have some sense and queue later. Any ideas would be appreciated!:)

Estonians don't give a fuck about cold so that won't change anything :)

Archived