2012.11.19 - Stadhalle, Vienna, Austria

L.

I don't know where all of you were standing, but where I stood, the crowd was amazing!

I was on Matt's side and about 7 metres from the first row. People were always jumping around and there even was a circle pit when they played Knights o.C.

I noticed that the band had a lot of fun with the crowd -when Matt waved his hand around at Undisclosed Desires, then he yelled, "You're nice, Vienna!" and jumped off stage and shook hands with the first row!:eek:

I've never seen him do that! Wish I could've been in the front!

And he let the crowd sing the whole refrain from Starlight and waved his mic around...

Whoa and I hate people who sing really loud and really off-tune in my ear...

Just came home from Vienna, and oh my God, I want it to be yesterday! How come it's already Tuesday? I totally get why people fly all oLAN-Verbindungver the place just to see one more gig. I wish I had that opportunity - although yesterday night I was so hoarse from screaming and singing I didn't think I would survive another gig some time soon :LOL:

Anyway. BLISS. SUNBURN. I died and went to heaven. Never thought I'd hear those songs live. THANK YOU guys. SS was awesome, as well as Madness! "Vienna" and the peep over his goggles into the camera??!!:stongue:

We got there at 6, got really close to left side of stage (and close to the elevated part - about 15 m away), endured the support, and snuck even closer during the waiting time. As soon as the opening bars of Unsustainable started, I went mad and didn't stop jumping and screamin till the end. :p To be fair, there was a girl beside me who was singing along to every song as well, and all in all I didn't get the impression that the crowd was unenthusiastic, I heard a lot of singing and screaming, and IMO Matt liked the atmosphere and was quite lively.

I didn't mind the mistuned guitar at the encore, made me laugh. Not the first time it happened.

I loved that Matt and Chris changed place for SS so we could have a bit more of Chris on our side too! But generally I'm glad I was on Matt's side.

I'm sure there are lots more things I'll remember I'm still stunned and on withdrawal right now. Have to check out the YouTube vids.

I'm glad you all had a good time!:happy:

Just came home from Vienna, and oh my God, I want it to be yesterday! How come it's already Tuesday? I totally get why people fly all oLAN-Verbindungver the place just to see one more gig. I wish I had that opportunity - although yesterday night I was so hoarse from screaming and singing I didn't think I would survive another gig some time soon :LOL:

Anyway. BLISS. SUNBURN. I died and went to heaven. Never thought I'd hear those songs live. THANK YOU guys. SS was awesome, as well as Madness! "Vienna" and the peep over his goggles into the camera??!!:stongue:

We got there at 6, got really close to left side of stage (and close to the elevated part - about 15 m away), endured the support, and snuck even closer during the waiting time. As soon as the opening bars of Unsustainable started, I went mad and didn't stop jumping and screamin till the end. :p To be fair, there was a girl beside me who was singing along to every song as well, and all in all I didn't get the impression that the crowd was unenthusiastic, I heard a lot of singing and screaming, and IMO Matt liked the atmosphere and was quite lively.

I didn't mind the mistuned guitar at the encore, made me laugh. Not the first time it happened.

I loved that Matt and Chris changed place for SS so we could have a bit more of Chris on our side too! But generally I'm glad I was on Matt's side.

I'm sure there are lots more things I'll remember I'm still stunned and on withdrawal right now. Have to check out the YouTube vids.

I'm glad you all had a good time!:happy:

Ah, very well written, pretty much my thoughts exactly! Been watching the videos too against withdrawal, and to see what I missed on the rest of the stage. :D

I don't know where all of you were standing, but where I stood, the crowd was amazing!

I was on Matt's side and about 7 metres from the first row. People were always jumping around and there even was a circle pit when they played Knights o.C.

I noticed that the band had a lot of fun with the crowd -when Matt waved his hand around at Undisclosed Desires, then he yelled, "You're nice, Vienna!" and jumped off stage and shook hands with the first row!:eek:

I've never seen him do that! Wish I could've been in the front!

And he let the crowd sing the whole refrain from Starlight and waved his mic around...

Whoa and I hate people who sing really loud and really off-tune in my ear...

That would definitely have been me singing loud...:p

Just arrived home after our flight. Couple of things to add.

Queueing was a little insane (partly to blame for the pockets towards the front in the crowd since a lot of people who hadn't queued for very long and so maybe weren't as keen managing to get straight in???). Q management seemed to consist of two guys saying "langsam, langsam" as everyone pushed forwards.

Also a little disappointed with crowd in certain places although i moved around a fair bit.

After the pyramid went down i literally tapped people on the shoulder and asked to go in front. Nobody said no, went from maybe 10th row (just in front of the guys sitting on the floor rowing) to 3rd row with no hassle at all. Agree that there were pockets of people really getting into it and it was easy to move around.

Great setlist, great lighting and effects, really happy.

For those interested the "Oh Vienna" from Madness is from Ultravox - Vienna [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-Ps (skip to 1min 13)]

There is a video from Undisclosed desires where this one woman goes, "I wasch ma nie wieder die Hand"(I'll never wash my hand again) after Matt touched her hand.

:D:D:D

Totally understandable. :D

He didn't shake my hand, although I was stretching my arm out as far as I could. :(

The videos by this guy are insanly awesome.

Thank you!!! Even more food for my collection!!! :D

Opening/Unsustainable

Pyramid reveal + Panic Station

Liquid State

Survival - Matt and Chris laugh while Matt's guitar is out of tune :)

Tomorrow will add Supremacy.

Great vids dude. And an interesting angle :D

God damn it, these videos are even more insanly awesome, than the ones I posted before.

Soon, I'll have the concert from all possible angles. :D :D :D

Thanks for all those links!

It's only been one(!) week but it already feels like ages ago. :(

EDIT:

and the guitarist laughed at my heckle, so fun all around

You were "We want Muse!" - "Love you, too!"? :D

Archived