2012.11.19 - Stadhalle, Vienna, Austria

L.

What's the name of that Mexican place? My sister and I will have to eat something too and were thinking of the cafeteria on top of the public library...

I don't have time to start queuing early, I will just have to be happy with jumping along with a hopefully enthusiastic crowd and ruining my voice :rolleyes:

What's the name of that Mexican place? My sister and I will have to eat something too and were thinking of the cafeteria on top of the public library...

I don't have time to start queuing early, I will just have to be happy with jumping along with a hopefully enthusiastic crowd and ruining my voice :rolleyes:

It's actually right at the Stadthalle :)

were you on the same spot in Munich as in London? Parterre crowd is usually more ''into it''.

how many of you guys will queue on monday?

I was on Chris' side in London. In Munich I was on Matt's side. And I was always in the 6th row something like that.

As to the Garderobe question: "frei" means free of charge, you don't have to pay. I have never been to the venue, but apparently you have to hand in your coat.

I don't know about water, I would guess no.!

normaly they are really good checking the people so to bring things in is not allowed even when the cam is tooo big you can´t bring it in.. but last gig i went I had to let go of my cam but could take water with me cos they didn´t chech deeper in my bag after finding my cam.. lol anyway had my phone to take pics..:LOL:

Can I give them my coat AND my bag at the wardrobe for free?

when i was at a muse concert 3 years ago in munich, that's what i did.

will it be possible in this venue too?

Thanks!

edit:

actually i can put the coat in my bag.. lol.. so i guess the question is, do they take bags also?

I can't remember sry. If you walk to the left from the entrance it's right there. It's actually in the same building as the Stadthalle.

do you have standing tickets or seats?

I'm standing.

Aus Neugier: Wie viele Deutschsprachige sind denn in diesem Thread? :D

I can't remember sry. If you walk to the left from the entrance it's right there. It's actually in the same building as the Stadthalle.

I'm standing.

HIER!!!! :D

Can't wait for monday.... but oh my dear... MY MONEY :( 4 gigs this year^^ omg...

It's that one: http://www.chilinos.at/anfahrtlage/ => so on the left of Halle D, if you stand in front of it.

Can I give them my coat AND my bag at the wardrobe for free?

You really trust them with your bag for that long? I'm panicky about that, even though it sucks to have one during the concert. Besides, I'm going to take my Muse bag that I bought before the gig in Birmingham, so it's even more precious to me. ;)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they'll take it if you want. Once, I HAD to give up my bag for some reason (I think that was in Gasometer, though) and I couldn't really relax afterwards. :$

Hier! Ich! :D

Aaaaaaah, I'm already in my pre-gig stressy mode: "what if the tube is not working... what if my ticket turns out to be fake and they won't let me in... what if I'm sick on Monday... what if THEY don't turn up..." :eek:

[quote=Johi36;9886883

Aaaaaaah, I'm already in my pre-gig stressy mode: "what if the tube is not working... what if my ticket turns out to be fake and they won't let me in... what if I'm sick on Monday... what if THEY don't turn up..." :eek:

I'm the same! :rolleyes::$:D So many things to do till then, so many things to go wrong... I won't relax until I'm inside.

That ticket thing is stressing me out a lot too. Especially because I bought them on Ebay. But well, the seller had only positive reviews, and a lot of them so... :D

Only 2 more days guys!

I just called the Stadthalle and asked about coats, bags and water! ;)

The nice lady on the phone said usually they don't actually force you to give up your coats in Halle D, but sometimes I guess they do. (Big) backpacks might be taken away from you right at the entry apparently, as are any liquids that are in your bags. She actually mentioned that you are not allowed to take deodorants or perfume. That was new to me.

I asked her about normal sized handbags, or even slightly bigger ones (my Muse bag is a messenger bag), and she said that should be fine.

That ticket thing is stressing me out a lot too. Especially because I bought them on Ebay. But well, the seller had only positive reviews, and a lot of them so... :D

Only 2 more days guys!

My ticket looks VERY legit, and the woman who I got it from seemed nice, we even chatted a bit about concerts - so I shouldn't have any reason to believe it's fake. Still... :$

I just called the Stadthalle and asked about coats, bags and water! ;)

The nice lady on the phone said usually they don't actually force you to give up your coats in Halle D, but sometimes I guess they do. (Big) backpacks might be taken away from you right at the entry apparently, as are any liquids that are in your bags. She actually mentioned that you are not allowed to take deodorants or perfume. That was new to me.

I asked her about normal sized handbags, or even slightly bigger ones (my Muse bag is a messenger bag), and she said that should be fine.

My ticket looks VERY legit, and the woman who I got it from seemed nice, we even chatted a bit about concerts - so I shouldn't have any reason to believe it's fake. Still... :$

Thank you very much for all the information! :)

I think I have to risk it and take my jacket with me. Does anyone know where the wardrobe is? When we queue so long in the cold, it would be a shame if it was all for nothing, because we had to search for the wardrobe:)

Do you know what they do with small cameras? It wasn't a problem at other gigs so far, but i've heard that they are being taken away in Vienna?

:musesign:

I went to the Opera tonight and they wouldn't let us into the standing area until we had been to the cloakroom and handed our coats in, including my fleece top! Perhaps it's just Vienna policy to take coats off you?

It's been ages since I went to the opera, but I still think there's a diefference between opera and Stadthalle - at the first venue they would be much more formal and interested in keeping up appearances. Generally I think you will be ok on Monday if you don't want to hand in your jacket.

I don't even know what to wear yet.:rolleyes:

Thank you very much for all the information! :)

I think I have to risk it and take my jacket with me. Does anyone know where the wardrobe is? When we queue so long in the cold, it would be a shame if it was all for nothing, because we had to search for the wardrobe:)

Do you know what they do with small cameras? It wasn't a problem at other gigs so far, but i've heard that they are being taken away in Vienna?

:musesign:

It's been so long since I've been in Halle D, the last few concerts I went to were in Halle F... but I think they are basically on the way to the actual hall, so you don't have to go a different way searching for them.

Don't know about the cameras. If it's tiny, and in a case, deep down in your bag, they might not notice. ;) I wouldn't risk it, personally.

I went to the Opera tonight and they wouldn't let us into the standing area until we had been to the cloakroom and handed our coats in, including my fleece top! Perhaps it's just Vienna policy to take coats off you?
Who knows. We are kind of special indeed. :D

It's been ages since I went to the opera, but I still think there's a diefference between opera and Stadthalle - at the first venue they would be much more formal and interested in keeping up appearances. Generally I think you will be ok on Monday if you don't want to hand in your jacket.

I don't even know what to wear yet.:rolleyes:

Me neither! I'm coming straight from work, where I don't want to be dressed too "cool", if you know what I mean. So I'll be a bit overdressed, I guess. :LOL:

And like I said, the lady on the phone said that usually they don't make you take your coat off. So it might just be an error on the webpage. Does it actually say on the ticket, too?

EDIT: Either way, I'm NOT going to take my thick winter coat inside, though. That would be suicide! :LOL:

Okey, so i got this idea when i was lying in my bet too excited to go to sleep cause i was constantly thinking about the gig.

Im going there at 10am , what will happen if i take my jacket and backpack for some resources for queueing and sometimes before 18:00 when they start letting people in, i put my jacket in my backpack a hand it to my friend who has sitting ticket ?

And if they take the backpack where can i get it after the gig ?

Also on the print@home ticket is printed my name, will they ask me for my ID or something ?

Also, if i want to get asap to barrier, if i dont want to have any trouble with backpack or jacket should i just wear 2 sweaters ?

And also, I have never been in Stadthalle, ive been to vienna like 3 times in my life. Is there any map of the hall or where should I stand for queue, and when I get in, where are the wardrobes and what is the fastest way to the hall ?

Im sorry for lots of questions, but after 3 years of waiting I have to be 100% prepared on my first MUSE gig. Im fucking excited. I praying that they will play same setlist as yesterday at pesaro - Bliss, SS, Sunburn - what could be better?

cheers

@ shiroo

And if they take the backpack where can i get it after the gig ?

When they take bags or cams - you get a number which is on your things and one goes to you - before you get out the venue there are some desks under the stairs and you will get your things back - don´t loose your number! but there are 2 desks one for the entry north and south so take the one you came in !!

Also on the print@home ticket is printed my name, will they ask me for my ID or something ?

yes could happen that they ask for ID anyway its always better to have an ID with you!

Also, if i want to get asap to barrier, if i dont want to have any trouble with backpack or jacket should i just wear 2 sweaters ?

Its soon getting hot in there so be aware of that that you have to wear them the whole concert or have them in your hands - there ist not much space to get ride of it then.

And also, I have never been in Stadthalle, ive been to vienna like 3 times in my life. Is there any map of the hall or where should I stand for queue, and when I get in, where are the wardrobes and what is the fastest way to the hall ?

no fear you can´t miss the wardrobe and there ist no fastest way to the hall..

I know this thread's for gig-goers specifically but just wanted you all to know (if you haven't checked the 'what to expect' thread in the tours section :) ) I wear a zip-front hoodie for queueing and then tie the sleeves firmly round my waist for the actual gig. If it's particularly cold I take a foil survival blanket, they're cheap, pack up tiny and keep you really warm and you can bin them on the way into the venue. I picked that handy hint up from the experienced queuers here :D

I know this thread's for gig-goers specifically but just wanted you all to know (if you haven't checked the 'what to expect' thread in the tours section :) ) I wear a zip-front hoodie for queueing and then tie the sleeves firmly round my waist for the actual gig. If it's particularly cold I take a foil survival blanket, they're cheap, pack up tiny and keep you really warm and you can bin them on the way into the venue. I picked that handy hint up from the experienced queuers here :D

where can i get the foil blanket ? And what means cheap ?

Archived