L.

2012.11.14 - St. Jakobshalle, Basel, Switzerland

@mumiouze89 - You'd be lucky to find white parking anywhere in Basel ;) You can try scanning the side roads, or park further outside the city and get the public transport in. ... good luck :)

@Charis19: I have no idea! I don't have enough "insider" connections, i.e. friends who work at the airports and hotels to find out more. I stood next to them backstage at an open air 10 years ago before I became such a massive fan. I remember looking at Matt thinking: oh, isn't that the singer of Muse? :LOL: Argh! Now I could bite my own bum for not having known better :)

I'm desperately looking for 1 standing ticket.:( Does somebody have a spare one? Pleas PM me if so. I would be so grateful!

@Nads

hmm. it's gonna be difficult. Maybe someone else here is an insider:D and could help us.. *question to everybody*;)

@Nikite: You can park either at St. Jakobshalle (outdoor and indoor parking - but I also couldn't find the opening times, I presume they close after the concert or around midnight) or you can park across the road at St. Jakobs Park Stadium/Shopping Center, open until 01:00.

@Nikite: You can park either at St. Jakobshalle (outdoor and indoor parking - but I also couldn't find the opening times, I presume they close after the concert or around midnight) or you can park across the road at St. Jakobs Park Stadium/Shopping Center, open until 01:00.

Ok thanks. Do you know of a place not too far from the venue where we could park for all night if we want to?

another question.. Does the venue have 1 entrance or more? If more, where is the closest one to the stage?

And when do the people who want barrier show up? I think I'm gonna be there at 1.30 pm.

So excited!:D

Usually there's just the one entrance, with multiple doors to get in, so you're all starting off at the same distance to the stage. Not sure if they're going to open other entrances for tomorrow's show - you'll have to check when you get there.

Very much looking forward to it!

@nikite: You can park in the city, for instance Elisabethen Parking is open 24 hours. It's close to the train station SBB from where you can get trams - check the internet for time tables and connections :)

@Charis19: Afraid I can't give you more infos, it's been centuries since I've been to a concert there :) Wish I could go early too but some people have to work during the day... :LOL: If you happen to shake Matt's hand give him my love ;)

Thanks for your help! :) So if it would work and i can chose where I want barrier (too good to happen:p) where would be the best place? I'd like to be in front of the podium on Matt's side. Do you have free sight there (because of the podium)?

@flyinghigh

Do you know if it's a long way to the stage?:)

@ Nads

I'm sorry for you that you can't go earlier.:( But it'll be great anywhere you are!:D

@Charis 19 - The St. Jakobshalle really isn't that big, the are tram and bus stops right outside the venue and the entrance is around the front end towards the tram and bus stops. You'll see :) ... and yes, I would love to try and meet them ;)

I went and checked out the arena this afternoon. Are the GA admission doors on the long side directly facing the trams/buses? Or on that short side just off that long side, but facing the shopping centre? They have some barriers just put in front of that corner, (in front of the short side) but they weren't set up yet. On the plus side, there were stage trucks and tour buses everywhere!! :party::dance:

I went and checked out the arena this afternoon. Are the GA admission doors on the long side directly facing the trams/buses? Or on that short side just off that long side, but facing the shopping centre? They have some barriers just put in front of that corner, (in front of the short side) but they weren't set up yet. On the plus side, there were stage trucks and tour buses everywhere!! :party::dance:

Sounds great! I've never been in the st. Jakobshalle, but I had a phone call because I wanted to know what's about the wardrobes, and the girl there told me something that the stage isn't in the middle but on one side.. whatever that means..

How do you do it with the wardrobes, because when you want barrier, you can't waste your time by putting your things to the wardrobes?? Any experiences?

When are the first people there tomorrow?

I'm too excited!:D:LOL:

@flyinghigh

Do you know if it's a long way to the stage?:)

Nope, not a long way - the venue as a whole is pretty small. It's not exactly Wembley! ;)

Are the GA admission doors on the long side directly facing the trams/buses?

@HAARP61: usually GA admission is on the side facing the bus stop on Brüglingerstrasse (i.e. not facing the shopping centre), but who knows *what* they'll be doing now that Muse are in town!

@Charis19: I'll probably be wearing a light coat that I can tie around my waist so that I don't waste time with the cloakroom. Will be there around the time the doors open, so unlikely to be at the barrier, but certainly as close as possible!

Nope, not a long way - the venue as a whole is pretty small. It's not exactly Wembley! ;)

@HAARP61: usually GA admission is on the side facing the bus stop on Brüglingerstrasse (i.e. not facing the shopping centre), but who knows *what* they'll be doing now that Muse are in town!

Ah, thanks for that. I am kinda hoping the barriers will be in place when I get there tomorrow, but I highly doubt it!! But at least I know what the norm is, although there is nothing "normal" about a Muse gig!! ;)

@Charis, if you have to hang a coat, you will probably miss out on barrier!

No tickets on MuseBay, almost no tickets (except touts) anywhere on the internet, I'm surprised. I thought it would be easy to get tickets a few days before the show... Muse should come to Switzerland more often, there's a real demand here

Have a nice gig everyone tomorrow evening !

Thanks to all your replies and help! :) Then I think we'll see us tomorrow in the queue.. I think I'll be there around 13.30, who is at that time there as well or earlier?

Thanks to all your replies and help! :) Then I think we'll see us tomorrow in the queue.. I think I'll be there around 13.30, who is at that time there as well or earlier?

Won't be there till about 6, but if I have time, I might quickly scope the place out in the afternoon and wave at you guys!

Won't be there till about 6, but if I have time, I might quickly scope the place out in the afternoon and wave at you guys!

Ok. We'll see us!:D

@Charis19: The stage is at one end of the floor, like a normal stage, not in the middle. It is however open to all sides and there are seats also behind the stage so people sitting there see the band from behind but also the entire crowd, as if being on stage themselves :) The stage is a bit round like a Roulette, Dom's drum stand can spin round in the middle so he can face the crowd sitting behind him, and Matt and Chris can walk all around the edge of the stage, which is a bit higher up, Matt also sings to various sides of the crowd from there. To the front there is a little "island" which goes out to the crowd. ... I hope this makes sense, it's rather difficult to explain. But you'll see :)

I wouldn't bother too much about big jackets, too much hassle once inside! We'll just have to be very cold on the way there and warm up quickly inside. And then our inner glow from all the joy of seeing this fantastic band will keep us warm on the way home :LOL:

@Charis19: The stage is at one end of the floor, like a normal stage, not in the middle. It is however open to all sides and there are seats also behind the stage so people sitting there see the band from behind but also the entire crowd, as if being on stage themselves :) The stage is a bit round like a Roulette, Dom's drum stand can spin round in the middle so he can face the crowd sitting behind him, and Matt and Chris can walk all around the edge of the stage, which is a bit higher up, Matt also sings to various sides of the crowd from there. To the front there is a little "island" which goes out to the crowd. ... I hope this makes sense, it's rather difficult to explain. But you'll see :)

I wouldn't bother too much about big jackets, too much hassle once inside! We'll just have to be very cold on the way there and warm up quickly inside. And then our inner glow from all the joy of seeing this fantastic band will keep us warm on the way home :LOL:

yeah, but what if you queue from like 1pm to 6pm (entrance), you'll freeze :D

it was a great show! Now I have to get tickets for strasbourg.. but I was so embarrassed that the doors weren't open. Iwas waiting there for 5 hours and was first but afterwards I got second row only:(. But it was a good place as well:D

Did Matt something say about a show next summer in Switzerland? I didn't understand him..

Has anybody taken some pictures or vids?:D My handy camera is shit.. so..

it was a great show! Now I have to get tickets for strasbourg.. but I was so embarrassed that the doors weren't open. Iwas waiting there for 5 hours and was first but afterwards I got second row only:(. But it was a good place as well:D

Did Matt something say about a show next summer in Switzerland? I didn't understand him..

Has anybody taken some pictures or vids?:D My handy camera is shit.. so..

do you maybe know why? :/

how many doors were there?