2012.11.12 - Olympiahalle, Munich, Germany

L.

Hello everyone. I want to ask something.

I had written my friend's address on that form to buy a ticket. Because she lives in Germany and I didn't want to pay extra money. So my ticket was sent to my friend's home. Now there's her name on my ticket instead of mine, of course. Does this create any problem? Do people who check our tickets at the doors say "Show me your ID. This is not your name bla bla bla.."? :rolleyes:

No, I don't think so. It's not my name on my cards either, but my moms. And she's not going with us...

Are there any locals who know if it will be possible to get the train to the airport late next Monday night, after the gig? I've had a look on one transport website which appears to suggest I will be able to, but also says tickets aren't available so I'm a bit confused!

I'm flying in to Munich next Sunday morning and have booked to stay HERE Sunday night as it's quite close to the venue. I can leave my bag at the hotel when I check-out on Monday morning, so my plan is to return to the hotel after the gig, grab my bag, get a taxi to the train station then a train to the airport, where I'll hang around until I fly home the next day (hotel prices for Monday night are ridiculously high and I'm not bothered about doing an airport sleepover).

If anyone is able to advise I'd be really grateful! :)

I talked about doing this back and forth with Pip a few days ago and with Poland now looking more unlikely due to standing tickets being seemingly unobtainable, I'm starting to really consider this one :LOL: Flights have obviously gone up in price a bit but they're still only £100 which is pretty reasonable. Seen a couple of standing tickets go up on musebay in the last few days but they're from pretty new users - sorry if that sounds rude, I've just seen a few people who've been scammed on there recently so I'm a bit wary! Still very seriously considering this now though.

/mustbemad

I talked about doing this back and forth with Pip a few days ago and with Poland now looking more unlikely due to standing tickets being seemingly unobtainable, I'm starting to really consider this one :LOL: Flights have obviously gone up in price a bit but they're still only £100 which is pretty reasonable. Seen a couple of standing tickets go up on musebay in the last few days but they're from pretty new users - sorry if that sounds rude, I've just seen a few people who've been scammed on there recently so I'm a bit wary! Still very seriously considering this now though.

/mustbemad

Ali! Why don't you book your flights anyway? I've got a twin room booked, just for me, so if you do come that's accommodation sorted and it's not expensive either, would work out at just over £60 each for two nights.

Chances are, a few people will post last-minute with tickets for collection at venue due to friends not going. There don't appear to be specific entrances on the standing tickets so that won't be a problem.

I've booked and cancelled so many places in the last few days but have finally settled on a twin room with private shower and breakfast included, here.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/haus-international.en-gb.html?label=gog235jc-index-XX-XX-XX-unspec-gb-com;sid=6ef4e198822d8b0335df03dbcfdc84f8;dcid=2

It's only costing me £123 and that's checking-in on Sunday at 14.00 (they said can check-in earlier if room is ready) and checking-out at 10.00 on Tuesday. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms.

If you don't get a ticket, well, you won't be stranded with nowhere to stay!

Edit. May be able to get that room for less by booking direct, just need to check breakfast is included when booking with the hostel itself :)

What time will u be there? Who's going for barrier?

Can't wait!!

Definitely want barrier, although not the pointy part of it as I found that much of the stage was obscured standing there. I expect we'll be over at about 8ish :)

Archived