2012.11.01 - MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

L.

Is there only one entrance to the arena? Or is there multiple ones?

2 Main entrances. 1 by the multi car park and one by the train station on the opposite side of the arena.

But i believe there will be only one entrance to get down into the standing area

2 Main entrances. 1 by the multi car park and one by the train station on the opposite side of the arena.

But i believe there will be only one entrance to get down into the standing area

Once you're in through the doors/have shown your ticket to the door person, there's a circular corridor around the arena and we went down a steep stairway to get to standing but at the end they opened a doorway out from standing that meant you didn't need to go back up the stairs. Not sure if you can get in via that way too :unsure: I was only there about 3 weeks ago.

Once you're in through the doors/have shown your ticket to the door person, there's a circular corridor around the arena and we went down a steep stairway to get to standing but at the end they opened a doorway out from standing that meant you didn't need to go back up the stairs. Not sure if you can get in via that way too :unsure: I was only there about 3 weeks ago.

Ah right. I've been before but i sat. I'm just trying my best to get as close to the barrier as I can. Every band that plays my local arena, I get barrier nearly every time :LOL:

I've just spent a lot of money on going to this show. Has anybody got a good plan on getting near the front? I'm talking blueprints and everything. Which entrance to the MEN is the right one for standers? Cheers guys!

I'm gonna get there and see how it goes, gonna try and get there between 3 and 4. should be able to get close enough. It's going to be so stressful racing in to the arena

Ah right. I've been before but i sat. I'm just trying my best to get as close to the barrier as I can. Every band that plays my local arena, I get barrier nearly every time :LOL:

If its the part i think your referring too then that section is normally the loading tunnel. It has a bar around there and some toilets. That only opens once the gig has finished to allow everyone to leave. They only normally have 1 entrance (maybe two) going down the stairs to the standing area. You cna't go back up them to leave you have to exit from the area you mentioed

Night shift covered. Looks like I'm heading up to Manchester after all. Got rear view tickets on ebay though had to buy a group of 4 and I only need 1! :facepalm: Yippedy Doo Dah.

Ah cool. Would love to come with you but have a ticket with Trog! Shame we all can't sit together eh.

Ah cool. Would love to come with you but have a ticket with Trog! Shame we all can't sit together eh.

Ha that would have been a riot!

I've got Block 120 but near the back of the block. Was the best I could do.

(Bloody hope the tickets are genuine!)

There may be a bit of a meet up beforehand though - I think I'm meeting Kranky and LSGriffiths (or whatever his board name is now) for beer but haven't arranged it properly yet.

This will be my first Muse concert. I would like to ask a couple of questions :-

I am in block 122 row P seat 1. My ticket says "rear view !!!". I am worried about the view I am going to get of the band in this seat. Has anyone sat in this area in the MEN arena in previous concerts and what is the view like.

I am staying at the MEN travelodge. Is anyone else staying at this hotel.

This will be my first Muse concert. I would like to ask a couple of questions :-

I am in block 122 row P seat 1. My ticket says "rear view !!!". I am worried about the view I am going to get of the band in this seat. Has anyone sat in this area in the MEN arena in previous concerts and what is the view like.

I am staying at the MEN travelodge. Is anyone else staying at this hotel.

I'm rear view for both this gig and the 26th London. I wouldn't be worried, it's lower tier so it's not like your going to get a nosebleed. The only major difference is that the band aren't facing you. You'll still see the visuals, and the sound will be just as good.

they aren't facing you most of the time (for some of us that's a bonus, rear view is not a bad thing :D ) but the stage is set up to give Matt and Chris space to move all the way around. I'm not sure if Dom's drumkit rotates as Montpellier didn't have rear-view seats and they didn't rotate for Montpellier Jam

Ha that would have been a riot!

I've got Block 120 but near the back of the block. Was the best I could do.

(Bloody hope the tickets are genuine!)

There may be a bit of a meet up beforehand though - I think I'm meeting Kranky and LSGriffiths (or whatever his board name is now) for beer but haven't arranged it properly yet.

There should surely be a bit of a meet up beforehand! I am taking the opportunity of being in seats to actually eat before the gig, lol

Hey guys, this will be my first muse gig ever :D. Can anyone tell me what time I should try to arrive at the arena for? I understand the doors open at 1800 but surely people will be queing? also what's the best way to get to the arena from Picadilly gardens? Thanks

EDIT: actually thinking about it, I have seated tickets so I guess there's no reason for me to queue as I already know where I'll be sitting?

Yeah re the seats thing, any time after doors open. From Piccadilly Gardens you just walk through the city centre down Market Street and follow the signs for Victoria Station (the station is below the MEN). Or you can just get the tram, I think from PG you want the line heading towards Bury, but it's been a while since I was in Manchester so you probably want to check that.

My tickets have arrived and all look fine. :happy:

I will probably have to sell the extra 3 (I bought a block of 4 but only need 1 cos I was a bit desperate :LOL: ) as I doubt I will be able to persuade any of my friends to come with me (have used up all my Muse gig requests already for this tour).

Archived