I give my regards to anyone in the circle pit during Knights of Cydonia! That shit was crazy, and also during Stockholm Syndrome - really nice and rough that was.

That was painful!!! My shoes are in the wash and I have a huge bruise from that huge topless guy going crazy who kept shouting "Go on Bellers you cunt"

Another thing that I loved about last night was the vast range of ages in the audience, even in standing. I saw kids from about 10 years old (obv in seated) up to people in their late 60'sor early 70's, who didn't appear to be there as chaperones for younger kids, but as genuine fans. Amazing!

Think I may be brave enough to go standing next time, first thing I said when I got in the arena was "I want to be down there!" :D

That was painful!!! My shoes are in the wash and I have a huge bruise from that huge topless guy going crazy who kept shouting "Go on Bellers you cunt"

What? :LOL:

I always say that if I make it to a gig I'm grateful for whatever the boys play, if I coud have written the perfect setlist from what's being rotated this time round I got it last night; Sunburn, Hysteria, Stockholm fucking Syndrome, Liquid State, just perfect. It's taken all morning to upload one HD vid Loved the visuals, just fab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4n0iJ2bFLA too nackered & can't remember how to embed links

As always, you have to see this live - it's so much better.

been trying to remember my login for this place for a couple of days so I've just been lurking.

can't believe some people queued from 5/6am! I'm glad I wasn't planning on doing that as I came down with an awful cold yesterday morning and felt horrible all day.

so if anyone around me was by a girl constantly blowing her nose... that was me!

got there for 5pm, got in and had to have something to eat and got in line, so after that I wasn't expecting a good spot.

got closer than I thought, a few people back in the middle. the support band were okay, but they seemed to drag it out.

muse were just amazing, better than the first time I saw them at the NIA, I think. better setlist. the new stuff went down well

a few people around me didn't sing much to animals which was a shame as I love it, but apart from that the crowd was great.

sunburn has to be mentioned obviously. I went mental for plug in baby/stockholme syndrome even though I felt like I was gonna die.

I felt worse standing still for some reason, so during isolated system when everything calmed down

I knew I was gonna faint if I didn't get water, so my boyfriend had to take me out. I felt a bit bad for him having to lose such a good spot.

got back in in time for knights, but wasn't as close. but it was still great. survival was explosive! good last song.

got a few pics and a video I'll try and post.

Best fucking gig of my life. That beat the roundhouse. 2nd time I heard sunburn this week as well, my joint favourite muse song.

Awesome queue - Birmingham's fucking fun, they have geese! And the security were AWESOME. Big up Kevin. I was 16th, and easily made my usual spot on the barrier.

It was amazing; I had lots of banter with Chris like with the other gigs.... He looked at my spot as soon as he came on and made a funny face at me when he saw I was there :awesome: He even did my clicky thing back at me during survival :D He gave me the harmonica and said see you at Manchester and winked! I'm not going to Manchester though :(

Matt also gave me and my friend the Mic during starlight and we tried our best to sing in time :facepalm: During UD matt took my furry hat I wear to every muse gig! He gave it back though :p

Dom gave my friend his stick because Chris said to him 'give it to them' and pointed at us, and as he did Dom nodded at me, and I tried to give him the hat and he said 'no its yours!' So I kept it in the end after all that.... Dom was tempted... I think he wanted me to keep it so he could recognise me? Idk.

After the first encore (uprising and knights) I just looked around and realised I was actually in heaven. Honestly, with awesome people and with an awesome band... Mhmhmhmhmhhhhmm. it didn't feel real. Shed a tear more than once that gig... It was my 6th muse gig and I dont think it's ever been as emotional as that one. Maybe Reading 2011 with OOS.

I filmed Sunburn from the barrier and made sure not to 'sing' along this time!

Oh, it was a furry hat then? I thought it was a teddy bear. :D

Yeah, it was a furry hat! I wear it to every muse gig :)

Gig was utterly awesome (as always!!) It was on a par with Wembley 2nd night I reckon. One moan however...... Me and hubby were in Block 16 which had a great view, but some dozy twonks behind us kept saying to sit down....... Er, whatever!!!!! If that was you (behind row R), then sorry - I'm usually very reasonable, but really???? Er, hello..... MUSE gig!!!! Needless to say I was up dancing like a lunatic and wrenched my neck headbanging, HAHA!!! :D (Maybe that was karma for me standing!!) :p

Anyway, highlights for me......Sunburn, PiB, SS, Liquid State (well done Chris!!), Explorers (I blubbed much to hubb's horror), NOC, Survival, and surprisingly Unsustainable... what a belter of an opener!!!!

Matt's interaction was fab, I laughed so much when he said to the girl with the light hair on the barrier "Is that really your hair??" Said he'd have to do that for his next tour, classic!!!:LOL:

Dom's onesie..... Brilliant, looked like an overgrown baby!!

Today I am depressed and tired, I hate it when it's all over :( Hurry up next year!!!! :)

Edited by matilda8
*Light up hair* that was supposed to say!!

Best fucking gig of my life. That beat the roundhouse. 2nd time I heard sunburn this week as well, my joint favourite muse song.

Awesome queue - Birmingham's fucking fun, they have geese! And the security were AWESOME. Big up Kevin. I was 16th, and easily made my usual spot on the barrier.

It was amazing; I had lots of banter with Chris like with the other gigs.... He looked at my spot as soon as he came on and made a funny face at me when he saw I was there :awesome: He even did my clicky thing back at me during survival :D He gave me the harmonica and said see you at Manchester and winked! I'm not going to Manchester though :(

Matt also gave me and my friend the Mic during starlight and we tried our best to sing in time :facepalm: During UD matt took my furry hat I wear to every muse gig! He gave it back though :p

Dom gave my friend his stick because Chris said to him 'give it to them' and pointed at us, and as he did Dom nodded at me, and I tried to give him the hat and he said 'no its yours!' So I kept it in the end after all that.... Dom was tempted... I think he wanted me to keep it so he could recognise me? Idk.

After the first encore (uprising and knights) I just looked around and realised I was actually in heaven. Honestly, with awesome people and with an awesome band... Mhmhmhmhmhhhhmm. it didn't feel real. Shed a tear more than once that gig... It was my 6th muse gig and I dont think it's ever been as emotional as that one. Maybe Reading 2011 with OOS.

I said to my hubby that Chris had someone in mind when he gave his harmonica.... He strode down very purposefully!!!! And it was you!!!! Lucky thing, nice one!!! x x:D

What? :LOL:

I honestly have no idea, that was just one of his incredible sentances which he kept screaming. He was the one starting the mosh circle, waving his tshirt in the air (he was ripped ill give him that :p) but I've never heard of someone shout "Go on Bellers you cunt, fucking legend!" He was fucked off his face.

I am soooo jealous!!!!!!! I hate you a little bit :p Chris' harmonica???? Lucky bastard!

I remember him yeah! :LOL:

When the roulette wheel came up I was screaming for Stockholm Syndrome against this group of guys screaming for New Born. It was such a relief when it landed on Stockholm!

Sounds amazing. :D Glad you had an awesome time, wish I'd been there. I suspect queuing in Manchester is not going to be that much fun (although I know at least a few people from London are going to be there :)). Will be thinking of everyone tomorrow night.

When the roulette wheel came up I was screaming for Stockholm Syndrome against this group of guys screaming for New Born. It was such a relief when it landed on Stockholm!

I think you were stood next to me? I was screaming for SS too and I was laughing because the guys were shouting for Newborn and me and another guy were the only Stockholmers lol

I think you were stood next to me? I was screaming for SS too and I was laughing because the guys were shouting for Newborn and me and another guy were the only Stockholmers lol

I was the only one that shouted "GREEN ONE!" because I wanna know if green is for decoration to make it look proper or whether it houses a secret song. I loved the fact it was Stockholm though!

I said to my hubby that Chris had someone in mind when he gave his harmonica.... He strode down very purposefully!!!! And it was you!!!! Lucky thing, nice one!!! x x:D

Yeah, I think he did, he was looking right at me for most of the harmonica bit :) and thanks, it was incredible!

Is it just me or is Matt REALLY sexy when he's down on his knees? :$ :$ :eek:

He never used to be that much of a showman did he?

eta:

32-40 secs. *faints*

Do they like know you then? How many gigs have you been to at the barrier?

He was never a showman, he just smashed a lot of stuff which people seemed to love. I'm not so big on that stuff unless it's once in a while, not every gig.

youtube search 23JAF88

I've uploaded on video to give you an idea of where I was to the mosh pit :)

One brilliant part of the night was just before Survival when the piano came up and some bloke next to me goes "Here comes New Born" and I replied "Or Survival". It was Survival and about 3 blokes just laughed and he just goes "fucks sake"

I'm still wondering whether or not to go to Manchester tomorrow but I have no one to go with :(

Is it just me or is Matt REALLY sexy when he's down on his knees? :$ :$ :eek:

eta:

32-40 secs. *faints*

I see me!

Do they like know you then? How many gigs have you been to at the barrier?

5 - Reading, Roundhouse, O2, O2, Birmingham. Same place each time!