Another AMAZING show. Really can't seperate the two nights on performance, but touching Matt yesterday might give that a tiny edge on a personal level.

Loved how much Matt came round to the back, and it's a great experience seeing the gig from the bands POV (sort of). Extraordinary value for £35 a ticket.

He was really paying attention to you guys tonight. What was that leaning on the barrier for a rest/pose for photos :LOL: I can never hear what Matt says to the audience properly cos I'm a bit deaf (too many gigs kiddies, let this be a warning) and it sounds a bit muffled to me

As much as I love explorers I don't think it's a good song for such a gig. people were quite bored. (not me obviously) They should replace it with Big Freeze which for some unknown reason is the only song from the album that is not played so far.

A girl collapsed next to right at the start of Host, ie, straight after Falling Down - I blame Matt for that one. (As far as I know she was alright though, got her over the barrier fairly quickly) Anyway, thought the gig was phenomenal. Hard to pick out a standout moment because it was just an all-round fun gig, and it was great to see the guys having so much fun too.

Not been in long, another FUCKING INCREDIBLE gig tonight. It actually managed to top Friday night for me, largely due to the fact that we were so much closer to the tonight - I was a bit concerned beforehand that from where we were (block 118) we were gonna be too far behind the stage to have a decent view - well turns out I needn't have worried cos the view from there was actually fucking awesome, and I was thrilled to see that Matt kept coming over to our side A LOT, including strutting his stuff round the walkway at the back of the stage (I loved that idea).

Highlights:

- New Born (am I the only one who didn't think there was anything wrong with the tempo?! :wtf:), and the riff after it

- Follow Me (one of my faves from T2L and was even better live, loved every second)

- Falling Down (wonderful, a really special moment)

- Supremacy (I'm just totally in love with that song, even more so now)

- MotP

- Panic Station (infectiously funky and just so much fun - if you can sit through that song and not move even just a little then you have no soul)

- Matt coming over to our side of the stage so much and having stood him dead facing us playing his guitar at a few points :eek:

Can't think of anything else to say now, must try and get some sleep.

He was really paying attention to you guys tonight. What was that leaning on the barrier for a rest/pose for photos :LOL: I can never hear what Matt says to the audience properly cos I'm a bit deaf (too many gigs kiddies, let this be a warning) and it sounds a bit muffled to me

Ahaha yeah he just stood there with a beaming smile for ages! :LOL: He tried to give every indiviudal rear block attention at some point, and watching him go mental during Liquid State was good fun too, all the dry ice made it look like our own private performance. :D

Does that win the award for the slowest tempo New Born ever? People weren't even moshing to the riff it was so slow, new red guitar looks ace though

Highlights:

I met Ffion in the crowd and a few theirs in the queue

Everyone screaming at thaat line in Falling Down

The headup riff at the end of New Born slightly redeemed it, beastly

The people in the mosh pit haha

The walking circle pit in man with a harmonica

And by extension you sort of met me. I was with Ffion.

The gig ended with my face on he screen!

Amazing gig, on the barrier in front the podium. Highlights were Falling Down, the riff after new Born was just :awesome:,Follow Me, Survival in fact everything was just perfect:D.

They looked so happy. So worth the one hours sleep in two days:LOL: Can't wait for Birmingham!

Ahaha yeah he just stood there with a beaming smile for ages! :LOL: He tried to give every indiviudal rear block attention at some point, and watching him go mental during Liquid State was good fun too, all the dry ice made it look like our own private performance. :D

You're so lucky. :D Everyone will be clamouring for the cheap tickets! :LOL:

I think it works well having a couple of songs where Matt isn't playing the guitar. Well in Follow Me, it was half way through before I noticed (or remembered). I think it was in Undisclosed Desires that Matt said "I love that I can do this". :happy: I think his enjoyment of that, and the band's enjoyment of the new songs, contributes to heightened energy in the whole gig. :happy:

New Born, weirdly for me, picked up after Chris went on a sprint round the bowl at the back of the stage, although the Headup riff was fucking heavy.

I don't know how I feel - had I not been wearing my earplugs until Uprising and not been irritated my camera randomly crashing during MOTP (and even more randomly restarting on the train back home) I might be saying different, although the show looked awesome, the songs sounded very nice, and Matt was pretty funny.

Maybe it was being reminded of ye Olde Muse - I was in the American Sports Bar by the O2 entrance for a little while before the gig started and they played so much old Muse. It was awesome.

by the way, did anyone see the man with harmonica and a guitar who was playing Map of Your Head at the tube station (N. Greenwich) right after the gig?

:)

Yes, we saw him!! :)

EDIT: I was also wondering if anyone went to American Bar & Grill (just inside the main entrance as you come into the O2) last night? They were playing loads of Muse classics before the show and they had a range of Muse-themed cocktails on the menu, all named after different songs! :awesome: Me and my mate both nicked a copy of the menu to keep :chuckle:

Well the rear view seat I had was rather better than I expected. They've perfected the stage design so the view was actually fantastic. I think they underpriced those seats. Not complaining though!

As for Muse, I wasn't really expecting much, but that was probably one of the better Muse gigs I've seen out of 13.

When did Matt Bellamy become an actual frontman?

And beatboxing? Just what? :LOL:

Edit: when I said underpriced the rear view seats, what I should have said is that the other tickets should have been nearer that price.

He was playing Creep by the time we got there.

He was playing Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones when I was passing through.

I was more impressed by the American Sports Bar & Grill by the entrance to the O2. Before the show, I went there for a drink and to watch a bit of the Man City-Swansea game. In all, they played Bliss, Citizen Erased, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia, Time is Running Out, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, half of Sunburn, Uprising, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome and New Born among others.

Fucking awesome, it definitely topped Friday for me but Friday was fucking awesome too!

We were at the front of block 107 last night so had an absolutely amazing view of the stage

The whole thing for me was one massive highlight, Liquid State totally made my night. It's my favourite track on the new album.

I am one very happy, proud Muser and this weekend has just been amazing :)

Archived