L.

Hurrah my tickets arrived today too! :happy:

They turned up in a rather nondescript envelope, in normal post. Bit of a letdown - I was expecting special courier and gold-trimmed stationery at least! :LOL:

(normally I have to sign for tix...)

That's normally how I get my tickets - I've never had to sign for gig tickets before. Although right now I'd be glad to get a ticket, wether it turns up in a normal envelope or is transported by owl post from Hogwarts.

By the way, is that a quote from the legendary Dr. Sheldon Cooper in your sig? :)

That's normally how I get my tickets - I've never had to sign for gig tickets before. Although right now I'd be glad to get a ticket, wether it turns up in a normal envelope or is transported by owl post from Hogwarts.

By the way, is that a quote from the legendary Dr. Sheldon Cooper in your sig? :)

Yes it is - well spotted! :D I love the Big Bang Theory :happy:

Got my tickets about a week ago now, rather excited. I am slightly concerned that I've elected to go to the "casual" night at the o2, I mean, judging by the second night syndrome of the last o2 gigs, most people are going to go for the 27th. Even Muselive lists the 27th as for the "real fans" D:

I know someone who's going to an o2 gig this year that represents all that is wrong with casual fans. He goes despite not really being into them, having Super Massive Black Hole as his favourite song and not even knowing what Origin Of Symmetry was... I just don't want to be surrounded by people like that, especially if they're going to talk all the way through. Gah, I'm so negative. XD

Not trying to say that fans aren't welcome, but when they're dragging down the atmosphere...

Got my tickets about a week ago now, rather excited. I am slightly concerned that I've elected to go to the "casual" night at the o2, I mean, judging by the second night syndrome of the last o2 gigs, most people are going to go for the 27th. Even Muselive lists the 27th as for the "real fans" D:

I know someone who's going to an o2 gig this year that represents all that is wrong with casual fans. He goes despite not really being into them, having Super Massive Black Hole as his favourite song and not even knowing what Origin Of Symmetry was... I just don't want to be surrounded by people like that, especially if they're going to talk all the way through. Gah, I'm so negative. XD

Not trying to say that fans aren't welcome, but when they're dragging down the atmosphere...

I went to the first night O2 in 09 and contrary to the whole 1st night not being for fans, the strangers around me really got in to it and were big fans. In fact the man next to me was so enthusiastic when Resistance came on, I had to watch out for his elbow! No one talked apart from inbetween the songs and that was how amazing the band/gig etc was. Even ended up sharing sweets (not that I encourage taking sweets from strangers:LOL:) and having chats. It was brill. So don't worry, I am sure it'll be fine.

Ooh, it sounds much more interesting now! Thanks for sharing your experience, are you lucky enough to be going to both nights? :D

26th is standing with my son but will swap for lower tier. 27th is block 402 which in itself is very close to the stage, I'd swap for a standing or lower tier. Anyway to be honest, I'm just glad to be going to any this tour.

I went to the first night O2 in 09 and contrary to the whole 1st night not being for fans, the strangers around me really got in to it and were big fans. In fact the man next to me was so enthusiastic when Resistance came on, I had to watch out for his elbow! No one talked apart from inbetween the songs and that was how amazing the band/gig etc was. Even ended up sharing sweets (not that I encourage taking sweets from strangers:LOL:) and having chats. It was brill. So don't worry, I am sure it'll be fine.

i must have been in the wrong stand cos everyone around me was just sat there like lemons. Then there was these people who only got up and started dancing during Starlight. Got told off by the o2 staff for moving so I could stand by the door area. That way wasn't in anyone's way. Sucked. Could hardly hear unintended over the talking.

Yet i find my self seated again for this gig. Hopefully 103 will be a better area than 401.

• 2 weeks later...

what an insult to fans!!!! what about the 'real fans' who sat at the computer for ages sweating over tickets and only being able/lucky to get the friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read an article where they said they're "planning something more spectacular for next summer", does this mean all we'll get is visuals for this tour? because thats quite disapointing if its the case

do you mean instead of a big production? I'd prefer it if we didn't have a big production, their better gigs are the stripped back ones.

Archived