L.

OF COURSE NOT! I'm not a pussy. :phu: But I was considering it. The band were fine but the pushing was NOT.

Leeds was the worst thing I've ever done. I got squeezed about 40 feet inch by inch down the barrier. Horrifying. Made me not do barrier for Reading because it was so unenjoyable. Ah well. :(

As this will be the first time I have been seated for Muse, I just wanted to get an idea of what a seated gig was like from anyone who's been before.

I imagine each gig is different and people just go with the flow, and I also appreciate people choose seating tickets as it offers a much more convenient and enjoyable gig (health reasons etc). I'm not going to be inconsiderate and block someones view just for my own benefit/enjoyment, but have people experienced others who are real strict about sitting down through the whole concert?

I'll be in the lower tier about halfway back, so still reasonably close to the action. Maybe with the scramble for tickets there will be a few more people who usually choose standing around me.

Leeds was the worst thing I've ever done. I got squeezed about 40 feet inch by inch down the barrier. Horrifying. Made me not do barrier for Reading because it was so unenjoyable. Ah well. :(

Ah Leeds :D Painful but good. Damaged my knee by having it banged repeatedly on the barrier by someone behind me but worth it. You going for barrier here then?

As this will be the first time I have been seated for Muse, I just wanted to get an idea of what a seated gig was like from anyone who's been before.

I imagine each gig is different and people just go with the flow, and I also appreciate people choose seating tickets as it offers a much more convenient and enjoyable gig (health reasons etc). I'm not going to be inconsiderate and block someones view just for my own benefit/enjoyment, but have people experienced others who are real strict about sitting down through the whole concert?

I'll be in the lower tier about halfway back, so still reasonably close to the action. Maybe with the scramble for tickets there will be a few more people who usually choose standing around me.

Having done mainly seated for the last few years due to health (but have now gone back to standing now I'm healed) I have never experienced people being arsey when I stand in seating. It's all been rather cool and the ability to stand to rock then sit in the interlude is lovely.

-----------

Have put my tickets on Musebay so me and my son can chill before the gig.

hey, this is my 10th muse gig and my 4th seated- i can honestly say that the seated muse gigs have been some of my favourite because i actually get to watch the show without being squashed to death (i dont mind at other gigs) but when its muse and bearing in mind that they are flippin amazing live and put on such a performance, i wanna see it! and i have always stood and jumped around and come away with neck ache lol. the people around me at all 4 muse seated gigs were doing the same i have never had grief!! you will have fun, DONT PANIC :-)

i actually get to watch the show without being squashed to death

This is what I'm looking forward to. xD In two years of gigging I've only ever been seated at one gig, but it was most enjoyable. Managed to get some good pictures/videos too, which you can't do all that well standing.

btw, I love your location... it's full of t*ts, f*nny and Millwall!

I've been seated at the O2 about 3 times, (Kasabian twice, and Gorillaz). The only people that have a problem with you standing are security!

However, if there is some miserable fucker telling me to sit down at a gig, I normally just tell them to do one... Except of course if they had a medical condition which meant they couldn't stand.

Thanks for your help guys :) Hopefully it will be like you've all said with no problems! I'm sure soon as Muse come on pretty much everyone will be up anyway!

I just mentioned it because previously at the O2 and Wembley I've had some sort of gravitational pull on smaller people, who always seem to end up standing behind me with the inevitable 'I wish this tall person would move' line :facepalm: Haha

When I saw Kasabian I was in one of the front 2 rows and everyone in the stand behind me (and also a fair amount of those in front) were up.

I've been fine with Arctic Monkeys and Muse at the O2 primarily because for both of them, I was in either the back row or the second-back row, and everyone else was stood and bouncing anyway.

Ah Leeds :D Painful but good. Damaged my knee by having it banged repeatedly on the barrier by someone behind me but worth it. You going for barrier here then?

Definitely. I did both Kasabian nights at the O2 and they had the most organized arena queue I've ever been a part of! I get bored in seats, and can't see anything in the back, so barrier OR DIE. :LOL: I've done a LOT of gigs, Muse or otherwise, and Leeds was unbearable (that includes center barrier for RATM, numerous fests, etc etc). I doubt the O2 will be half as bad. Hell, Wembley was comfortable because it had cushions! :awesome:

Definitely. I did both Kasabian nights at the O2 and they had the most organized arena queue I've ever been a part of!

In terms of the security staff, well, certainly those in charge of the queue and those on barrier, I don't think the O2 Arena can be beaten. I love the fact they are so strict about people not running once in the arena, you can almost stroll casually up to the barrier from the front of the queue :)

In terms of the security staff, well, certainly those in charge of the queue and those on barrier, I don't think the O2 Arena can be beaten. I love the fact they are so strict about people not running once in the arena, you can almost stroll casually up to the barrier from the front of the queue :)

And as you pointed out in FB you are at least undercover when Qing.

Rather excited for this, first time seeing Muse live. Does anyone have any predictions regarding setlist length? 30 song sets would be great but then, when do we ever get what we want?

It appears to start earlier than the last o2 shows, so we live in hope. :awesome:

it seriously doubt a 30 setlist gig as their maximum has been 22 or 23 i think, personally im just hoping for some old favorites.

Yeah, I think 30 songs would be a bit optimistic, I imagine it should be bumped somewhat, though. Judging from the trailer (which is never a good idea) it sounds like The 2nd Law should be a heavier album, not the heaviest, but more so than The Resistance. Perhaps some of the older tracks will fit in better with the new material. Fingers crossed for more Citizen Erased and less Guiding Light.

Oh, also, I believe I on the o2 stage map there was the main stage, and then a smaller (unconnected but also labelled as stage) segment on the other side of the arena. Perhaps they'll be playing songs in different areas. That'd be neat. Near block 110, too.

it seriously doubt a 30 setlist gig as their maximum has been 22 or 23 i think, personally im just hoping for some old favorites.

22 or 23 if for stadiums, I'll glad if we get 18 songs :LOL:

Yeah, I think 30 songs would be a bit optimistic, I imagine it should be bumped somewhat, though. Judging from the trailer (which is never a good idea) it sounds like The 2nd Law should be a heavier album, not the heaviest, but more so than The Resistance. Perhaps some of the older tracks will fit in better with the new material. Fingers crossed for more Citizen Erased and less Guiding Light.

This is what I've been thinking. Either CE will go redundant because of Unsustainable which I'm guessing he'll use the 7 string for, so that guitar will get used, which leaves CE to be dropped, or it will fit nicely after it in the setlist. I hope the latter.

I love the fact they are so strict about people not running once in the arena, you can almost stroll casually up to the barrier from the front of the queue :)

you cant run in the O2 arena?? hmmm takes a bit of the excitement away from bolting for the railings! it does make it safe though which should be in everyone's interests.

i dont suppose there will be any golden circles in any of the arenas? i know the floor space isnt necessarilly massive compared to that of a stadium

you cant run in the O2 arena?? hmmm takes a bit of the excitement away from bolting for the railings! it does make it safe though which should be in everyone's interests.

Especially when running down stairs. It always makes me worry that I will lose my footing and go tumbling down. I did that in a forest once on rough ground. Ouch.

Archived