To anyone who got a barrier spot, what time did you have to arrive at the venue? I was thinking about trying to get a spot on the "arrow" or in front of Matt.

At SECC we got there at 10:00 and there were about 20 already in the queue. We'd originally been told we would be let in first before anyone else but it did turn into a bit of a farce later on. They opened both the doors we had queued all day at as well as another set further down (we only got told of this change of plan about an hour before the doors opened). This meant we had more of a sprint than expected as people who'd queued from early/mid afternoon got let in at the same time as us via the other doors! Still managed barrier right in front of Chris though. :D

What a shite review. What annoyed me the most is the quote 'Bassist Chris Wolstenholme’s underpowered singing turn on Liquid State reveals Bellamy’s true value to the band, as a powerful vocal performer if not a magnetic frontman'. It must have taken a lot of guts to write 2 songs about alcoholism, yet alone sing them live!!!!

Anyway I thought it was amazing as always & look forward to my next gigs soon, hopefully at the bartier again :D:D

and then kept addressing the T crowd as Glasgow :LOL:

haha, his roadie must have written the name of the wrong city on the back of his guitar ;)

And about the SECC, everyone I know has always complained about the sound quality no matter what band they went to see. I thought it was ok, I couldn't make out some of the guitar parts at times but I thought that was maybe because of my position. Occasionally the vocals were a bit unclear too but I think that was more because everyone was singing along so loud. I agree that Isolated System felt a bit drowned out, it was pretty unclear and felt a bit weak with all the background noise.

It would have been great if The Hydro had been open in time for it but obviously it's still a fair bit of time before it's ready.

It would have been great if The Hydro had been open in time for it but obviously it's still a fair bit of time before it's ready.

Yup, just look at this image of what the inside looks like. It's almost like the inside of a UFO, Matt will love it :LOL:

artist-impression-02-big.jpg

Plus the standing area isn't huge which is great if you get a ticket for that area. :D

The times I've been it's been placed in the middle of the back wall, with the seating around it in a U shape.

Like this, but instead of seats at the flat level that is where the standing area is.

hall4seated8200fromleft.jpg

The atmosphere in the SECC is never good, but with the stage stuck in the corner it just seemed awful further back.

I can't picture that for some reason! I thought it was just in the same position as in that photo except without any of the seating. Can you describe where the stage would have been in that photo from Wednesday night?

Yup, just look at this image of what the inside looks like. It's almost like the inside of a UFO, Matt will love it :LOL:

artist-impression-02-big.jpg

Plus the standing area isn't huge which is great if you get a ticket for that area. :D

haha you're right, it looks amazing, absolutely perfect for a Muse gig! :LOL:

They should get Muse in to do a special opening gig when it's ready!

I can't picture that for some reason! I thought it was just in the same position as in that photo except without any of the seating. Can you describe where the stage would have been in that photo from Wednesday night?

It would have been further to the right hand side at the back wall, almost in the corner. The stage was at an angle but it wasn't facing fully out into the centre. Meaning really if you were at the left of the hall you had a really bad view.

Whilst I would have loved a Showbiz song, I am pretty happy that Glasgow got something else special. Its rare for Muse to drop a wee surprise like that. So playing RBS when people were expecting a Showbiz song was nice. Would have loved something off Showbiz, but it makes Glasgow a bit different from the other shows so far.

Although 5gigs and that happens, I can see why you're not happy about it!

Just returned from doing Glasgow and both O2 dates one after the other and every show was brilliant. But I think If I had to choose a favourite id probably say Glasgow.. it might be partly to do with being on the barrier for this one but I thought the energy of the performances was fantastic, and Ruled by Secrecy!!

So great to have seen all 3 piano songs over the 3 dates (RBS, Sunburn & Falling Down). Really happy about that.

I see some of you are asking what Matt said before Animals, well I have the clip recorded so will upload it in abit :) Was funny :LOL:

Highliiiights... Matt coming down during Undisclosed, Ruled by secrecy (excellent performance! and heard it 3 times that night if you count the 2 during soundcheck, it was very clear), Liquid State (Chris was really into it getting the crowd all pumped for it before the song kicked in, in a "come on!" hand gesture kinda way).

Met some lovely people on the barrier, so that was nice too.

Heres a few pics:

picture.php?albumid=3099&pictureid=34199

picture.php?albumid=3099&pictureid=34200

picture.php?albumid=3099&pictureid=34201

picture.php?albumid=3099&pictureid=34202

picture.php?albumid=3099&pictureid=34203

picture.php?albumid=3099&pictureid=34204

So yeah, loved it! One of the best Muse gigs I've been to for sure!

Just returned from doing Glasgow and both O2 dates one after the other and every show was brilliant. But I think If I had to choose a favourite id probably say Glasgow.. it might be partly to do with being on the barrier for this one but I thought the energy of the performances was fantastic, and Ruled by Secrecy!!

So great to have seen all 3 piano songs over the 3 dates (RBS, Sunburn & Falling Down). Really happy about that.

I see some of you are asking what Matt said before Animals, well I have the clip recorded so will upload it in abit :) Was funny :LOL:

Highliiiights... Matt coming down during Undisclosed, Ruled by secrecy (excellent performance! and heard it 3 times that night if you count the 2 during soundcheck, it was very clear), Liquid State (Chris was really into it getting the crowd all pumped for it before the song kicked in, in a "come on!" hand gesture kinda way).

Met some lovely people on the barrier, so that was nice too.

So yeah, loved it! One of the best Muse gigs I've been to for sure!

Where you in the queue early on. did you have a number on your hand. I was no 23. How did we miss each other?

Archived