Last night was my first MUSE gig and it deffo wont be my last, it was absolutely AWSUM even for someone in their 60th year !!!

The whole experience was brilliant, just blew me away !

Next weeks gig in Edinburgh (Shinedown) will be a bit of a come down but still looking forward to it in a different sort of way !

:D

This made me even more excited than I am already :D We are staying in Birmingham 2 nights to make it less of a long drive and more of a holiday with MUSE thrown in!! Were you near the front? What were the crowd like? We plan to get there really early so we can be at the front, but I don't fancy being crushed too much! The crowd at Leeds were great so I'm hoping it will be civilised this time too :happy:.

I plan on seeing them next year too, so NOT too long to wait!

I thought I was going to be really far back as we arrived at 7.15 and people had been there since the morning but I was slightly to the left (matts side) and pretty far forward! If I had been a bit taller my view would have been amazing :LOL: i do slightly regret not trying to get further forward but that would have been really unfair on the people I pushed infront of I guess. The crowd was really good :D singing to pretty much everything and alot of jumping at the front and EVERYONE jumped during TIRO :awesome:

It was a really good view, a few people jumping around, more of them were singing but I'd say I was the most lively out of them all haha, I was so hyped & excited because it was my first gig ever ! :D

THIS!

He said Animal was dedicated to "Fred the Shred" and then called him a "fucking wee shite" in a scottish accent. VVVVV funny!!!!!!:LOL:

Omg that was the best :LOL:

He said this song is dedicated to Fred someone in a funny voice (apparently a MA banker)

I'm almost certain he said "this song is dedicated to Fred the wee f*cker" in a really bad scottish accent, as I turned to the friend i was with and we both burst out laughing, so he heard the same thing :LOL:

I'm almost certain he said "this song is dedicated to Fred the wee f*cker" in a really bad scottish accent, as I turned to the friend i was with and we both burst out laughing, so he heard the same thing :LOL:

Someone's already said what he said on the last page :)

I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy it as much as previous Muse gigs. From walking away last night a lot of people were thinking the same as me too. The setlist was average I thought, I know it's The 2nd Law tour, but I felt they played too much from the new album and not enough of a good mix of older songs.

Plus I don't know who decided to shove the stage in the corner of the room and do away with the seats but it was a stupid idea. I felt the stage looked out of place in the corner and from where we were standing a lot of the roof framework was blocking the giant pyramid.

Judging by the posts so far it seems that anyone who enjoyed it was at the front or near enough. It seems like the atmosphere was different further back. The sound quality in the SECC is never good, but it was worse tonight which again I think was due to the stage in the corner of the room. Also by not having the seats it probably meant the sound had more of the room to fill, so it lost a lot of it's "edge".

It also didn't help that during a lot of the slower paced songs a lot of people took it upon themselves to talk to each other, totally ruining it for me :rolleyes:

We started the gig at Chris' side near the back. The crowd was dead and the view was horrendous, we couldn't see the screens at all around the stage. We moved to the rear centre, but again, the screens weren't visible. We ended up at Matt's side and went in at the front. Again, we couldn't see the screens even though we were really close to the stage. The sound wasn't the best either, we got a near-good sound when we went up front but I have experienced better. The atmosphere WAS different depending on where you were and yes, there were a lot of slower moments ruined by people talking, I also admit that I was one of thost talking at points because the music was almost like background music. Even when we were up front I didn't experience my usual 'goosebumps'.

The SECC is pretty much always terrible at the back. We had to move during map because everyone was static. But once you were in the crowd proper the atmosphere was pretty ace. Sound was good for the most part but strings all seemed to feel a bit.. Washed out. Was really noticeable during isolated system, but that's just the shiftiness of the SECC to blame more than anything.

Agreed, this was my 11th Muse gig and by far my worst sound-wise. Set list-wise I have no grumbles whatsoever.

They came on at 8:50, which caught a few people by surprise and it finished around 10:40-45.

They were very early on and thanks for giving us the end time.

Last night was my first MUSE gig and it deffo wont be my last, it was absolutely AWSUM even for someone in their 60th year !!!

The whole experience was brilliant, just blew me away !

Next weeks gig in Edinburgh (Shinedown) will be a bit of a come down but still looking forward to it in a different sort of way !

:D

So glad you enjoyed your first Muse experience, you will now be totally addicted and will spend all your spare time and money on them - BE WARNED!!!!:LOL:

This wasn't my favourite venue- the sound was bad and I couldn't see the screens wherever I stood so I can't wait for Manchester next week. We'll be sitting so I hope I will be able to see the show in its entirety.

We started the gig at Chris' side near the back. The crowd was dead and the view was horrendous, we couldn't see the screens at all around the stage. We moved to the rear centre, but again, the screens weren't visible. We ended up at Matt's side and went in at the front. Again, we couldn't see the screens even though we were really close to the stage. The sound wasn't the best either, we got a near-good sound when we went up front but I have experienced better. The atmosphere WAS different depending on where you were and yes, there were a lot of slower moments ruined by people talking, I also admit that I was one of thost talking at points because the music was almost like background music. Even when we were up front I didn't experience my usual 'goosebumps'.

Agreed, this was my 11th Muse gig and by far my worst sound-wise. Set list-wise I have no grumbles whatsoever.

They were very early on and thanks for giving us the end time.

So glad you enjoyed your first Muse experience, you will now be totally addicted and will spend all your spare time and money on them - BE WARNED!!!!:LOL:

This wasn't my favourite venue- the sound was bad and I couldn't see the screens wherever I stood so I can't wait for Manchester next week. We'll be sitting so I hope I will be able to see the show in its entirety.

I'm glad (in an odd way) that I wasn't the only one on here who had a similar experience last night, although I wish we hadn't. We had to stay nearer the rear as a couple of people in our group are short and so wouldn't see anything if we forced our way into the crowd.

Normally when the seats are there, even if your at the rear of the standing area your not that far back compared to last night. Just a shame they decided to do away with the seating.

I think the problem for me is I'm spoiled after seeing them in Wembley the other year :p

The SECC in general is just a terrible venue, I'm so glad we will have the new arena next year. That thing looks massive now when standing at the side of it, Muse will be amazing in there.

I really enjoyed last night, Im not a boffin about Arena sound quality or anything and the way I saw it was that I knew what the song was and I was enjoying it.

Got caught in the middle of the hall where the mosh pits started and did get a bit tired of the drunken fannies not even looking at the stage but hey ho that's what happens. My dad came with us aswell so I was kind of worried about him cause he's relatively short and I'm really bad for getting worried and paranoid :LOL:

Got a few pictures, nothing like some posted on here already though :(

Back to good old Hall 4 on my birthday for Michael McIntyre and hopefully gonna grab some Biffy tickets tomorrow morning after missing the presale :(

Heres the photos and videos:

I think my favoure has to be the one during Isolated System of the woman screaming :LOL:

Unsustainable -

Uprising -

Knights -

Survival -

Was at the SECC last night and loved it!! Have been a major Muse fan for about 12 years but hadn't seen them live before so was massively excited about it obviously lol

Amazing night all round - was quite near the front (right of the stage) and had a pretty good view then ended up quite near the back just in time for the lasers which was probably a good place to be for that really! Managed to squeeze back down near the front/side again for a wee while near the end so all good.

Thought the sound quality was pretty good really and the lasers were brilliant! My night could only have been better had I been RIGHT at the front in time to grab Matt when he went walkabout ;) HAVE to see them again now - AMAZING!!

I have a feeling the Hydro right across from it will be much better for Concerts than the SECC, seeing as that's what it's being built for

speaking to some of the builders outside, i thought a guy said the venue will hold 30k people and is built for concerts and sporting events.

And it was very nice to say hello to mr and mrs Kopite :D

i saw the tattoos!

speaking to some of the builders outside, i thought a guy said the venue will hold 30k people and is built for concerts and sporting events.

And it was very nice to say hello to mr and mrs Kopite :D

i saw the tattoos!

It's a maximum of 12k fully seated.

Looking at the drawings of the inside, the standing area doesn't look that big. Should hopefully mean everyone gets a good view :LOL:

So, I'm still in amazement at the gig! Fifth Muse concert now, and it's probably the best I've seen, everything was better than anything I've seen before. The set was fantastic, the stage looked incredible, and Matt seemed to be having a good night! Also loved Dom's laugh when Matt was off into the Pit.

Got such a shock when they came on though. I was down at The Solid Rock Bar with a mate for drinks before, and decided to just skip the support act. Got to the SECC at about half 8 and upon noticing the inside bar was packed tried to get out and go to the Upper Bar, but were told we were not allowed to. So started walking from Chris' side, to Matts hoping the bar over there would be quieter. Got halfway across, and the lights dropped! Cannot remember being at a gig, and the main act coming on ten minutes early. Had a decent spot about 2/3 of the way from the front. Everyone around me was fairly static apart from myself and some lass behind me - we both sung every word and jumped throughout.

Was also my mates first Muse gig and he absolutely loved it! He's a film student and kept going on about how impressive he found the visuals, with the pre-cut footage blending with the live camera's and such. So glad he enjoyed myself. And looking forward to Dom's comment about "seeing us next year".

With the path T has being going down, I'm not so sure. Kinda hoping it's not, would be such a repeat of 09/10, and would definitely prefer more than 1 Arena/1 Festival Scottish gig every 3 year period. I reckon it's about time they played a Stadium up here, Murrayfield has held some big names lately.

That said, I'm more than happy at the prospect of them returning so soon, so will snap a ticket no matter whether it's T or another Tour.

Yeh, I feel the exact same. Been to 5 festivals, and every time I come back saying never again. Ended up going to T2010 and Reading'11 just for Muse, so hoping more than anything for a Scottish Stadium or second Arena show.

If it turns out to be a festival, then I'll most likely end up going, but sure as hell will be getting a Day Ticket as opposed to camping this time. May only be 21, but already feeling like I'm too old for that. Especially with some of the complete arseholes that are becoming more and more common at T. The decision to stay in a Hotel over the Reading fesitval was one of the best I've ever made.

Archived