Absolutely brilliant. Ruled by Secrecy is actually amazing, it was quite unexpected!

Overall great night, good set-list, good crowd by the sounds of it :)

But I'm fuckin knackered this morning :chuckle:

Matt said something before Animals, did anyone know what it was? I couldn't really make it out lol

Absolutely brilliant. Ruled by Secrecy is actually amazing, it was quite unexpected!

Overall great night, good set-list, good crowd by the sounds of it :)

But I'm fuckin knackered this morning :chuckle:

Matt said something before Animals, did anyone know what it was? I couldn't really make it out lol

Ruked by Secrecy is always amazing live. Loved it at Wembley too! Although I could hardly hear it coz of the 2 nutters beside me having an argument. I just sung right over the top of them lol!

Ruled by Secrecy is always amazing live. Loved it at Wembley too! Although I could hardly hear it coz of the 2 nutters beside me having an argument. I just sung right over the top of them lol!

Unlucky! Good thing just sing over them :LOL: As long as it didn't ruin it for you though.

Dom said "see you next year!" too hmm maybe T? or they're including Scotland in a stadium tour??

The lasers in Madness are so amazing too! Omg I couldn't take my eyes off them :p

Unlucky! Good thing just sing over them :LOL: As long as it didn't ruin it for you though.

Dom said "see you next year!" too hmm maybe T? or they're including Scotland in a stadium tour??

The lasers in Madness are so amazing too! Omg I couldn't take my eyes off them :p

No it didnt! :)

Yeah I thought the lasers were amazing too. Defo think the stage was best yet!!!!

I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy it as much as previous Muse gigs. From walking away last night a lot of people were thinking the same as me too. The setlist was average I thought, I know it's The 2nd Law tour, but I felt they played too much from the new album and not enough of a good mix of older songs.

Plus I don't know who decided to shove the stage in the corner of the room and do away with the seats but it was a stupid idea. I felt the stage looked out of place in the corner and from where we were standing a lot of the roof framework was blocking the giant pyramid.

Judging by the posts so far it seems that anyone who enjoyed it was at the front or near enough. It seems like the atmosphere was different further back. The sound quality in the SECC is never good, but it was worse tonight which again I think was due to the stage in the corner of the room. Also by not having the seats it probably meant the sound had more of the room to fill, so it lost a lot of it's "edge".

It also didn't help that during a lot of the slower paced songs a lot of people took it upon themselves to talk to each other, totally ruining it for me :rolleyes:

Edited by Red Arrow

I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy it as much as previous Muse gigs. From walking away last night a lot of people were thinking the same as me too. The setlist was average I thought, I know it's The 2nd Law tour, but I felt they played too much from the new album and not enough of a good mix of older songs.

Plus I don't know who decided to shove the stage in the corner of the room and do away with the seats but it was a stupid idea. I felt the stage looked out of place in the corner and from where we were standing a lot of the roof framework was blocking the giant pyramid.

Judging by the posts so far it seems that anyone who enjoyed it was at the front or near enough. It seems like the atmosphere was different further back. The sound quality in the SECC is never good, but it was worse tonight which again I think was due to the stage in the corner of the room. Also by not having the seats it probably meant the sound had more of the room to fill, so it lost a lot of it's "edge".

It also didn't help that during a lot of the slower paced songs a lot of people took it upon themselves to talk to each other, totally ruining it for me :rolleyes:

The SECC is pretty much always terrible at the back. We had to move during map because everyone was static. But once you were in the crowd proper the atmosphere was pretty ace. Sound was good for the most part but strings all seemed to feel a bit.. Washed out. Was really noticeable during isolated system, but that's just the shiftiness of the SECC to blame more than anything.

I'm the same, I can never make out what Matt says when he speaks during a gig tbh!

I agree, the laser show during madness was brilliant, I spent most of the song watching them!

Whereabouts is the stage usually placed in relation to where it was last night? I've not been to the SECC that often.

Whereabouts is the stage usually placed in relation to where it was last night? I've not been to the SECC that often.

The times I've been it's been placed in the middle of the back wall, with the seating around it in a U shape.

Like this, but instead of seats at the flat level that is where the standing area is.

hall4seated8200fromleft.jpg

The atmosphere in the SECC is never good, but with the stage stuck in the corner it just seemed awful further back.

I'm the same, I can never make out what Matt says when he speaks during a gig tbh!

I agree, the laser show during madness was brilliant, I spent most of the song watching them!

He's a nutter :chuckle: That chequered jacket is brilliant though :LOL:

:awesome:

How was your view, where were you standing? I was around the middle closer to the front than the back. Brilliant view! :)

Heya,

Due to see Muse next Thurs at MEN just wondering what time the gig last night finished at so I plan how to get home!!

Thanks

Heya,

Due to see Muse next Thurs at MEN just wondering what time the gig last night finished at so I plan how to get home!!

Thanks

They came on at 8:50, which caught a few people by surprise and it finished around 10:40-45.

Just got to say...last nights gig was EPIC! Possibly the best Muse gig I've been to so far :D

I wasn't too sure how it was going to be, what with a lot of the new tracks being slower and less 'rocky' than we're used to...but the laser show took it to a whole new level.

They came on at 8:50, which caught a few people by surprise and it finished around 10:40-45.

Thats great thank you so much!

I'm not sure at all, but he might have said "Animals" in gaelic (in Paris, he said it in french.. Well sort of).

Hmmm... I heard : this song is called animals, or as you would say ............ (I think that's what I heard) then after that I had no idea :LOL:

But I'm sure Dom said at the end "see you next year" wonder what that will hint at :):eek:

But I'm sure Dom said at the end "see you next year" wonder what that will hint at :):eek:

At the end of the gig in Madrid last Saturday, Matt said "maybe see you next summer" which got everyone talking: it could have been a general 'throwaway' comment, or should we read into it?

Hmmm... I heard : this song is called animals, or as you would say ............ (I think that's what I heard) then after that I had no idea :LOL:

Was that not where he broke out the terrible Scottish accent? :p

Was that not where he broke out the terrible Scottish accent? :p

:chuckle: I think it was, it's just struggling to hear what he actually said is the problem :p

Sounds to me like they're starting to weed out their older songs and focusing more on their post-Absolution era. Hysteria is being swapped every other night for Map of the Problematique, and New Born is being swapped for Stockholm Syndrome. Even though SS is an Absolution song, it is still replacing New Born, a classic staple up until this point. With the absence of Hysteria and New Born, I fear we can start saying bye-bye to pre-BHR Muse.