Sign in to follow this  

Is it possible to make it so that Vimeo videos can be embedded like youtube clips?

The videos can be embedded and come supplied with their own embed html code. It wouldn't be that hard to allow them to be embedded in here would they?

on the topic of embedded video's... couldn't we get a button to embed youtube links? It's kinda annoying to type [ yt ] [ / yt ] all the time:$

Are they the ones that are much better quality than youchoob?

EDIT - yes they are, I remember the boyface getting one for his films a while ago.

Aboslutely, They can go up to the maximum of HD1080.

on the topic of embedded video's... couldn't we get a button to embed youtube links? It's kinda annoying to type [ yt ] [ / yt ] all the time:$

really? it's 9 characters :p at the mo i dont want to make any template changes for a bit (after having to edit 100's and 100's of them over the weekend, so you made that request at the wrong time!

regarding vimeos, i don't see the demand for it to be honest, we cater for youtube because of the amount of youtube links, if the same happens with vimeo then i'll consider it but i dont want to slip into the problem of trying to support loads of video sites if possible.

really? it's 9 characters :p at the mo i dont want to make any template changes for a bit (after having to edit 100's and 100's of them over the weekend, so you made that request at the wrong time!

regarding vimeos, i don't see the demand for it to be honest, we cater for youtube because of the amount of youtube links, if the same happens with vimeo then i'll consider it but i dont want to slip into the problem of trying to support loads of video sites if possible.

is just 2 more ;) but okay ;):(

Isn't there a way of getting better quality youtubes anyway? You add something to the URL iirc...

I think for certain channels they offer "HD Quality" videos that are never 450i let alone HD quality. Fecking youtube.

It's a shame stage6 shut down, that was a great fast loading near HD quality video service.

is just 2 more ;) but okay ;):(

indeed but doesn't everyone who's used a computer for more than a min just type the img tags :p

I think for certain channels they offer "HD Quality" videos that are never 450i let alone HD quality. Fecking youtube.

It's a shame stage6 shut down, that was a great fast loading near HD quality video service.

For new vids in youtube, you can click "Watch in High Quality" below video

Indeed, though Vimeo is the new Stage6. You can basically download any HD video and watch it at maximum quality on a HD1080 tv screen.

just copy and paste the link... it will only be a click away for people that will want to watch.

indeed, only if there's a lot of links to vimeo stuff will it justify the need to have it embeddable