Remember when Supermassive Black Hole came out?

Clunge

I remember reading the old forums, and to my surprise everyone thought Absolution was shit. :LOL:

It's just a change process. Musers are often quite resistant to change, but years down the track we'll all be saying "Why don't we have more TSL-style dubstep instead of this nonsense?"

thank god! It gets on mah tits

There isn't much that gets on my tits when it comes to muse, but people making full on judgmental statements based on a reactionary opinion, without any basis or knowledge of what an album will sound like is one of em.

There isn't much that gets on my tits when it comes to muse, but people making full on judgmental statements based on a reactionary opinion, without any basis or knowledge of what an album will sound like is one of em.

Same, I like the vid, and it's only 2 mins long. People making statements like 'muse have gone dubstep hate it' piss me off. A) I wouldn't call that dubstep - it's like some of the riffs they do, just with the robotic voice I am guessing is purely for the trailer and B) its only one song! It's a completely different direction so far and I am really optimistic!

Also the supermassive black hole hate just proves how some people need to wait before they judge

I'm guessing some people hated Origin of Symmetry when that came out, way before TiRO's, SMBH's and Uprising's.

Either way dubstep, a genre I find uncomfortable to listen to, is a worrying development. Heavy rock with an electronic feel might work though - something like the Prodigy or a heavier version of Kasabian, possibly. But a 2 minute trailer is not the way to judge - an actual track is.

Can't be any worse than Guiding Light though, can it?

I remember BH&R was pretty looked down upon until The Resistance came out, then thoughts of it seemed to have gone up (or the complainers just jumped ship entirely).

So maybe if the new album is shit we'll think TR is amazing :awesome:

Remember when "You Fucking Motherfucker" was discovered :LOL::LOL:

but SMBH was a major shock, this recent musestep is nothing compared to that, especially since that time we had Who Knows Who, USOE and IBTY

and Kaoss pad jam

Archived