The first law?

kev

we have not heard anything affirmative about that. and if it was, it would be called "the 2nd law of thermodynamics"

Matt's tweets were about thermodynamics. The news reporter was reading the same thing. The countdown has entropy next to it. I don't think it can get any more confirmed than that.

I wrote this elsewhere:

(summat)

Matt, consult a physicist like myself or Shrinking Universe next time :LOL:

Fair point and I agree with your argument, but in reality it doesn't matter if he's wrong, just as long as the music's ace. Besides, plenty of decent sci-fi and disaster stories are premised on a load of balls ;)

I think robots would make sense. I know it's cringey, but I'm gonna go out there and say they might've struck on that theme (if that's it) because of its ties to the electronic direction.

Maybe Knights of Cydonia was about the Cydonia that isn't on Mars but a different one that isn't on the album cover. It isn't called "Knights of Cydonia on Mars". It's open to interpretation.

Maybe HAARP stands for Hyper Active Audio Re-play and has nothing to do with the H.A.A.R.P. installation. It isn't called "The US Air Force ionospheric research facility HAARP". It's open to interpretation.

Maybe Stockholm Syndrome isn't about the condition known as Stockholm Syndrome from the hostage event in Stockholm. It isn't called "The psychological condition called Stockholm Syndrome where you fall in love with your captor". It's open to interpretation.

This is a fun game.

Baldrick, you wouldn't see a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Cunning plans are here again!"

:LOL:

I'm going to sing that all day now.

Maybe Stockholm Syndrome isn't about the condition known as Stockholm Syndrome from the hostage event in Stockholm. It isn't called "The psychological condition called Stockholm Syndrome where you fall in love with your captor". It's open to interpretation.

This is a fun game.

I always thought that was about propaganda and surveillance- Stockholm Syndrome on a national scale or greater.

I want this to be based on the Asimov Laws- we get plenty of this neo-Malthusian stuff from other bands.

Seems like a The Resistance style statement to me.

"Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium -- the state of maximum entropy of the system"

Entropy means disorder or chaos, so it looks to me like a reference to the banking crisis and london riots etc.

So yeah I expect more lyrics in line with the songs on TR. With more wub-wub this time though, apparently.

I love the WUB WUB. Beats DERG DERG every time :p

Matt's tweets were about thermodynamics. The news reporter was reading the same thing. The countdown has entropy next to it. I don't think it can get any more confirmed than that.

So what? now we are completely abiding by his tweets, it's kind of narrow-minded

I swear to God this board is getting dumber by the minute.

since 2009 you mean? :rolleyes:

Maybe Knights of Cydonia was about the Cydonia that isn't on Mars but a different one that isn't on the album cover. It isn't called "Knights of Cydonia on Mars". It's open to interpretation.

Maybe HAARP stands for Hyper Active Audio Re-play and has nothing to do with the H.A.A.R.P. installation. It isn't called "The US Air Force ionospheric research facility HAARP". It's open to interpretation.

This is a fun game.

and what is H8?? and why? is there a dissertation on that topic???

I always thought that was about propaganda and surveillance- Stockholm Syndrome on a national scale or greater.

I want this to be based on the Asimov Laws- we get plenty of this neo-Malthusian stuff from other bands.

exactly, just like MK Ultra is related to 1984 only in a general sense of mind control

Archived