Huh a tribute band called Mused is playing one of my local music venues on February 12th. Anyone hear them? They any good?

... well at the least they'd be much cheaper than the real thing. :chuckle:

There's a few videos of them up on Youtube. Pretty cringe imo, but I always tend to think that about tribute bands.

Whatever happened to that lecture Matt was rumoured to do?

Wasn't it supposed to take place in February?

Just saw this. It was meant to be in April 2014. It also wasn't just a rumour - it was at least confirmed by the university at one point, but Matt pulled out which they blamed on the unpredictability of celebrities schedules. Tbf they've gotten much higher profile people than Matt before and since; just last week they had Tim Cook in for a lecture.

There's a few videos of them up on Youtube. Pretty cringe imo, but I always tend to think that about tribute bands.

They don't really seem all that great to me either, I was on their website and the instruments seem off to me. Kinda like their drummer has waaaay too many moongels on his snare, plus their bassist can't seem to get a grip see what i did there on Chris' sound from what I could tell. Maybe its just because no one can really imitate Matt's voice as well as they think they can?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I thought "Fuck Mushroom" was a diss at their Showbiz/OoS-era label, but I might be reading too much into it.

The same wankers who didn't want falsetto in Origin and then didn't release the album in USA? Makes sense.

...but you just ruined a wonderful theory.

Does anyone else remember all the pages and pages of theories about how the 0615 on a picture of a drone on Muse's Instagram DIDN'T mean it was coming out in June...?

Ah, album build-up memories <3

Always a weirdly sensitive hotspot of nostalgia for me, even when the last one was only a year ago :chuckle:

The same wankers who didn't want falsetto in Origin and then didn't release the album in USA? Makes sense.

...but you just ruined a wonderful theory.

Nah that was Maverick. I think Mushroom was their UK label before they joined Warner.

Yeah forevermusic is clearly reading too much into it. It's definitely the next album title.

Awesome.

Does anyone else remember all the pages and pages of theories about how the 0615 on a picture of a drone on Muse's Instagram DIDN'T mean it was coming out in June...?

:LOL:

My favourite reaction was how everybody were talking about bees.

tbf, people working for the band were posting bee photos, and the idea of the bee drone (even if it's a misconception) and the worker drone DOES fit in with Drones.

I envision a stage recalling a panopticon-hive, with our three guys dressed as busy bees and surrounded by huge, fake bees with composite LED screens as their eyes flying around and scaring the hell out of the attendees.

At the end of the concert, then, they would drop real honey on the grossed out crowd.

I envision a stage recalling a panopticon-hive, with our three guys dressed as busy bees and surrounded by huge, fake bees with composite LED screens as their eyes flying around and scaring the hell out of the attendees.

At the end of the concert, then, they would drop real honey on the grossed out crowd.

I have absolutely no doubt something like this is going to happen eventually at the rate Muse is going.

God I hate bees.

I have absolutely no doubt something like this is going to happen eventually at the rate Muse is going.

God I hate bees.

I would be amazed-embarassed-hysterically dumbfonded at the same time with such a concept... But I wouldn't certainly attend a single gig because of the same reasons, too.

And if the concept album had used pidgeons as the central metaphorical figure... for goodness sake, it would have been worse to me!

I would be amazed-embarassed-hysterically dumbfonded at the same time with such a concept... But I wouldn't certainly attend a single gig because of the same reasons, too.

And if the concept album had used pidgeons as the central metaphorical figure... for goodness sake, it would have been worse to me!

For reference, how did you feel about live action bankers, chicks drinking gasoline, and that under the stage coffin scene?

As stage stunts, they were... fine to me, I guess. A bit weird and off-putting, sometimes (the coffins among them all), but fine. Why are you asking?

Just curious, nothing sinister.

I just thought it was a bit of a low point for the band, myself. Not much they could do would really surprise me anymore, likely.

Archived