Oh no! my company have sent me to Dublin to work this week!

What's a girl to do? he he he ... I've just bought myself a ticket, I wonder if I can charge it to company expenses?

:LOL: That's amazing, well done! And tickets are still on sale, didn't think that would be the case. Ah well , more room for us :D

Fair enough. Is it controlled entry to the golden circle, ie wristbands and security guards, or just a second barrier like at festivals?

Yea, wristbands you get in the quene. You ain't getting in unless you have one. Trust me, I've tried haha.

Yea, wristbands you get in the quene. You ain't getting in unless you have one. Trust me, I've tried haha.

Haha, I'll still try, I think. I managed it for Wembley last year, so as long as there's a tiny chance I'll give it a go.

Failing that, is there usually still a good amount of action and movement at the front of the main part of the crowd?

I wonder how long they will last-

I hope to be there by noon!!

Well, the gates don't open till 5.30, so they'd be giving them out a short time before that. If you're there by 12 I'd say you'll have no trouble getting in.

Golden circle is the area closest to the stage at the front where you get a wristband to get it. Theres then another barrier behind that where the rest of the crowd are...um..that make sense? :erm:

Does anybody know if you can get the Luas and walk to Marlay Park from one of the stops? I work near one of the stops and don't really want to go all the way into town to head out again. Don't mind if it's a bit of a walk.

According to Dublin Bus' site, there are special buses leaving Burgh Quay and it's only €6 return:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/marlay_park.asp

Well, the gates don't open till 5.30, so they'd be giving them out a short time before that. If you're there by 12 I'd say you'll have no trouble getting in.

Golden circle is the area closest to the stage at the front where you get a wristband to get it. Theres then another barrier behind that where the rest of the crowd are...um..that make sense? :erm:

Yeah ok I thought that is what it was. So it's basically a first come first serve basis? Are we sure they'll be one tomorrow though?

hey all. Just back from a recon at marlay. Apologies for the small pics, they were taken with my phone.

Basically, the stage looks like this:

2h4z6g5_th.jpg

There was some flooding, but it got personally approved by my dog :D

35bazqu_th.jpg

Generally seems like it'll be excellent. a few bars, food stands etc. Just thought i'd throw in my various travel tips etc. The easiest bus to get there is the 16, as it stops OUTSIDE the enterance to marlay. Marlay park is on Grange Road, so if you go to http://www.dublinbus.ie , and type in Grange Road as your destination, it'll give you a list of busses. Alternatively, pm me with the name of where you're staying, and i'll advise you.

As for pubs before and after, there is a big pub called The Eden across from marlay. It won pub of the year, and is always good craic. Club wise after, you're best off getting the 16 into town and aiming for O'connell bridge area. That puts you in walking distance of the top clubs (XXI, Q-Bar, and The Purdy Kitchen are all excellent, although the Purdy Kitchen is the best.) Pubs in town, Eamon Dorans in Temple Bar is generally very popular amongst music people, and there's a few from Kit and Tab Forums going.

Any other questions, feel free to pm me. :)

Is everyone going out tonight though??

hey all. Just back from a recon at marlay. Apologies for the small pics, they were taken with my phone.

2h4z6g5_th.jpg

35bazqu_th.jpg

Generally seems like it'll be excellent. a few bars, food stands etc. Just thought i'd throw in my various travel tips etc. The easiest bus to get there is the 16, as it stops OUTSIDE the enterance to marlay. Marlay park is on Grange Road, so if you go to http://www.dublinbus.ie , and type in Grange Road as your destination, it'll give you a list of busses. Alternatively, pm me with the name of where you're staying, and i'll advise you.

As for pubs before and after, there is a big pub called The Eden across from marlay. It won pub of the year, and is always good craic. Club wise after, you're best off getting the 16 into town and aiming for O'connell bridge area. That puts you in walking distance of the top clubs (XXI, Q-Bar, and The Purdy Kitchen are all excellent, although the Purdy Kitchen is the best.) Pubs in town, Eamon Dorans in Temple Bar is generally very popular amongst music people, and there's a few from Kit and Tab Forums going.

Thanks for that. So no ground covering then?

doesn't look like it. Surprisingly small area for the estimated 20,000 +

When you get there it will probably look a lot bigger I reckon. Victoria Park is the same capacity and I was shocked that a 20,000 capacity field could look so big. :LOL:

2h4z6g5_th.jpg

35bazqu_th.jpg

Cheers for the info. Is the ground in that state across the whole area? ie are we talking welly weather here? The forecast doesn't look too promising either :(

I got my wellies this morning - thank god I did!! Its gonna be messy!!

Its not too late - the big supermarkets with clothes sections sell wellies and are open late - ASDA, Tesco's etc. Pretty cheap too.

Someone needs to set up a welly stall outside marlay tomorrow - make a fortune!

Archived