Flash Gigs (organised via twitter)

leetroot

God imagine if they appeared at T in the park I think I would throw myself off a bridge purely because all my friends are going except me and they would never let me hear the last of it...

I would be quite happy if they showed up at T in the park. Seeing as I live right next door and can hear everyone playing without even leaving my house.

So lucky

It's pretty good when there's good bands, but not when the artists are terrible and your trying to sleep. Last year I remember Chris Martin's voice being the only thing I could hear for the better part of an hour.

It's pretty good when there's good bands, but not when the artists are terrible and your trying to sleep. Last year I remember Chris Martin's voice being the only thing I could hear for the better part of an hour.

On the other hand that would be my worst nightmare

Enjoy David Guetta :chuckle:

Olly's example shows how it really can work. :D

Did you buy the tickets online Olly or on the door in the afternoon?

I thought it may work best with at the door so that people who had no chance of getting there didn't take up places.

My theory was that the venue should be booked under an assumed name so that no info leaks beforehand. Then it would be announced as a Muse gig on the Muse twitter and then all hell breaks loose! :LOL:

Bought tickets online and then you had to bring the card with you to prove you were the owner. Think it was 1 ticket per person or something. I was impressed how well it was planned in such a short amount of time.

Bought tickets online and then you had to bring the card with you to prove you were the owner. Think it was 1 ticket per person or something. I was impressed how well it was planned in such a short amount of time.

And it was announced how much before?

Not a good idea with a big band like Muse. You could end up with all sorts of problems, like, for example, in London, you could quite easily turn a tube station and surrounding area into a very dangerous place when 30000 Muse fans turn up en mass and proceed to a 800 person venue.

Also I don't see Muse doing it as it isn't exactly commercially viable. They're a band that has to tour arenas and stadiums for two and half years to meet demands, playing a load of tiny gigs that aren't promoted doesn't really fit in with that business model, and there would indeed have to be a lot or you'd end up pissing a lot of Muse fans off.

Oh, then in that case this will definitely happen.

It is a very good idea actually, even for a large band. I'm aware of one band who are signed to one very well respected label who are encouraged to do smaller shows as it helps to build & maintain a hardcore fanbase as well as keep them believing the band hasn't lost touch with their fans. Another band on the same label is rather famous for their "guerilla" gigs at fan's houses and all that, which was all the label's encouragement.

It may not be a good idea financially, but as a promotional tool, it is utterly fantastic.

The only issue is organising it, keeping it secret and many venues can be booked up months in advance.

It is a very good idea actually, even for a large band. I'm aware of one band who are signed to one very well respected label who are encouraged to do smaller shows as it helps to build & maintain a hardcore fanbase as well as keep them believing the band hasn't lost touch with their fans. Another band on the same label is rather famous for their "guerilla" gigs at fan's houses and all that, which was all the label's encouragement.

It may not be a good idea financially, but as a promotional tool, it is utterly fantastic.

The only issue is organising it, keeping it secret and many venues can be booked up months in advance.

Could be a great idea, but I don't see Muse doing it (at the moment, at least). If you book a venue many months before, don't you also increase the possibility of a leak

I bet it was well exciting to get tickets.

I love this kind of idea but I do admit that I would no doubt be the person who logged on 5 minutes after the tickets were sold and would then be on here cursing my luck :LOL: (I don't have a funky mobile)

agreed :D

• 3 weeks later...
3 hour gig, they just kept going and going. One of the best gigs I've ever been to, I was pretty much on stage with grohl...

5480796944_9d6ff41f2b.jpg

jezzez h christ you could have tasted Dave's sweat from there.. FRESH POTS!!

This is an interesting thread, although i dont relish having to make a quick exit on a 'school day', jump on a train or even just jump in the car give hell for leather and hope i get in..

sure would be interesting.

heh I got a full whip of hair flung in my face so yeah :LOL:

not many people can say they got whipped by Dave Grohl.. o.O

Just going to a gig like that would beat anything hands down, even the Muse Reading/Leeds gigs.. youd may as well stop going to concerts after that because IT WILL NEVER BE BEATEN.

flabbergasted.com

its why didn't go to Milton Keynes shortly after, I no longer think its worth going to see foos any more knowing it can't be beaten.

i was at the second MK gig... was a great gig though.. really :(

i was witness to this little treat though

[YT]

[/YT]

And a couple of my videos to get the atmosphere and size of the gig...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grjQeCyzRco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7aIwqhwf98

Olly you're so moneysupermarket, you dont even know it!! BOOM

*EPIC.. :stongue:

My brother got whipped by Dave's sweaty hair at the NME Awards :LOL:

Dave is such a Ledge.. he knows what the game is all about.. rockgod deservedly so

After the ticket problems of the last few days, I thought about this again.

I should point out that I work different shifts including evenings so I would be highly unlikely to be able to go to any gigs announced in the way that I am thinking of!

My idea was that the gig would be announced within very short notice. There would be no tickets/emails or anything that could be passed on etc (although there would need to be a way to stop casual passers by from joining in - haven't got that bit yet - I was going to say the tweet as a text on your mobile but not sure that would work?). The first X amount who turn up on time, get in. That would be a gig full of people who wanted to go see the band!

The short notice is to stop people attempting to cross the country for the gig and to help prevent thousands and thousands of people turning up and causing chaos. Lack of ticket means that people who have no hope/intention of going don't apply.

Would be a risk for the band (though I can't see it not being a sell out) but would be a way to play those smaller venues they say they'd like to play and we would all love to see them at :)

Edit: thinking back to the first treasure hunt, I remember how excited we were for the people finding the bikes and supported them in the challenge rather than competing against them. maybe the same spirit would come out again? #rosetinted

Archived