Costs for a MB-1 Red Glitter Replica

MisterGIO

I'm just going to through this out there on the replica issue. When I pick up my MB-1, I never think of it as Matt's guitar. It's my guitar, and I do my own stuff on it. It's an amazing instrument and the internal stuff works brilliantly. On top of that, it looks stunning, obviously. The fact it's someone else's design is kind of irrelevant. Everyone is influenced by various artist in terms of style, gear, musicianship or whatever. As soon as you start saying "you should get your own design instead", you may as well start criticising everyone who buys a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, etc. We're all influenced by various people, and we buy what helps us get the sound we want, which as probably been influenced by those artists. I know someone who once lamented the popularity of guitar solos, saying that everyone's just trying to be like Hendrix by including them in songs. It's an example of how you need to remember where to draw the line on stuff like this. My two cents anyway.

That's deep, man

But yeah, I completely agree.

all guitars out there were designed by someone else :facepalm: Some of those people just happen to be world famous musicians that can put their name on it (and probably sell it for a bit more)

So if an employee at a guitar factory came up with a new guitar shape that was incredibly unique and everybody wanted to buy, it probably wouldn't have his name on it, but he still would've designed it. I'm sure orville gibson himself didn't design all of gibsons guitar shapes, yet it says his name on the headstock.

Yeah, you could say the same for anyone who buys a les paul

les paul didnt design the les paul. he designed the original trapeze bridge/tailpiece for it that didnt work because gibson buggered up the neck angle. gibson qc failure!?? shock horror.

Guest Batman.

Aaah I do love how every discussion about an MB replica always turns into a discussion about all guitars in general being unoriginal unless they're your own shape, and fanboism, and how replicas aren't original, and blahblahblahblahblah.

Not that I know a thing at all about anything, but if you're going to get a luthier to build it, then I'd ask some of the luthiers on here. An example would be the guy with the username 'Hooglebug', who has actually posted in this thread. Apparently he is very good at what he does (Although I cannot vouch for that, as I've never played one of his guitars).

Archived