Costs for a MB-1 Red Glitter Replica

MisterGIO

Are you going to build it?

or a luthier?

Why mb-1?

A luthier, MB-1 for the "3-way toggle killswitch" but i would use the Fernandes Sustainer FSK-401 not the 101.

Why is it so many replicas are the red glitter?

Don't know lol...

Why is it so many replicas are the red glitter?

Don't know lol...

A luthier, MB-1 for the "3-way toggle killswitch" but i would use the Fernandes Sustainer FSK-401 not the 101.

Don't know lol...

Seriously dude, you can't come in here and just say "how much does it costs???!!" :LOL: Depends if you're going to Mansons to get the actual guitar (clearly not), or if you're going to a luthier (probably your best bet). Or build it yourself but it sounds like you're not doing that. Then it comes down to the wood you want, the neck, hardware, pups, everything.

Having said that, you could probably get a half decent replica for £500, and a decent one for £1000.

But yeah, Mansion wouldn't be too happy no doubt.

If you're going to lay down money, why not make an original design of your own?

This. I don't get the point now of getting a replica of someone elses guitar.

This. I don't get the point now of getting a replica of someone elses guitar.

I don't get the big deal with getting a replica of one of Matt's guitars. They're cool as shit, just because he's already come up with the idea/design doesn't mean anyone else who wants it is unimaginative...

I don't get the big deal with getting a replica of one of Matt's guitars. They're cool as shit, just because he's already come up with the idea/design doesn't mean anyone else who wants it is unimaginative...

Yeah, you could say the same for anyone who buys a les paul

oh and I'd say it would cost more than £500... parts alone would be around that

You would say that :LOL: Sure, they're well cool. And I never said it means said person's unimaginative... I just don't get the point. It's copying someone elses design, style, everything. I'd much rather get something that's unique to me. And if we're talking MB1s, they also cost ludicrous amounts. £4000 for a replica of another guitarist's guitar? Nah

Not saying I have a problem with it, I just don't get it now.

It also seems kind of ironic that people are getting replicas of guitars that were made to be unique :LOL:

Yeah, you could say the same for anyone who buys a les paul

oh and I'd say it would cost more than £500... parts alone would be around that

Les Paul's are waaaaay different though, back in the day you could say that but the amount of people that have them now takes the whole "copying" thing out of the equation.

You would say that :LOL: Sure, they're well cool. And I never said it means said person's unimaginative... I just don't get the point. It's copying someone elses design, style, everything. I'd much rather get something that's unique to me. And if we're talking MB1s, they also cost ludicrous amounts. £4000 for a replica of another guitarist's guitar? Nah

Not saying I have a problem with it, I just don't get it now.

It also seems kind of ironic that people are getting replicas of guitars that were made to be unique :LOL:

Les Paul's are waaaaay different though, back in the day you could say that but the amount of people that have them now takes the whole "copying" thing out of the equation.

I'm with Jimbo on this. Don't see a problem with people wanting to make replicas of Matt's guitars. They're not readily available like Strats or Les Pauls and the only 'official' replicas cost lots and are probably out of most peoples price range, so if people are inspired by Matt and not bothered about being a wannabe then it makes sense to make a replica (long as the costs don't rocket close to the cost of an actual MB1 where you might as well get the Manson)

I for one however don't really like signature guitars for the same reasons as you, but that's a personal thing

I'm with Jimbo on this. Don't see a problem with people wanting to make replicas of Matt's guitars. They're not readily available like Strats or Les Pauls and the only 'official' replicas cost lots and are probably out of most peoples price range, so if people are inspired by Matt and not bothered about being a wannabe then it makes sense to make a replica (long as the costs don't rocket close to the cost of an actual MB1 where you might as well get the Manson)

I for one however don't really like signature guitars for the same reasons as you, but that's a personal thing

Nono I agree, to an extent, I don't have a problem with it either, I just don't get it and I wouldn't do it myself :LOL: So I guess I'm talking from a personal point too. I'm not saying it's unimaginative or anything, I'd just think my money was spent better on something that's totally mine and unique. Personal tastes really.

Yeah but if you like one of his guitars surely that still counts as being your style/taste? I just love the look of his guitars for the fact normal guitars don't look like that, and for the example of the chrome - not ppl own one.

Nono I agree, to an extent, I don't have a problem with it either, I just don't get it and I wouldn't do it myself :LOL: So I guess I'm talking from a personal point too. I'm not saying it's unimaginative or anything, I'd just think my money was spent better on something that's totally mine and unique. Personal tastes really.

It's why I wanna make/mod my own personal Jazzmaster :happy:

Yeah but if you like one of his guitars surely that still counts as being your style/taste? I just love the look of his guitars for the fact normal guitars don't look like that, and for the example of the chrome - not ppl own one.

I guess... but not to the same degree as something you came up with yerself.

Too many MB1 owners here, gonna get battered down :LOL:

It's why I wanna make/mod my own personal Jazzmaster :happy:

:yesey:

I'm just going to through this out there on the replica issue. When I pick up my MB-1, I never think of it as Matt's guitar. It's my guitar, and I do my own stuff on it. It's an amazing instrument and the internal stuff works brilliantly. On top of that, it looks stunning, obviously. The fact it's someone else's design is kind of irrelevant. Everyone is influenced by various artist in terms of style, gear, musicianship or whatever. As soon as you start saying "you should get your own design instead", you may as well start criticising everyone who buys a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, etc. We're all influenced by various people, and we buy what helps us get the sound we want, which as probably been influenced by those artists. I know someone who once lamented the popularity of guitar solos, saying that everyone's just trying to be like Hendrix by including them in songs. It's an example of how you need to remember where to draw the line on stuff like this. My two cents anyway.

Archived