What you played!

sherpa_man

Just having a look on the net and came across this

http://www.musicradar.com/news/acoustic/50-guitars-to-play-before-you-die-198927/1#!1

what have you played or owned from the list?

Mine are

1. Any random piece of crap

2. Trussart rusty holey steelcaster

3. Gibson Explorer

4. PRS Mira

5. PRS DGT

6. Gibson SG standard

7. Parker fly delux

8. Tom Anderson atom

true, just nothing to do in work, what you played but maybe not the same year?

In that case

fender telecaster

gibson es-335 (the one I played was a 1969 i think)

gibson les paul

fender jazzmaster (modern japanese reissue)

gibson sg standard

parker fly deluxe (1995 model in bright fucking red)

ernie ball music man axis (a new one, only had it for a short time)

i think that's it

actually, looking back, i did play a late 50's LP junior once. it had a ridiculous amount of fretwear though, and didn't play that great.

In that case

fender telecaster

gibson es-335 (the one I played was a 1969 i think)

gibson les paul

fender jazzmaster (modern japanese reissue)

gibson sg standard

parker fly deluxe (1995 model in bright fucking red)

ernie ball music man axis (a new one, only had it for a short time)

i think that's it

actually, looking back, i did play a late 50's LP junior once. it had a ridiculous amount of fretwear though, and didn't play that great.

never played a prs?

Strictly going through the list. What I have at least played (not owned)

Gibson Explorer (Perfect posture and power my ass, wasn't great).

Gretsch White Falcon (aaaaaahhhhhh! :D )

Yamaha Pacifica 112V (When set up, they are decent guitars, an upgrader's dream)

Gibson SG Standard (A mate has it, played it many times, I'll pass, not a fan)

Oh and Any Random Piece of Crap. I like to think it was the Teisco my mate had, because that was so much fun and a good little toan machine :LOL: Great with a slide too.

Have to admit, the list is a bit unusual, a lot are unobtainable to the regular person :LOL:

The "Gibson SG Standard" completely discredits the entire list as it has changed massively over the years.

If you've only played a modern SG Standard, you know nothing of how good those guitars actually were in the past. 60's SG Standards and Juniors are easily the best guitars I've ever played, the modern day shit is SHIT. Avoid.

The "Gibson SG Standard" completely discredits the entire list as it has changed massively over the years.

If you've only played a modern SG Standard, you know nothing of how good those guitars actually were in the past. 60's SG Standards and Juniors are easily the best guitars I've ever played, the modern day shit is SHIT. Avoid.

Didn't know that, so thanks... it makes sense in my head. The modern one I played was not that good. Sadly, my friend plays that over his Godin, which I played many, many times and is one of the best guitars I have played

I've played a crapload of them. At least one version of every Fender and Gibson on the list but the one that has escaped me all of these years is the Gretch White Falcon. Possibly the coolest guitar ever built.

The coolest guitar on that list that I've ever played was a real 1962 Ric 360-12. I recorded a song with one back in the early 90's. Total euphoria, I got to keep it for two days and I'm pretty sure that some of my DNA is still on the back of it.

JT

Yeah, I had a 60's SG jr which was pretty nice. The new guitars don't compare, even the custom shop stuff.

I'm never going to buy a gibson that's newer than the early 2000's (especially since they started chambering les pauls in 2003). The stuff they make now is just disappointing... if I want a new gibson style guitar, I'll get a tokai or something from japan.

Random piece of crap

Dan Armstron Plexi (was not impressed tbh...)

Gibson Explorer (Tried one for the laugh when i bought my peavey)

Gretsch White Falcon (The guy in the guitar shop was demoing it with another guy, and i played 2 chords)

Archived