Danish X-Factor: Sveinur sings Hysteria

invincible.muse

But the singing was...uninspired.

From the first words on I wondered if he understood the lyrics or what the song is about at all. It's like he just sang it cause it had to be sung, didn't put much emotion in there, imho.

The knee-slide ... :rolleyes:

Thankfully Muse has been spared from the atrocities of YTT, as highlighted here.

The kiddies seem to be in their element with the safe terrain provided by chart toppers of dubious talent like Jessie J, One Direction and LMAFO, but the horrors that can occur when they cover songs that you might actually have on your iPod are something else all together. Somehow Foo Fighters and Muse have managed to avoid the indignity of a Young Talent Time appearance, but White Stripes, Gotye and Silverchair haven’t been so lucky. Even older favourites from Queen, Guns N’ Roses and Blondie have suffered in a series of tuneless violations that should have drawn attention from the UN.

If this happened to Muse... :facepalm:

Not sure if you realise but there was a string group who covered Time is Running Out earlier :rolleyes: can't remember what week but it was fairly dull

Damn... I don't watch it so I didn't know. I don't think TiRO on strings is a good idea.

So last night there were the X-factor finale in Denmark and the contestant Sveinur sang Hysteria by Muse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wh3Qe7sHY

Frankly it's rather bad, but you guys could use a good laugh. (And he came third thank god)

Good God! I can sing better than him.... Okay perhaps not, probably would've been better to pick a song where he could hit the higher notes properly..

little out of the topic, but Resistance on strings can be really good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpIHBqi0Ns&feature=related

too bad this is the only Muse song they covered, cuz they are really good...

Oh dear. This is good. I was listening to it and at some point I thought how come I've never realised how good song Resistance is. Then I listened to the album version and thought well this isn't so good. Somehow this string version manages to bring up a haunting "run run until your lungs explode" rhythm compared to which the album version is just mild and mellow.

Thanks for posting :)

Oh dear. This is good. I was listening to it and at some point I thought how come I've never realised how good song Resistance is. Then I listened to the album version and thought well this isn't so good. Somehow this string version manages to bring up a haunting "run run until your lungs explode" rhythm compared to which the album version is just mild and mellow.

Thanks for posting :)

you`re welcome! :happy:

Archived