Matts pickup selecting.

daveno1

bridge. I think for the most part, he's really only used the bridge pickup since he got the Mansons

early on he would use neck and bridge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8wUuuqRIk

and i think with this setup, neck only (the pickup selector is supposed to be upside down in this guitar, but you can definitely hear it's the neck pickup)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-Ryk7Cr-s

bridge pickup is down on a 3 way switch

but it's the other way around on the peavey wolfgang.

on the 007, Delorean, laser and earls court guitars, the bridge pick-up is the small selector below the master volume and bridge PU is up, opposite to bomber, chrome bomber etc. in fact the only time i;ve seen him use the neck pick-up live was OOS Reading for either screenager or darkshines

on the 007, Delorean, laser and earls court guitars, the bridge pick-up is the small selector below the master volume and bridge PU is up, opposite to bomber, chrome bomber etc. in fact the only time i;ve seen him use the neck pick-up live was OOS Reading for either screenager or darkshines

Yeah, I actually can't think of any examples of him using a the neck pickup on one of the Mansons (live anyway).

I suppose he was just going for a different sound after he got the delorean.

One of the only times I can think of is the short jam right before Time is running out at Wembley 07. That sounds very neck-ish, but I´m not sure if he actually is using the neck pickup or not.

Here is the only clip I could find on Youtube. Much better on the DVD of course:

Yeah, it does sound a bit like that, but it's hard to tell whether he's using the sustainer neck pickup or both of the bridge P90s at the same time. (in parallel, they do give a sound like that, but I'm not sure if his are wired in series or parallel)

Archived