Matt Bellamy makes greatest frontman shortlist

Why the past tense, people? Liam ain't dead.

'Cos his best days are gone. He was best when he was in Oasis.

Still better than Bellamy.

But the general opinion here seems to be that Liam is the antichrist.

:noey: I've seen Oasis and Muse live numerous times, Matt's far more impressive than Liam. Liam's all about his massive ego and presence which isn't all that great really. Matt's about skill (guitar, voice, writing) and it shines through in his performance; way more impressive to me.

:noey: I've seen Oasis and Muse live numerous times, Matt's far more impressive than Liam. Liam's all about his massive ego and presence which isn't all that great really. Matt's about skill (guitar, voice, writing) and it shines through in his performance; way more impressive to me.

So the greatest frontman is the one who does the most impressive stuff on stage?

So the greatest frontman is the one who does the most impressive stuff on stage?

Whatever floats your boat innit? Some people love a brain dead pretty boy singing a catchy pop tune, whilst others like someone who sings an amazing song whilst playing the guitar brilliantly....I prefer the latter.

Whatever floats your boat innit? Some people love a brain dead pretty boy singing a catchy pop tune, whilst others like someone who sings an amazing song whilst playing the guitar brilliantly....I prefer the latter.

To a lot of people, Oasis music WERE amazing though, so that one is already down.

And also

>Bellamy

>Playing the guitar brilliantly

:p

To a lot of people, Oasis music WERE amazing though, so that one is already down.

And also

>Bellamy

>Playing the guitar brilliantly

:p

Liam Gallagher didn't play guitar. He played a tambourine. Also, his sneering, looking over his mic, drawling way of singing gets boring after a bit.

Yeah, Oasis had some great songs but I prefer Muse songs and Matt gives loads more energy in his performance, so is more entertaining in general.

Liam Gallagher didn't play guitar. He played a tambourine.

Yes?

Also, his sneering, looking over his mic, drawling way of singing gets boring after a bit.

Yeah, Oasis had some great songs but I prefer Muse songs and Matt gives loads more energy in his performance, so is more entertaining in general.

For you, while for someone else(maybe an Oasis fan) Liam is more entertaining.

I was an Oasis fan, saw them live a few times, but I went off them and subsequently discovered Muse who I preferred greatly and found more entertaining :p

Same here. I saw them at Knebworth Park in 96, supposedly one of their "legendary" performances. But I was far from blown away. Different story with Muse.

Why is there a Bellamy/Muse vs. Gallagher/Oasis debate going on? They're two completely different people who make very different music. If you don't like one of them - good for you, but I don't see anything to compare between the two. They both have different ways of entertaining that will appeal to different people.

Same thing about Freddie, no?

You are either making a joke that I don't understand, or missed my point by a mile.

But to answer your question, yes, same thing about Freddie. But I don't see anyone here talking about Freddie as a great front man in present tense, so I don't see the point.

You are either making a joke that I don't understand, or missed my point by a mile.

But to answer your question, yes, same thing about Freddie. But I don't see anyone here talking about Freddie as a great front man in present tense, so I don't see the point.

It's a joke.

He died. Therefore he is no longer a good frontman. I didn't see anybody saying it either but you said it about Liam so...

Why is there a Bellamy/Muse vs. Gallagher/Oasis debate going on? They're two completely different people who make very different music. If you don't like one of them - good for you, but I don't see anything to compare between the two. They both have different ways of entertaining that will appeal to different people.

Do you object to people having discussions? Because if you do this ain't the place for you.

Do you object to people having discussions? Because if you do this ain't the place for you.

Well I've survived this long, haven't I?

Also, there's a difference between a discussion and a debate. A couple of pages back there was a debate as to who was more entertaining out of Matt and Liam - I was referring to that.

Archived