Easily (Live)

Azzy_p

I've had a look but can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere..

Is there any reason Muse have never played Easily live? (or have they, and im not aware?)

I love that song and i think it'd sound great live.. :( Anyone else agree??

Cheers

Why do you think it'd be hard to recreate? I think its a fairly simple song, ok sure there's an extended solo at the end which overlaps the last chorus, but surely matt would choose to play one guitar or the other, like The Groove.. I dunno I just think there must be something about that song maybe they don't like it or for some reasons brings bad memories so they don't want to play it.

Damn i wish they would play it live though :(

I dunno I just think there must be something about that song maybe they don't like it or for some reasons brings bad memories so they don't want to play it.

Seems a bit of a stupid assumption to me. They don't even play all the songs that make it onto the albums so they're not going to give setlist time to a lesser known b-side, as much as you might like them to.

Muse really don't play b-sides often at all so it's no surprise that Easily hasn't been played in a long. Would be good live, they played it at Earls Court didn't they? Or am I thinking of Crying Shame?

EDIT: Yup, it's never been played. Shame, would've sounded great with the vocal distortion Matt had during 2005/Earls Court.

Because it's pretty much the blandest Muse song to date, 'cept for Exo-Politics.

God awful piece of crap, eww :noey:.

Maybe so. But considering they still play Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, Guiding Light and Soldier's Poem live, I doubt that's the reason they don't play it ;)

Nooo, Easily is not crap :(. I like the layering of the song, but even if that's hard to replicate, they can just put their own live tweaks to it so that's not a good enough excuse :p. Glorious is much harder to do live, but they've performed it in the past. In any case, they haven't and won't ever play it live, imo.

This is what the future of Muse live will look like, imo: B-sides will be limited to special one-off occasions and we'll largely have 'the hits' thrown in with tracks from the new album. I just don't see them dusting off random, old tracks they probably don't remember anymore to please us /cynic.

Last year's OoS is the best we're going to get rare-wise.

I wouldn't mind hugely, especially if the new album has shitloads of awesome songs, but I'd be sad if classics like New Born disappeared. It won't feel like a pwoper Muse show without certain songs, no matter how many times I've seen them.

I wouldn't mind hugely, especially if the new album has shitloads of awesome songs, but I'd be sad if classics like New Born disappeared. It won't feel like a pwoper Muse show without certain songs, no matter how many times I've seen them.

I'd prefer them to drop songs like New Born if they aren't going to put any energy into them - it was shocking on TR tour. If L/R was the last performance of New Born - I'd be happy it went it out on a good note.

I'd prefer them to drop songs like New Born if they aren't going to put any energy into them - it was shocking on TR tour. If L/R was the last performance of New Born - I'd be happy it went it out on a good note.

Yeah, I do think they've taken the piss with New Born in the last tour. It's one of my fave ever Muse songs, so to see it butchered like that was awful. They probably knew they'd get bottled if they tried the same treatment for the OoS performances at R&L :LOL:. I think it'll be the new Map or B&H: they'll bring it back once in a while but slowly phase it out. RIP :(.

Yeah, I do think they've taken the piss with New Born in the last tour. It's one of my fave ever Muse songs, so to see it butchered like that was awful. They probably knew they'd get bottled if they tried the same treatment for the OoS performances at R&L :LOL:. I think it'll be the new Map or B&H: they'll bring it back once in a while but slowly phase it out. RIP :(.

So do we call it mis-carriage now?

Darkshines was very strong at Reading, and everyone here seemed to love it. Bliss also looks like its still a very fun song live. So They have options. They don't have to keep playing New Born if there's no energy in it. Sure the fans can be demanding but most seem to be against Muse playing a song they're not enjoying much anymore, since it's not fun for both the band and the audience.

I reckon at most the only songs from OoS on the next tour will be pib and Citizen Erased. Plug in baby because its been in alto every set-list since its release plus if it wasn't there then Matt wouldn't have much use for his fuzz factory guitars. I think muse know that citizen erased is a fan favourite and they seem to enjoy playing it.

Hyper Music was absolutely amazing, the crowd seemed to love it. But we all know it's still not getting played :rolleyes:

Feeling Good will stay, Plug In Baby will stay, New Born will probably have to make at least a couple of appearances as it is a popular song among casuals, Citizen Erased will probably get played a bit, same with Bliss. They could surprise us and play Dark Shines or Screenager as they enjoyed them but I think that's highly unlikely.

Anyway, this is a discussion for another thread ;)

What are the chances of Feeling Good actually staying as a regular? The song was pretty much absent from 2011 and it did already take a couple of years off during the Absolution Tour.

Wait. That makes sense. Surely you are talking about some other band.

In before "don't call me Shirley" too.

Darkshines was very strong at Reading, and everyone here seemed to love it. Bliss also looks like its still a very fun song live. So They have options. They don't have to keep playing New Born if there's no energy in it. Sure the fans can be demanding but most seem to be against Muse playing a song they're not enjoying much anymore, since it's not fun for both the band and the audience.

And then fans will demand for it to make a return the next tour.

Kinda like....oh right, Bliss and Citizen Erased.

Archived