Welsh Musers

christoph

How much Welsh do you know? (Welsh musers only)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How much Welsh do you know? (Welsh musers only)

Hmm just because we may be nearer to England doesnt mean we are "pretend welsh" we cant help where we were born or currently live unless you are old enough and have enough money to move

I dont think i have a welsh accent, but there we are

I'm still classed as welsh because i am...... *trails off* not in the mood to say anything else

True, it's so hard to find a job anywhere, even a part time one, oooh actually there is always KFC or McDonalds, ooh yeaaah :rolleyes:

There is mostly old people where i live, just because it's a village type thingy place....

We have two now!

I still stand by the belief that anyone from South Wales is just pretend welsh.

:eek: How do you work that out? Just because we weren't taught Welsh in school, which they are these days. We sound more Welsh than anyone, our accents are quite strong in South Wales.

:eek: How do you work that out? Just because we weren't taught Welsh in school, which they are these days. We sound more Welsh than anyone, our accents are quite strong in South Wales.

Mine isn't

Yeah i guess it's like that, my best mate who is english says i sound welsh, and my other friend who is also english thinks i sound welsh, whereas i dont think i sound welsh, not in the slightest

I'm not Welsh. But my boyfriend lives in Wales. I met this other guy that lives in Wales but i haven't seen him in muse chat for a while. I wanted him to talk to my boyfriend so if your name is Matthew and you live in Wales and your screen name was killing in the name of then let me know. Love Muse of course talk to you all later. Oh and if you found out what my last name was you'd laugh...

• 2 weeks later...
So do you Welshies have to learn Welsh in school?

It depends where they're from I think, most south Wales' schools have it compulsory with English as a second language. I could be wrong so please correct me I've never actually lived in Wales for all my preaching but I'm still proud.

In North Wales it's not so Welsh speaking hence my English cousins living in the north only speak English and my English cousins in the south must produce all their schoolowork in Welsh....how wacky.

It depends where they're from I think, most south Wales' schools have it compulsory with English as a second language. I could be wrong so please correct me I've never actually lived in Wales for all my preaching but I'm still proud.

In North Wales it's not so Welsh speaking hence my English cousins living in the north only speak English and my English cousins in the south must produce all their schoolowork in Welsh....how wacky.

ALL their schoolwork? Ouch.

Yes! I found a Welsh musers thread :happy: Well, needless to say, I am a Welsh muser. And for those of you from Wales, you will know what I'm on about when I say I'm from Barry!!!! But I tend to live in Cardiff. And yep, we had to do Welsh in school. Think I got an A or B. Can't remember much now though, but I do know the anthem...naturally. And I am still bitter that I didn't get to see Muse when the last came to Cardiff and my boyfriend did (and he's not even Welsh!!!!) I was doing my dissertation, damn it! As for an accent...well it only seems to come out when I'm drunk. But there are words like lovely, or lethal that tend to be pretty Weslhy :) But I am finally getting to see Muse in but 15 days time. Yay! :D

Edit: Oh, and Oakwood is brilliant! I used to go there every year, 'cause my nan and gramp lived close to it. :happy:

Haha I have to be drunk for mine to really show too, or when saying certain words..tidy :D

It's either when I'm drunk or incredibly excited! The word 'perpendicular' can sound very funny in a Welsh accent. T'other half is English, and his mates keep asking what I can say in Welsh, which isn't much. But I did go through the anthem once. I reckon sboncen is my fave word just 'cause it sounds funny :happy: And they always wanna know about Barry island for some reason :confused:

Schools around me all have English as first language, and Have a little Welsh taught here and there, unless of course you go to a Welsh school. And we weren't taught Welsh at all when I was in School. (which was a while back now :$ ) I'm near Caerphilly, between Newport and Cardiff. (s.wales) :D

I like being Welsh loads :happy: and even more so when it comes to being so around my mates. They are all English (I don't think many Welsh people actually went to Cardiff Uni!) I secretly enjoy it when my accent comes out after a long nights drinking, but shhh, don't tell them that! They seem to like to take the piss! It would be nice to know more Welsh then I do. They say they teach it at school, but they don't really. I hardly learnt a thing. Funnilly enough, I went out today and got me a Welsh flag to take to V with me!

I like being Welsh loads :happy: and even more so when it comes to being so around my mates. They are all English (I don't think many Welsh people actually went to Cardiff Uni!) I secretly enjoy it when my accent comes out after a long nights drinking, but shhh, don't tell them that! They seem to like to take the piss! It would be nice to know more Welsh then I do. They say they teach it at school, but they don't really. I hardly learnt a thing. Funnilly enough, I went out today and got me a Welsh flag to take to V with me!

Yay!! Fly the Welsh flag! :D I can't go to 'V' so I'm hoping I'll see it on TV somewhere, I'll be looking for your flag! ;)

Yay!! Fly the Welsh flag! :D I can't go to 'V' so I'm hoping I'll see it on TV somewhere, I'll be looking for your flag! ;)

Indeed I shall be flying that flag, and rocking my little socks off!!! :D Keep an eye out for my flag, I will be the short blonde flag bearing nutter! I also intend to run off home and check the highlights to do some serious me spotting too!

• 3 weeks later...

I am pleased to report back to all fellow Welsh Musers that I flew my flag with pride! And gained a few New Zealanders along the way :) Muse were brilliant, and I had the time of my life. Hope some other Welsh Musers were there. The only Welsh people I spoke to weren't there to see them most of all.

Archived