Hi all!

I would like to share my friend's YouTube channel - he has now made this amazing drum cover of Assassin by Muse.

Here:

Please watch, like, comment & subscribe - all the support is needed.

Love that song by the way! :happy:

- Muse fan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
For the bass I would advice keeping a clean track in for some more beef. The overdriven sound seems okay, but it looses oomph this way.

Otherwise, good cover, I wish I could sing even half as good.

There is actually a clean blended with any distortion at all times although the blend ratio may not be to your liking. I did clear out a ton of EQ on the bass tracks around 250 hz though to make room for the kick.

If anything this was more of a progression in my recording/mixing/mastering skills which are still very new.

There is actually a clean blended with any distortion at all times although the blend ratio may not be to your liking. I did clear out a ton of EQ on the bass tracks around 250 hz though to make room for the kick.

If anything this was more of a progression in my recording/mixing/mastering skills which are still very new.

Totally wrong place to be cutting if you want the kick to cut through and it completely thins out the bass.

Edited by haze015

Totally wrong place to be cutting if you want the kick to cut through and it completely thins out the bass.

While I appreciate the insight, it would be much more useful if you could suggest a frequency band boost/cut in either to help with what I was trying to accomplish. Apparently incorrectly.

While I appreciate the insight, it would be much more useful if you could suggest a frequency band boost/cut in either to help with what I was trying to accomplish. Apparently incorrectly.

You might be trying to achieve something you might not need to do, at the very least should be doing the complete opposite.

But definitely incorrectly, 250Hz is roughly middle C, why are you trying to get the kick to cut through there!?

Edited by haze015

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Quite like it! I think the sustain on the guitar/bass is a bit too short, it dies out a bit too soon on the whole notes.

Yea, I think in the studio recording there is an assload of compression on the guitars an bass that give them this crazy swelling sound that helps with that. I just don't like what it does to the note attack, so I chose not to do that. I appreciate the feedback though.

The one thing I'm really missing compared to the studio recording is the crazy delayed/pitch shifted effect on the guitar in the chorus. I can't figure out what that is.