In regards to the actual playing, you did pretty well. Very out of time with the backing track though, and I noticed you said you edited the sound through audacity which doesn't sound the best either. Have a look at some distortion pedals and try some out, because audacity is definitely not the best when it comes to distorting sounds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
No shamelessness in a thread where you have to promote your own covers :D

The arpeggio's aren't quite right though - but it's okay. Sounds a bit too MIDI to me though, so maybe you can try to use some different sounds or virtual instruments.

Lulzies, all I wanted to do is sharpen that instrumental until it sounds even if not 100% satisfactory to me, at least 97% somewhat. Thanks for the tip btw :p

In regards to the actual playing, you did pretty well. Very out of time with the backing track though, and I noticed you said you edited the sound through audacity which doesn't sound the best either. Have a look at some distortion pedals and try some out, because audacity is definitely not the best when it comes to distorting sounds.

Hello and sorry for the late reply. Thanks I try to do my best. I know it's a bit out of time, like half of a second, I will try to do it better next time. I used Audacity yes but I did not distorted the sound with the software but with my amp. I just used Audacity to improve the sound a bit, put the backing track...

What pedal do you people recommend? I would like to buy the fuzz factory but it's quite expensive (around 200€) and I think I will buy a MXR Distortion + (60-80€) What do you think about this pedal?

Ahh, Micro Cuts. The death of bassists like me, who are bad with accenting notes. Gotta say tho, the fuzz is pretty sweet imo :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YgwMZAXYCo

Kudos for not playing that with the delay as Chris does. I'd recommend to learn how to play very close to the strings at even volumes, so whenever you need the accents you can cheat a bit by moving them out a bit further allowing some more velocity to hit the strings harder.

I'm not too 'fuzzed' about the fuzz, I think that mostly came Matt, Chris using more animato instead.

Kudos for not playing that with the delay as Chris does. I'd recommend to learn how to play very close to the strings at even volumes, so whenever you need the accents you can cheat a bit by moving them out a bit further allowing some more velocity to hit the strings harder.

I'm not too 'fuzzed' about the fuzz, I think that mostly came Matt, Chris using more animato instead.

Thanks! And yeh, I know Chris used the Animato, I just love using a bit thicker distortion, it's much better for my own taste :D

And for the thing with ghost notes, that's what I've actually tried to learn, but it's coming slow as I'm playing with a pick most of the time. Thanks for the tip anyway :3

• 2 weeks later...

Can you people tell me all the songs that include a Piano? I am not sure if I miss some.

I can play: Sunburn, Isolated System, New Born Intro, I belong to you (not the french part), Neutron Star Collision, Survival, Mercy, Eurasia... I have to learn the Globalist. Any more songs?

Thanks in advance.

Can you people tell me all the songs that include a Piano? I am not sure if I miss some.

I can play: Sunburn, Isolated System, New Born Intro, I belong to you (not the french part), Neutron Star Collision, Survival, Mercy, Eurasia... I have to learn the Globalist. Any more songs?

Thanks in advance.

Apocalypse Please, Citizen Erased outro, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Resistance, Animals and Feeling Good?

Apocalypse Please, Citizen Erased outro, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Resistance, Animals and Feeling Good?

I already know Apocalypse Please, Feeling Good and Resistance is quite easy, just a few notes. I forgot to put this ones. Thanks for the others I will try B&H and Animals ;) Also CE Outro. (Starlight also have a piano part btw)

Hey, I've never posted here before, but I guess I finally should!

I make one-man band covers, generally half of them are Muse and the other half are various other artists. I kind of like those two:

F10FwMSw85Y

QGZyfpwEu6k

I'm also about to release Mercy very soon. The Unintended cover is two years old, so it's not of much quality (it was my first ever cover). What do you think? Hope I'm not met with a negative response :$

Thanks in advance.

Piano Thing is more of an impro, so I'm not listing it below.

Animals

Apocalypse Please

Blackout

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Cave (if you count the live piano version)

Endlessly

Exogenesis pt: 2 & pt 3

Explorers

Falling Down

Feeling Good

Hoodoo

Isolated System

Megalomania

Neutron Star Collision

Ruled by Secrecy

Screenager

Soaked

Soldier's Poem

Space Dementia

Sunburn

Survival

(Take a Bow)

United States of Eurasia

Piano Parts:

Citizen Erased

Con-Science

The Gallery

The Globalist

In Your World (intro)

Map of the Problematique

New Born

Resistance

Starlight

Sing for Absolution

Stockholm Syndrome

Edited by Matthijs

Piano Thing is more of an impro, so I'm not listing it below.

Animals

Apocalypse Please

Blackout

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Cave (if you count the live piano version)

Endlessly

Exogenesis pt: 2 & pt 3

Explorers

Falling Down

Feeling Good

Hoodoo

Isolated System

Megalomania

Neutron Star Collision

Ruled by Secrecy

Screenager

Soaked