If you could design the stage for the next Muse tour...

Bumpypotato

It makes me sad knowing the HAARP stage was pretty much only used twice. The second satellite stage (later arenas/V Fest) had that same feel though. I think combined with the big screen it would've been just as amazing.

BH&R stages are my favorite.

Some of the BH&R stages were brilliant. Wembley, V Fest, RAH (I like those really simple lights)

Hate the 2006 arena stage though, and the 2007 festival one. Reading stage was okay...

Some of the BH&R stages were brilliant. Wembley, V Fest, RAH (I like those really simple lights)

Hate the 2006 arena stage though, and the 2007 festival one. Reading stage was okay...

2007 festival wasn't too great for me either. I didn't mind the arena stage though (the satellite drum one, not the tube one).

I like how they had the lights and visuals that their style was made for, but didn't overdo it like I feel the Resistance did with the exception of the festival stage.

I still like some designs. The drum riser, the satellites, the OoS antennae, the weird things hanging on the 2001 stage. It's just when it starts interfering with their open playing space that there's a problem. The towers stage had that, and while the pyramid stage wasn't that restrictive it was still a rather confined space since they only had the little piece in the middle of the structure

Some people are saying that it would be good to just have one big screen behind. I think that can work, but then the visuals have to be good

Like, if the visuals are actually showing shots of the band, more people would be tempted to look at the screen rather than the band, whereas if the visuals compliment the music, as a lot of the Reading visuals did (or Apocalypse Please in the picture I posted above) then that just works really well

HAARP and Reading stages were quite similar in a way. One mahoosive screen. Normal screens at the sides. Some weird structure thing on the stage in front of the screen (forks/satellites)

I'd like two small stages- one near the middle of the venue, the other attached to the wall, with a lot of quite wide gantries connecting them. Have a big screen either on the "wall" stage or both sides of the venue, and loads of flares and lights on the gantries. Might flop but I think it'd make a change from the usual stage setup.

I'd like two small stages- one near the middle of the venue, the other attached to the wall, with a lot of quite wide gantries connecting them. Have a big screen either on the "wall" stage or both sides of the venue, and loads of flares and lights on the gantries. Might flop but I think it'd make a change from the usual stage setup.

I don't really think we need a change though. L/R and HAARP were great stages and were also fairly simple (as far as Muse go).

I'd love to see small B-Stage in the middle of arena. Or, even better, a raising platform (similar to the one from 2010 stadium tour, but in arena). It'll be perfect for acoustic songs or something. :thumbsup: Just imagine: completly dark arena and only one spotlight directed to that raised platform...

I'd love to see small B-Stage in the middle of arena. Or, even better, a raising platform (similar to the one from 2010 stadium tour, but in arena). It'll be perfect for acoustic songs or something. :thumbsup: Just imagine: completly dark arena and only one spotlight directed to that raised platform...

Nah, the platform sucks, if you're right next to it then you can't see shite.

Anything but a runway stage please. The crowd interaction aspect of it is cool, but the staircase leading up to the main stage always blocks off a chunk of your view if you're in the front. I could hardly see Matt at all on Wembley 10th because of that damn staircase.

Anything but a runway stage please. The crowd interaction aspect of it is cool, but the staircase leading up to the main stage always blocks off a chunk of your view if you're in the front. I could hardly see Matt at all on Wembley 10th because of that damn staircase.

If it makes you feel better, I couldn't see anything of Matt on the platform in Take A Bow because I was basically right underneath it so I could only see the bottom. :facepalm:

Well, for Undisclosed Desires, they weren't always right at the top of it. I saw them when they were going up and coming down, and they moved around a bit more so I saw a bit more of them, except when they were right at the top. For Take A Bow though, it went higher quicker, so I missed basicallly the whole song of seing anything. I'd care more about seeing the Take A Bow stuff, also, but never mind. Great show overall. :)

To be honest, I think Arena shows would be to small. It works for Stadium shows, sure, but it would feel far to cluttered in an arena.

Nah, the platform sucks, if you're right next to it then you can't see shite.

This, it's great for people further away but it's irritating having to shuffle around or crane your neck to see them when next to it. I was gutted for barely being able to see Matt's head during Take A Bow at Manchester (I did see the LED suit a bit though at least).

If they actually had it on the stage instead of the runway it could work, but then people at the front of the crowd might not be able to see depending on how high it went up.

At least you all got to see Take A Bow :indiff:

Seriously though, I think something like the towers works because they can still be seen by the front and far without too many neck problems. Just make them an add on though, not the most important part of the stage, since that's what made the towers restrictive.

I'm really hoping they chill a bit with their stage design. I mean, don't get me wrong, the towers were awesome, but it really felt like it was cluttering up the stage a fair bit. With a band like Muse, you can expect they'll have fancy sets and lighting for their next tour, which is fine. I just hope that whatever it is, it accentuates their performance, rather then their performance being gaped around it. Simpler would he better in this case, as it felt like the towers were almost alienating the audience at times.

I always thought the towers were fine. They shouldn't really restrict the band if they're used properly. I mean, if the band were on the towers for the piano songs, or Undisclosed Desires for example then that'd hardly be restricting them, if anything enhancing them

Also, I fucking hate b-stages

I think the stages they had for the HAARP tour and R/L were the ideal stages for Muse to perform in. The pyramid stage was just too over the top and overshadowed their performance and placed more emphasis on the visuals than the music itself. The HAARP stage was an ideal combination of both.

At least you all got to see Take A Bow :indiff:

I thought we just made it pretty clear that we didn't! :p

We heard it, certainly, but when you spend the whole song thinking "Argh, dammit, I can't see a thing" that tends to be your overriding memory of it, rather than how damn good it should have been! :$

Ah well...Still got Bliss, Citizen Erased, and Ruled By Secrecy, eh? ;)

I thought we just made it pretty clear that we didn't! :p

We heard it, certainly, but when you spend the whole song thinking "Argh, dammit, I can't see a thing" that tends to be your overriding memory of it, rather than how damn good it should have been! :$

Ah well...Still got Bliss, Citizen Erased, and Ruled By Secrecy, eh? ;)

I can sympathize with having bad memories while hearing a live song.

I at least got Citizen. 1/4 is better than nothing after 3 gigs :$

Archived